What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KitPvP Revamp Suggestions

Realtra

Diamond
Iron
Realtra
Realtra
Diamond
Okay, so basically Taon2, the developer of the server, asked us to make forum threads of suggestions we have for the kitpvp revamp.
I only have two suggestions off the bat, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

1) The main problem I've encountered in KitPvP is that the kits that throw snowballs, such as Shaco and Frosty, now have a cooldown. I'd like to suggest that those cooldowns between throws be removed, or shortened to a reasonable length of time, for example, the cooldown between throws for Shaco is 10 seconds, and it should either be removed completely (so someone can spam snowballs and wait for them to refill), or make the cooldown 2-3 seconds long.

2) The other suggestion I have is less of a kit-related idea, but more of a thing on the new map (since chances are we'll get a new map). I propose that there should be hazards around the map, traps, things that make you more mobile when moving around and make the map more interactive. Basically there could be like a pressure plate that spits out fire to anyone who steps on it, more jump pads around the map, a button that could activate pistons that push a player off of something, floating structures that have parkour around them, a button that can reveal a staircase to a higher spot on the map (which reverts back to normal after a few moments), or just little things that keep players on their toes while moving around the map, and it forces players to strategize, as a new player could use these traps to kill someone chasing after them, or they could use them to get away from another player.

These are just personal ideas, feel free to give your ideas in a reply.

NZEcho

NZEcho
NZEcho
1) The main problem I've encountered in KitPvP is that the kits that throw snowballs, such as Shaco and Frosty, now have a cooldown. I'd like to suggest that those cooldowns between throws be removed, or shortened to a reasonable length of time, for example, the cooldown between throws for Shaco is 10 seconds, and it should either be removed completely (so someone can spam snowballs and wait for them to refill), or make the cooldown 2-3 seconds long.
I think this could be helpful, however, they can be op at times so I don't think that removing the cooldown would be 'fair' but a reduction to the current 10-second cooldown could be good, I think it should be more around the 5-second mark. Just my opinion though.

2) The other suggestion I have is less of a kit-related idea, but more of a thing on the new map (since chances are we'll get a new map). I propose that there should be hazards around the map, traps, things that make you more mobile when moving around and make the map more interactive. Basically there could be like a pressure plate that spits out fire to anyone who steps on it, more jump pads around the map, a button that could activate pistons that push a player off of something, floating structures that have parkour around them, a button that can reveal a staircase to a higher spot on the map (which reverts back to normal after a few moments), or just little things that keep players on their toes while moving around the map, and it forces players to strategize, as a new player could use these traps to kill someone chasing after them, or they could use them to get away from another player.
I think a new map would be great, I like the idea of floating structures and more parkour. I believe with traps and pistons everywhere the map may become a little over cluttered, not to mention that for newer plays (while yes it could help them kill people chasing them) they may not understand how the traps work and be reluctant to push the buttons or pressure plates. I think that a really could map could be made by the wonderful builders with the theme of floating islands, with large layers ('islands') and parkour leading to them could be quite cool. I also like your idea of more jump pads - although they can get annoying for me due to ping.

A few good ideas in there, as well as a few that need a little working. Overall good job though!

Tomasuh

Tomasuh
Tomasuh
More interactive map like potion effect wheels that give temporary effects(For like 50 coins) and some more cool stuff that you can do), cool kids hill or corner and better anti cheat. Also some quests or missions for some coins (Not necessarily kill quests but some parkour quests and etc...). IMPORTANT IDEA!!!! Get staff to regularly check kitpvp!

Last edited:

UsedBoxMan

UsedBoxMan
UsedBoxMan
Missions is a great idea, getting coins right now is boring and repetitive, going for kitmaster takes a long time unless you play everyday or buy keys which people might not have the time or money for.
Also adding more kits or revamping some kits would be a good addition too, we've had the same old boring kits for some time now and i'm tired of seeing dubstep and strafe demolish the meta.

NZEcho

NZEcho
NZEcho
More interactive map like potion effect wheels that give temporary effects(For like 50 coins) and some more cool stuff that you can do), cool kids hill or corner and better anti cheat. Also some quests or missions for some coins (Not necessarily kill quests but some parkour quests and etc...). IMPORTANT IDEA!!!! Get staff to regularly check kitpvp!
I like the idea of a potion wheel and quests. The wheel could be a command that is run which shows up a GUI where you can select different tiers of potions (a factor that is affected by the tiers could be something such as length) each tier varying in price. Once the user has selected the tier the coins are taken and a GUI similar to the crate animation could run. Obviously the animation would have to be fairly short so people could do it while in the arena, or have the option for players to just [escape] to close the menu and revive the effect.

As for the quests I give that a big +1 I think it’s a great idea and would really help newer players or those not so good at pvp get coins. Like you said they don’t all have to be quests for kill, it could be for completing a parkour, or reaching a certain length of playtime and so on.

Missions is a great idea, getting coins right now is boring and repetitive, going for kitmaster takes a long time unless you play everyday or buy keys which people might not have the time or money for.
Also adding more kits or revamping some kits would be a good addition too, we've had the same old boring kits for some time now and i'm tired of seeing dubstep and strafe demolish the meta.
I think that new kits would also be a good idea, I agree with the fact that it gets tiring of using the same kits over and over. By adding new kits it would eliminate this problem as well as adding new and exciting ways to play.

Another suggestion I have is the he ability to buy a ‘crate key’ it would be a seperate key to the one you have to buy, but it does the same thing. So for a certain amount of coins you can buy a key that can be used to give you a random but, it would be a limited selection of kits most of which are the same or cheeper than the key would cost, with a few that cost more.

TheCryptic

Fake Helper
TheCryptic
TheCryptic
Omg yes ur a genius Tomasuh!! Adding a random potion effect/buff like the black ops zombies mystery box would be so fun.

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Emerald
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Emerald
I actually really like the idea of an interactive map, it sounds like it could be very interesting, and it would mean fighting is less about who has the best kit and could have a bit of strategising. The snowball kit cooldowns shouldn't be removed, but they should definitely be reduced.

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Reduced prices of /event shop, kit balancing, generally a new map that’s enjoyable (I feel like the holiday variations of maps have been the best and most liked all round, if a map like that could be designed but just for general setting then that would be amazing), new events??

TogepiMax

SpOoPy 🥚
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
All I hope is that they nerf strafe kit a bit so there is a bit more variety in kit use. Not to the point where strafe is completely pointless to buy, but just to the point where u can use ur fav kit without gettin cleaned by a strafe as easily. As suggested, an interactive map would be nice. But the cooldown being removed for kits like snowman and shaco, would make em too op. Maybe a reduced cooldown would be better.

pls buff jumper kit too.... pls

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Emerald
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Emerald
Reduced prices of /event shop, kit balancing, generally a new map that’s enjoyable (I feel like the holiday variations of maps have been the best and most liked all round, if a map like that could be designed but just for general setting then that would be amazing), new events??
I think it depends on what events, cause currently the king event is the only one I enjoy, and part of that is because you can opt-out of playing it.

Duuucky

Iron
ItsYourBirthday_
ItsYourBirthday_
Iron
I think /pay would be kinda nice, never hurts to help a player out instead of forcing them to buy a stupid key us well-known could help other players out here and there. It is OUR choice to get them in kits that's better then crappy ones. does it mean we have to truce? No, we can simply give our self a challenge they could be bad a**

Add /pay

Matty

xMatty
xMatty
I think /pay would be kinda nice, never hurts to help a player out instead of forcing them to buy a stupid key us well-known could help other players out here and there. It is OUR choice to get them in kits that's better then crappy ones. does it mean we have to truce? No, we can simply give our self a challenge they could be bad a**

Add /pay
seeing as the really good players have millions of coins from high killstreaks they could just give somebody all the coins they need for kitmaster and ruin the game.

Dont add /pay , unless other things worth keeping coins for are added

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
Do something to combat the hundreds of hackers logging on daily. That's kinda the only thing that is stopping me from playing kit at all tbh

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
C00kiez
C00kiez
Diamond
I would suggest maybe getting rid of some of the kits and replacing them with new ones for people to try out