What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lmao.

davidstrains96

MVP
Diamond
Iron
Davidstrains96
Davidstrains96
MVP
after you guys fix skyblock can u guys look into the perks of mvp I would appreciate it very much it doesn’t need to be on the top of the list I know u guys have a lot more important things to do and I understand that

Ps to all the staff that have seen and responded to this you guys are doing a good job of course there is gonna be bugs I use to run servers and I know it’s very hard to avoid bugs in the beginning and Ik you will iron them all out so keep working hard and we appreciate all ur hard work

Taon2

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
I've glanced through this thread and picked up a few things that I'd like to address.

People mad about broken things/broken gamemode
I agree, next to every launch we have has had issues in some way. Problem is, when you're making a gamemode its next to impossible to find those issues until you launch. We actively do have staff test the features that we create, but they of course could be flawed in a way that we miss. We plan to actively be using the Diamond rank's beta access more prominently, to help "imitate" a launch and better diagnose and fix things before releasing.
As for just broken things dotted around that we haven't addressed in a long time, its because we either have another gamemode in the works, or are busy IRL. A lot of players do forget that staff (and developers!!!) have real lives outside of the work we do here. I myself am going on vacation next week, then immediately moving into my freshman year in college when I come back. That's a lot of stuff to do, and balancing IRL classes with skycade development is tough, but manageable. We of course know what needs to be fixed, we have a backlog of 80+ issues spanning the entire network, but we have to prioritize what gets done first.

Availability of staff/developers
We have a ton of staff spanning several different timezones, allowing for availability at different peak times. Of course, all of these people have real life things to do, and are not always available. If you need something, messaging any of them in discord is almost a sure fire way to get what you need. Otherwise, posting on the forums in the form of a support or bug report thread is always helpful.
As for availability of developers, we do have a new dev on the team who's learning the ropes of how we do things. With developing comes time management and prioritization. Sometimes we have to do one thing over the other, just because its more important. We understand what you want done, and we understand what we need to do. It just comes down to how impact it will be. I (and I'm sure ricky is too) am very passionate about what we do, and care about the quality of our work and how it'll affect people. I understand y'all want a million things done, but it all comes down to patience. We're a small team, quality developers who are willing to dedicate themselves to skycade are tough to find, and we're really trying our best with our current resources.

I really hope this cleans stuff up for people. We acknowledge your input, and are trying to act to help the network as a whole.

PhoenixGre

#FixSkycade
MVP
Diamond
Gold
PhoenixGre
PhoenixGre
MVP
I've glanced through this thread and picked up a few things that I'd like to address.

People mad about broken things/broken gamemode
I agree, next to every launch we have has had issues in some way. Problem is, when you're making a gamemode its next to impossible to find those issues until you launch. We actively do have staff test the features that we create, but they of course could be flawed in a way that we miss. We plan to actively be using the Diamond rank's beta access more prominently, to help "imitate" a launch and better diagnose and fix things before releasing.
As for just broken things dotted around that we haven't addressed in a long time, its because we either have another gamemode in the works, or are busy IRL. A lot of players do forget that staff (and developers!!!) have real lives outside of the work we do here. I myself am going on vacation next week, then immediately moving into my freshman year in college when I come back. That's a lot of stuff to do, and balancing IRL classes with skycade development is tough, but manageable. We of course know what needs to be fixed, we have a backlog of 80+ issues spanning the entire network, but we have to prioritize what gets done first.

Availability of staff/developers
We have a ton of staff spanning several different timezones, allowing for availability at different peak times. Of course, all of these people have real life things to do, and are not always available. If you need something, messaging any of them in discord is almost a sure fire way to get what you need. Otherwise, posting on the forums in the form of a support or bug report thread is always helpful.
As for availability of developers, we do have a new dev on the team who's learning the ropes of how we do things. With developing comes time management and prioritization. Sometimes we have to do one thing over the other, just because its more important. We understand what you want done, and we understand what we need to do. It just comes down to how impact it will be. I (and I'm sure ricky is too) am very passionate about what we do, and care about the quality of our work and how it'll affect people. I understand y'all want a million things done, but it all comes down to patience. We're a small team, quality developers who are willing to dedicate themselves to skycade are tough to find, and we're really trying our best with our current resources.

I really hope this cleans stuff up for people. We acknowledge your input, and are trying to act to help the network as a whole.
I appreciate the reply, you are the first from the other side to acknowledge your mistakes, which kinda proves my point, anyhow, I think you have priority issues, you cannot play skyblock without /pay, you cannot keep us dying because of the /fly issue returning, you absolutely cannot start skyblock from scratch, it was made and perfected with ASB and USB, why waste your time on something that nobody asked for, when you couldve just used something everyone's familiar with and instead used that time to make something new and fresh, I do understand staff/devs have a life, but what is annoying me is that you guys never check your work, you're saying "staff test every feature" but that there's no chance of that being the case, its a lie, there is no possible way for someone to miss /ah not working except in spawn, unless they werent testing skyblock, but a spawn server, /is coop add (name) is possible to miss however which is why I didnt really go apeshit about it, but something like /printer /tpaccept /pay and the /fly bug that we had in the past, should've been tested, as they are essential commands that the gamemode needs, @Taon2 I do understand how difficult it is to make a plugin without bugs, and I'm not telling you to do that first try, what I'm saying is, before hyping us up for the new skyblock, and getting us disappointed, test stuff, and I'm really glad you're gonna use the resources you guys forgot about, Diamond+ Beta testing, that should really fix most major bugs during the launch.
Again thank you for responding to this without being a saltyboi

cough cough love you bcof cough cough

AidenLikesPancakes

Banned lol
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
At least read what I said before deleting it.
here are some things you should do.
-Get new devs, cause the ones you have right now, are worthless they test nothing, check nothing, and do nothing.
-Fix /tpaccept /home /printer /pay /ah /shop open /fly /is coop, change the skyblock plugin in general and the money disappearing, etc.
-Get a better staff team, cause as you might've heard, apparently bcof "checked the server for hours" and "couldnt find anything but minor bugs" and the rest of the staff team only cares about bans, except Sr.Mods all Sr.Mods need to be gods
-MVP should have more things than emerald, to make it worth getting.
-USE THE MONEY YOU GET ON THE SERVER
-Did I say get new devs? well if I did, it needed to be said again

(Secret message for staff): Dont delete this, I know youre not gonna read anything, but this doesnt have swear words for your snowflakes
TL;DR: new devs new devs new staff fix server new devs pay money and most importantly NEW DEVS
you are the hero we need but don't deserve.

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
As I am very late to this thread I still want to give my input.
-Get new devs, cause the ones you have right now, are worthless they test nothing, check nothing, and do nothing.
-Fix /tpaccept /home /printer /pay /ah /shop open /fly /is coop, change the skyblock plugin in general and the money disappearing, etc.
-Get a better staff team, cause as you might've heard, apparently bcof "checked the server for hours" and "couldnt find anything but minor bugs" and the rest of the staff team only cares about bans, except Sr.Mods all Sr.Mods need to be gods

1. Saying that we need new devs is just silly. They are working hard to fix bugs and make players have a good experiance on the server. For skyblock staff were allowed to basically play it before everyone else for around a week to test out as many things as possible (of course all of our progress was removed for reset).
2. These are all things that Ricky and Taon said are on the list to get fixed, as taon said they have 80+ issues to deal with and some have more priority than others. For example that inventory glitch where if you went to spawn/shop you would lose your inventory was fixed before all of these permissions since that has a higher priority.
3. I know for a fact as I have asked many staff to check people's islands for bug abuse, duping, or just any bugs that might be happening there. Joostagram, iCarben, ProffessorSlimez, Sara7645, Duckowap, xDartz, Fishy_MC, TinyViking, Ricky, and Dwayne have all checked peoples islands when I have been online, and I know more have as well.
4. As said in many other forum posts MVP is not a rank that gives perms. You guys can spend money on the store and get the MVP title as a small thank you for the amount of money you have donated. We gave you guys some small perks but we can't give MVP more than the actual ranks because not everyone can go out and spend 500 bucks to get MVP just to get certain perks.
5. That's the point of having a store.
6. Point #1
No disrespect to Pheonix from this post just giving my opinion on this :)

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
As I am very late to this thread I still want to give my input.

1. Saying that we need new devs is just silly. They are working hard to fix bugs and make players have a good experiance on the server. For skyblock staff were allowed to basically play it before everyone else for around a week to test out as many things as possible (of course all of our progress was removed for reset).
2. These are all things that Ricky and Taon said are on the list to get fixed, as taon said they have 80+ issues to deal with and some have more priority than others. For example that inventory glitch where if you went to spawn/shop you would lose your inventory was fixed before all of these permissions since that has a higher priority.
3. I know for a fact as I have asked many staff to check people's islands for bug abuse, duping, or just any bugs that might be happening there. Joostagram, iCarben, ProffessorSlimez, Sara7645, Duckowap, xDartz, Fishy_MC, TinyViking, Ricky, and Dwayne have all checked peoples islands when I have been online, and I know more have as well.
4. As said in many other forum posts MVP is not a rank that gives perms. You guys can spend money on the store and get the MVP title as a small thank you for the amount of money you have donated. We gave you guys some small perks but we can't give MVP more than the actual ranks because not everyone can go out and spend 500 bucks to get MVP just to get certain perks.
5. That's the point of having a store.
6. Point #1
No disrespect to Pheonix from this post just giving my opinion on this :)
I see you’ve also fallen into the trap of “staff can’t speak their opinions if it makes the server look bad.” Let’s see how your opinion would have changed if you were the Hope I know from 3 months ago. A true shame

pixelflow

r/jacksucksatlife manager
Diamond
pixelflow_
pixelflow_
Diamond
that was fun to read.

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
I see you’ve also fallen into the trap of “staff can’t speak their opinions if it makes the server look bad.” Let’s see how your opinion would have changed if you were the Hope I know from 3 months ago. A true shame
I spoke my opinion. Alex didn’t write this for me to say, Space didn’t. Nobody did but me. Maybe instead of saying that I changed you should re-think why you are coming at a friend for being honest. If you want to talk more about this dm me on discord because this doesn’t contribute the the forum post at all.

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
I spoke my opinion. Alex didn’t write this for me to say, Space didn’t. Nobody did but me. Maybe instead of saying that I changed you should re-think why you are coming at a friend for being honest. If you want to talk more about this dm me on discord because this doesn’t contribute the the forum post at all.
Your “honesty” is literally you just hiding behind your rank, like literally every other staff member here. Everyone is scared of getting demoted be real. If there was no threat or scare of demotion many more staff would feel free to speak their opinions. These threads are created for a reason, there’s problems that have very little attention given to. If you want to be friends by all means I’d like that but I’m also speaking my opinion.