What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KitPvP

NegativeKB

I'm back >:)))
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
Hello, everyone. I come to you today with a KitPvP Reset/Overhaul Post that could possibly help with a KitPvP Reset! Me and DabOnDatCheese have looked at a lot of previous suggestions for KitPvP and we would like to bring them back to the spotlight, obviously with some of our own ideas as well.

Before we get into the list of suggestions, I would like to suggest a Kit Overhaul, obviously, it’s hard to come up with new original kit ideas that are balanced, and it would take a long time to code it. I understand, but I hope eventually this could happen. All new kits, new concepts for kits, etc. Because even if a reset happens, the long time players will already know what kit to use. So it’s easy for them, but for newer players, they won’t understand what kit to go for. Which is unfair for newer players in my opinion. But yeah they will eventually learn what kits are the best and whatever.

Refresh Kit Bug:
Ever since Team Fights were added, /refreshkit has been broken, obviously, not a game breaking bug. But it sucks because it’s a relatively new feature and players cannot use it now. Which obviously sucks.
http://prntscr.com/p1yher

Potion Registration Bug:
Don’t think this is a known issue but this is a game-breaking problem. This bug makes a kit essentially unusable, when using the Potion Master kit and right clicking your potions fast won’t make half of them register! The following video is recorded by DabOnDatCheese:

Now to actually get into the suggestions list, be sure to put your own suggestions in the comments!

Missions/Quests:
Something I said in a previous post of mine, add some form of Quest/Missions system so newer players could get coins faster! With a simple command or an NPC click it would open up the GUI and display daily, weekly, and/or monthly quests that players could complete to unlock a whole variety of rewards! Like Coins, Event Tokens, and Keys.

Achievements:
Something similar to Missions/Quests, but after completing that certain task you cannot complete it again! Basically one-time quests!

Arena Events:
So far we only have 3 Arena Events, which people seem to like so far. But I personally would like to see more variety with the events! Adding more events would be a nice addition and would make the arena more active!

EventShop Changes/Additions:
So far, in my opinion the EventShop is worthless to me. Some items there are expensive and/or not worth it. For example keeping your killstreak upon death. If you play Strafe or any kit with little to no armour or weak armour, you don’t know when you’ll be instantly killed by me grinding for kills. So that one minute timer is not really worth it. Plus it’s expensive as hell. The shop is also very limited in what we could possibly purchase. We could possibly add keys to the Event Shop, another way to get keys without purchasing them! Maybe some more things that we could purchase with Event Tokens!

Key Exchange Shop:
Another thing I stated previously in another post of mine, a Key Exchange Shop, typically when resets happen, the rich kids of Skycade buys keyalls. Personally I have 52 keys I cannot use and they rot away in my pocket. I would love a new way to use my keys, maybe for Event Tokens, Keys, or maybe we could trade them with players.

Update the Tutorial:
The Tutorial has not been updated. When a new player joins they are greeted with a brief Tutorial that briefly explains the gamemode to them. This isn’t accurate in explaining the gamemode now. For example, it says something like “Do /upgrade to upgrade kits,” we do not have that anymore. Another thing it doesn’t explain the Events/EventShop or nothing that was added recently.

Random Teleportation:
Even though I do it a lot, kill farmers prevent newer players from getting kills and exploring the map. This should be changed, the spawn should have some form of portal that teleports a player randomly across the map. It doesn’t have to be “random” it could be predetermined locations but the player is randomly thrown to one of those locations.

Automatic Map Rotations(Seasonal?):
Personally, I don’t like it when there’s only one map for KitPvP pretty much the entire season. I would like a Map Rotation, the maps could possible be chosen by the players, or they could be seasonal maps built by our god, lord and saviour Hugo!

Prestiges/Player Leveling:
I saw this in Deorc’s post, and I agree with it. We need more progression in KitPvP. There’s nothing past KitMaster, unless you’re on a leaderboard. Which I would love some form of leveling, determined by kills or like xp system. For example 1 kill could equal out to x amount of xp, or it could be randomized!

More Competitiveness:
Personally, I would love to see more competitiveness to KitPvP, something to bring competitive players to KitPvP. Yeah people will say “It’s KitPvP it’s not popular enough to be competitive,” what makes Factions competitive? Rewards. People play for the rewards, Skycade used to (still does?) give out a suffix for the top faction, I don’t think it’s hard to make a suffix, it could be like ”the Killer” or something like that. In my opinion there should be a reward for getting #1 kills and/or deaths on KitPvP.

Soup Price/Cooldown:
I also saw this in Deorc’s post, I agree as well, /soup already has a cooldown why not reduce the price by half or so. I do agree, it is harder for newer players.

New Leaderboards:
I would love to see more leaderboards, which adds on to the More Competitiveness section. More leaderboards would encourage more playing/grinding! Which is what we want! Maybe we could have a Coins Leaderboard, or even Event Tokens Leaderboard. There are a lot of possibilities!

I would love it if you voiced your opinion about anything I said in this post, or you could post your own suggestions for a potential KitPvP Reset, hopefully, happening relatively soon!

Last edited:

Materializing

Mod.exe
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Bugs:
Refreshkit isn't something that needs to be fixed right away, but I agree that it should be fixed at some point. The potreg issue is a lot of a bigger issue, and I'm glad you reported it to us.

Suggestions:
(TLDR; Yellow for new ideas, gray for neutral, red for no, green for yes.)

Missions: Missions would be really nice, but there's one problem, and that's that it's kind of hard to make creative missions that everyone can do, including the default kits. I'm sure we could think of some though, so I'm gonna say yes to that.

Achievements: Again the same issue as missions, it would be hard to make these creative and interesting. I'm not actually sure that these are something I think KitPvP needs, so I'm neutral on it.

Arena Events: Personally, I'm not a fan of the events in general. I feel like it would be nice if events were optional, because they seem to always interrupt KitPvP for me and I never really want to join them. If we had more interesting events, I might play them, but it would be nicer for them to be optional imo.

EventShop: I'm not sure I like the idea of kit keys on the eventshop, but I do believe we should have cheaper options on the store, and also we should be able to get something out of it. Maybe people could get one token per event and we could have a sort of event crate, where you could get money for kit, or other prizes. I like that idea, to be honest.

Key Exchange: The problem with this one is there's kind of nothing people who have maxed out can exchange keys for. However, stealing a glimpse at your leveling suggestion, getting x amount of xp for a kit if you already have it could be an option there.

Update the tutorial: To be honest I had no idea a tutorial existed. A yes on this one, although I don't think it's that urgent, it would be nice.

Random Tp: This one's a no. I understand it from a new player's perspective (played on my alt, it was chaotic) but it would also be harder to catch hackers (for helpers trying to catch easily quickied hackers, this is a terrible idea), more annoying to get to places when you jumped down, etc. Sorry, not a fan of that one although I understand your point.

Auto Maps: Also a no on this, only because I feel like the map change is kind of what marks a new season of Kit. As well as this, builders are also pretty busy, and people would easily get bored of maps or wish for one of them to stay permanently.

Leveling: I really want this to be a thing, haha. It gives the people with kitmaster a purpose, and I see no cons to it. It doesn’t make players more stacked, it doesn’t give them an op kit, it just gives them something to play for. Absolute love it.

Rewards: I absolutely agree with this. There should be a reward for the leaderboard players after each season ends, even if it's just a suffix. Deffo a yes.

Soup Price: I feel like I'm biased if I say yes because I soup so much in dub, but it would be nice, and it would balance out the nerf of /soup a little bit. Not sure, neutral on this one.

More Leaderboards: I think a coins leaderboard would be nice, like a /baltop but for KitPvP. Event tokens not so much, but I agree with the coins one.

Nice suggestions! I like a few of these.
(Edit: forgot leveling)

Last edited:

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
Missions: Missions would be really nice, but there's one problem, and that's that it's kind of hard to make creative missions that everyone can do, including the default kits. I'm sure we could think of some though, so I'm gonna say yes to that.
Achievements: Again the same issue as missions, it would be hard to make these creative and interesting. I'm not actually sure that these are something I think KitPvP needs, so I'm neutral on it.
Obviously, that is expected, it is hard to come up with original ideas. I get it, but if we get like community ideas/feedback and Alex actually agree with said ideas it would bring new ways for newer and older players alike to get more coins/kits.

Arena Events: Personally, I'm not a fan of the events in general. I feel like it would be nice if events were optional, because they seem to always interrupt KitPvP for me and I never really want to join them. If we had more interesting events, I might play them, but it would be nicer for them to be optional imo.
Personally I hope it's optional to compete in the Arena Events, yeah I get it, when you're like grinding kills or whatever and a Event interrupts it, it can be frustrating, I get it, I've been there. Mainly with Infection which they removed cause everyone hated it LOL

EventShop: I'm not sure I like the idea of kit keys on the eventshop, but I do believe we should have cheaper options on the store, and also we should be able to get something out of it. Maybe people could get one token per event and we could have a sort of event crate, where you could get money for kit, or other prizes. I like that idea, to be honest.
Well my idea while writing this was mainly you could get Event Tokens from participating in Events, which means active players on KitPvP, and they could buy keys from the Event Shop, get a new kit or exchange that key for whatever is in the Key Exchange shop

But that Crate idea is dope

Key Exchange: The problem with this one is there's kind of nothing people who have maxed out can exchange keys for. However, stealing a glimpse at your leveling suggestion, getting x amount of xp for a kit if you already have it could be an option there.
Yeah that could work, like if you buy a key from the store or possibily the key event shop, you could trade it in for xp if they add leveling to kitpvp.

Update the tutorial: To be honest I had no idea a tutorial existed. A yes on this one, although I don't think it's that urgent, it would be nice.
Yeah it's just for new players, just thinking that should be update to give more/more accurate information on kitpvp.

Soup Price: I feel like I'm biased if I say yes because I soup so much in dub, but it would be nice, and it would balance out the nerf of /soup a little bit. Not sure, neutral on this one.
True true, but looking at a new player's perspective they have like no coins they can't afford soup for a while unless they go Chance and they get that "Soup Refill" ability.

More Leaderboards: I think a coins leaderboard would be nice, like a /baltop but for KitPvP. Event tokens not so much, but I agree with the coins one.
Yeah coins would be dope, also if they end up adding player levels they could add a "Top Levels" leaderboard lmaoo

AntiMinimod

AntiMinimod
AntiMinimod
I likes these ideas! I have joined kitpvp and playing it the past few days and I think it can use these.

Kwuffin

Absolute weeb
Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond
Great suggestions, kitpvp right now is fun, but it’s very plain and it’s just a grind to be on the leaderboard, and at the end of the season it just resets for nothing.

TheCryptic

Fake Helper
TheCryptic
TheCryptic
To add on to your prestige suggestion, adding a small tag (something as simple as Prestige 1-10 in front of the ign) would be a nice incentive to grind out your prestige and will help differentiate new players from more experienced player.

DabOnDatCheese

Not Toxic
MVP
Diamond
DabOnDatCheese
DabOnDatCheese
MVP
If 0 bug fixes / content updates happen on kit the playerbase on it will 100% die

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
FingersAreWet
FingersAreWet
Emerald
hope alex can see this

ProSl3nderMan

Diamond
ProSl3nderMan
ProSl3nderMan
Emerald
New Leaderboards:
I would love to see more leaderboards, which adds on to the More Competitiveness section. More leaderboards would encourage more playing/grinding! Which is what we want! Maybe we could have a Coins Leaderboard, or even Event Tokens Leaderboard. There are a lot of possibilities!
For new leaderboards, we could have shots made (with bow and arrow), hours played, soups souped, and perhaps divide the kills into each kit. The kills for each kit would count the kills for that kit, and then there's a leaderboard for that kit based on how many kills. You can still keep the universal kills leaderboard but having a leaderboard for each kit would be cool to see, or if not for each kit, the most common kits like default, dubstep, strafe, hydra, archer, (sniper?), etc.

Taon2

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
I do like a lot of these, kitpvp has been sort of "my domian" for coding on, when the time comes to rework the gamemode I'll be bringing it up with alex and we'll go from there.

As for random teleporting, maybe you could spend coins to randomly teleport, as well as drop down? Would be neat.

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
FingersAreWet
FingersAreWet
Emerald
I do like a lot of these, kitpvp has been sort of "my domian" for coding on, when the time comes to rework the gamemode I'll be bringing it up with alex and we'll go from there.

As for random teleporting, maybe you could spend coins to randomly teleport, as well as drop down? Would be neat.
Like that, coins to random teleport , people will grind more then

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
If 0 bug fixes / content updates happen on kit the playerbase on it will 100% die
Well this just isn't true lol, we let kitpvp run for like a year without touching it and it had a steady playercount. It's probably the easiest gamemode to keep players on.

Anyway, KitPvP is due a reset this year at some point, but we've got a list of stuff to cover first. Some good ideas here!

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Well this just isn't true lol, we let kitpvp run for like a year without touching it and it had a steady playercount. It's probably the easiest gamemode to keep players on.

Anyway, KitPvP is due a reset this year at some point, but we've got a list of stuff to cover first. Some good ideas here!
#BringBackCaveMap

Bubble1118

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚
Diamond
Gold
Bwbble
Bwbble
Diamond
Out of all of these- I really want the missions because that will give people initiative to play more.
Most of these should definitely be implemented!

YS8

ʜᴇʟᴘᴇʀ?
Staff member
Helper
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Helper
Would really love the award/suffix for being number one, It would give a lot more players a motive to play other than just seeing your name on a leader board, not really sure about a reward for the deaths though, people could just bot that easily.

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
Yeah that can work, but it should only be when the player is in spawn

Last edited:

Kwuffin

Absolute weeb
Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond

Make a bigger, better spawn and make multiple drop places like on Hypixel's pit, that'd be fun