What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"L dance monkey" is no longer allowed, and I'm devastated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

varmkorv
Emerald
Diamond
coolkidkylo
coolkidkylo
Emerald
Today I was informed that the phrase "L dance monkey" is no longer allowed on the Skycade network. I am deeply saddened by this news.

I feel that this change was unreasonable and not fair! I was told by BritBout that I was not allowed to say "L dance monkey".

This means WAR.

This change has put me in a great depression, and I do not feel that it is a good change. I will protest across the Skycade network for as long as it takes for change!

I was told that "L dance monkey" is racist. I do not understand how it is racist, monkeys = racism?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?

This is unacceptable.

Nebula4311

AnimeGarfield
AnimeGarfield
I wholeheartedly agree. This is outrageous.

ElvisDogPro4500

ElvisDogPro4500
ElvisDogPro4500
what??????? why is the words banned?????????? it like saying farty warty doopy poopy pants banned? this is not childhood kindergarten where the words are banned this is the 2020 where people should be acting like adults but instead the people are going more selfish and more childish and going backwards into the baby state. not the caveman state because caveman could bash ur skull in but the baby state because they would be offended by the caveman and call mom

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Emerald
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Emerald
Fun fact, saying llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch In chat will not get you muted for char spam, because it’s a real word. Take that minimods :cool:

Naviwinn

Naviwinn
Naviwinn
Fun fact, saying llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch In chat will not get you muted for char spam, because it’s a real word. Take that minimods :cool:
omg thx

Kyle

varmkorv
Emerald
Diamond
coolkidkylo
coolkidkylo
Emerald
appreciate it hugo

@HugoDoesStuff i know you got ties with the staff team bro, fix this!!!

Coke

Diamond
CokeFromJapan
CokeFromJapan
Diamond
Today I was informed that the phrase "L dance monkey" is no longer allowed on the Skycade network. I am deeply saddened by this news.

I feel that this change was unreasonable and not fair! I was told by BritBout that I was not allowed to say "L dance monkey".

This means WAR.

This change has put me in a great depression, and I do not feel that it is a good change. I will protest across the Skycade network for as long as it takes for change!

I was told that "L dance monkey" is racist. I do not understand how it is racist, monkeys = racism?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?

This is unacceptable.
staff racist :question mark:

SoMadSoBad

SoHappySoGood
SoHappySoGood
  • Personal Experience
  • Dehumanization
  • History
  1. Personal Experience.
The fact that you’re reading this article says maybe you’re not familiar with the word “monkey” (or “ape” or other simian words) being used as an insult or slur against Black people.

You don’t have to look far to find a Black person who can share a personal story about this word being used as a slur or insult against them. The personal experience here… whether that of the insulted or that of the insulter … tells us that this word can be used (and often is) as an intentional racial slur.

You might say, “But wait, that doesn’t mean it’s always intended that way.” Well, maybe not. But it means that it will pretty much always be taken that way.

Please know that, even though you may have just heard of this, it is common in a variety of places. The term “porch monkey,” for instance, has been used to refer to “lazy Black people” who sit on their front porch all day. It is not new, and it is not uncommon.

2. Dehumanization.

Remember our simplified definition of racism we’re using… how a key piece is about showing one group of people to be superior (or inferior) to another.

A common way this is done is by equating the “inferior” ethnic group with animals. “I am human… he is an uncivilized ape.” The “other” is dehumanized. This is not only done along racial lines, of course. You won’t have to think long to come up with an example of a politician calling a group of people “animals.” You won’t have to look for long to find someone referring to women with a slang term equating her with a dog.

With this particular term, there is a long history of pseudo-scientific attempts to (literally) “prove” that Black men and women are lesser… sub-human. Less than human. Inhuman.

You might say, “But wait I affectionately call my children ‘weasels’ or ‘monkeys’ or other animal-themed names.” Okay. But would you still do that if (a) they were mocked at school with the same name? Or (b) there was a racial history associated with that name for your kids?

3. History

Whether it’s for the Trans-Atlantic slave trade, to make it clear that Apartheid is good, or to create a scapegoat for Nazi Germany, our world history is full of the vilification of one ethnic group for the benefit of another.

Wrapped up in this for the United States in particular, is the advent of scientific racism. Make no mistake, theological racism played a big part, too, but for this particular issue the scientific racism is key, because it told us that Black people were subhuman. Almost human. They were not fully evolved, savages, animals.

Certain people set out to prove via science that people of various ethnicities were SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to be inferior to white Europeans.

The advancement of evolution might have complicated things for a while — if all are descended from apes, then how is one race superior? — but answers were quickly found. Black people were “more like” apes and monkeys and thus less evolved. It wasn’t their fault, it was just the way of things. A white man was superior by virtue of his race, a Black woman inferior for the same reason.

This is not dead, by the way. I *still* see people on the Internet talk about the inferiority of certain ethnic groups and then say something like, “Well, it’s not racist, it’s just science! Group X gets lower SAT scores because they’re less cognitive thinkers.” It’s the “because” clause here that leads us into racist conclusions. When we say, “There is a difference here BECAUSE they are *less*.” (P.S. there are lots and lots of reasons for standardized testing differences.)

The point being that there is more than a century of scientific racism pushing the idea that Black people are in some middle space between animal and human.

There you go. Three things to keep in mind:

* The personal experience of Black people with being called monkey.
* The dehumanizing intent of using “monkey” as a slur.
* The history of our society, where the argument that Black people are less than human has been seriously advanced.

---------------

Ragnarok was using it with racist intent towards the black members of Berlin, that's why it's not allowed.

GodPain

SkycadeKitpvp
SkycadeKitpvp
welcome to 2020 where everything is racist

no it’s just another term for “idiot”
monkey was never a slur used against black folks

Kyle

varmkorv
Emerald
Diamond
coolkidkylo
coolkidkylo
Emerald
  • Personal Experience
  • Dehumanization
  • History
  1. Personal Experience.
The fact that you’re reading this article says maybe you’re not familiar with the word “monkey” (or “ape” or other simian words) being used as an insult or slur against Black people.

You don’t have to look far to find a Black person who can share a personal story about this word being used as a slur or insult against them. The personal experience here… whether that of the insulted or that of the insulter … tells us that this word can be used (and often is) as an intentional racial slur.

You might say, “But wait, that doesn’t mean it’s always intended that way.” Well, maybe not. But it means that it will pretty much always be taken that way.

Please know that, even though you may have just heard of this, it is common in a variety of places. The term “porch monkey,” for instance, has been used to refer to “lazy Black people” who sit on their front porch all day. It is not new, and it is not uncommon.

2. Dehumanization.

Remember our simplified definition of racism we’re using… how a key piece is about showing one group of people to be superior (or inferior) to another.

A common way this is done is by equating the “inferior” ethnic group with animals. “I am human… he is an uncivilized ape.” The “other” is dehumanized. This is not only done along racial lines, of course. You won’t have to think long to come up with an example of a politician calling a group of people “animals.” You won’t have to look for long to find someone referring to women with a slang term equating her with a dog.

With this particular term, there is a long history of pseudo-scientific attempts to (literally) “prove” that Black men and women are lesser… sub-human. Less than human. Inhuman.

You might say, “But wait I affectionately call my children ‘weasels’ or ‘monkeys’ or other animal-themed names.” Okay. But would you still do that if (a) they were mocked at school with the same name? Or (b) there was a racial history associated with that name for your kids?

3. History

Whether it’s for the Trans-Atlantic slave trade, to make it clear that Apartheid is good, or to create a scapegoat for Nazi Germany, our world history is full of the vilification of one ethnic group for the benefit of another.

Wrapped up in this for the United States in particular, is the advent of scientific racism. Make no mistake, theological racism played a big part, too, but for this particular issue the scientific racism is key, because it told us that Black people were subhuman. Almost human. They were not fully evolved, savages, animals.

Certain people set out to prove via science that people of various ethnicities were SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to be inferior to white Europeans.

The advancement of evolution might have complicated things for a while — if all are descended from apes, then how is one race superior? — but answers were quickly found. Black people were “more like” apes and monkeys and thus less evolved. It wasn’t their fault, it was just the way of things. A white man was superior by virtue of his race, a Black woman inferior for the same reason.

This is not dead, by the way. I *still* see people on the Internet talk about the inferiority of certain ethnic groups and then say something like, “Well, it’s not racist, it’s just science! Group X gets lower SAT scores because they’re less cognitive thinkers.” It’s the “because” clause here that leads us into racist conclusions. When we say, “There is a difference here BECAUSE they are *less*.” (P.S. there are lots and lots of reasons for standardized testing differences.)

The point being that there is more than a century of scientific racism pushing the idea that Black people are in some middle space between animal and human.

* The history of our society, where the argument that Black people are less than human has been seriously advanced.

---------------

Ragnarok was using it with racist intent towards the black members of Berlin, that's why it's not allowed.
what the fuck

please tell me you didnt write an entire fucking essay on a minecraft forum... i'm sorry bro LOL

but regardless, how IS CALLING SOMEONE **A MONKEY** racist?!?!?!?! what ?!!?

it's just nerds on the internet trying to call racism over anything, literally anything.

here's your logic:

monkey have brown skin
african american people now look like monkey

wHAT? now you're the racist person. (not you specifically, just anyone with that logic)

YourFriendNate

amateur rando
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
RepeatTheBeat
RepeatTheBeat
Emerald
  • Personal Experience
  • Dehumanization
  • History
  1. Personal Experience.

2. Dehumanization.

3. History

---------------

This is the most well thought out response I've ever seen on the forums, can't give enough positive reacts my dude <3

GodPain

SkycadeKitpvp
SkycadeKitpvp
yup just berlin trying to find any way to get their comp punished

ElvisDogPro4500

ElvisDogPro4500
ElvisDogPro4500
what the fuck

please tell me you didnt write an entire fucking essay on a minecraft forum... i'm sorry bro LOL

but regardless, how IS CALLING SOMEONE **A MONKEY** racist?!?!?!?! what ?!!?

it's just nerds on the internet trying to call racism over anything, literally anything.

here's your logic:

monkey have brown skin
african american people now look like monkey

wHAT? now you're the racist person. (not you specifically, just anyone with that logic)
No, he didnt write it. https://www.norvillerogers.com/why-its-racist-calling-black-people-monkeys/ dont know why he didnt just link it but I guess some people wouldnt bother to click the link. or maybe wanted people to think he wrote it but you never know

Kyle

varmkorv
Emerald
Diamond
coolkidkylo
coolkidkylo
Emerald
No, he didnt write it. https://www.norvillerogers.com/why-its-racist-calling-black-people-monkeys/ dont know why he didnt just link it but I guess some people wouldnt bother to click the link. or maybe wanted people to think he wrote it but you never know
shrug okay.

but regardless, this shit isn't racist LOL

if you're making it racist, you've got a racist head. as i said, if you're making a comparison between african americans and monkeys, we are not the racists, you are.

personally, i call people monkeys/apes/gorillas/any form of creature to call them an idiot.

yall who are calling racism are racist man, just saying.

Kaissa

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Diamond
Gold
Iron
vhyn
vhyn
Diamond
shrug okay.

but regardless, this shit isn't racist LOL

if you're making it racist, you've got a racist head. as i said, if you're making a comparison between african americans and monkeys, we are not the racists, you are.

personally, i call people monkeys/apes/gorillas/any form of creature to call them an idiot.

yall who are calling racism are racist man, just saying.
amen brotha, amen. straight up 👏

TheGreenBanner

TheGreenBanner
TheGreenBanner
this was funny then someone took it too serouis. it depeneds on the context

Banthony4

Hopefully ill be someone soon -Me a Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
Your not allowed to say it because Berlin complained because they get special treatment why do you think calling someone a monkey isn’t allowed either what’s next can I not call them parrots?

Kyle

varmkorv
Emerald
Diamond
coolkidkylo
coolkidkylo
Emerald
Your not allowed to say it because Berlin complained because they get special treatment why do you think calling someone a monkey isn’t allowed either what’s next can I not call them parrots?
periods and commas please

DiscoChipmunk

my waifu smells
Emerald
Diamond
Discoo_
Discoo_
Emerald
  • Personal Experience
  • Dehumanization
  • History
  1. Personal Experience.

2. Dehumanization.

3. History

---------------

how long did that take you to write jeez

OllieTheMinion

OllieTheMinion
OllieTheMinion
This thread is a load of squeakers being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.