What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Major Problems With Skycade (No Fighting!)

ThePostedToast

thepostedtoast
thepostedtoast
I will be putting down a list of controversial topics on skycade which I have become victim of, heard of, or seen on skycade.

1. staff muting swiftly with no explanations (at times I didnt even know why I got muted)

2. Incompetent devs refusing to add anti cheat thus over working the staff team

3. #2 also causes me to specualte why so many staff are getting fired, or resigning. (INCLUDING THE MAN HIMSELF! MRSWALBERT!)

4. No kit PvP reset, or duel fixture.

5. Boring over used gamemodes (seriously? skygrid?)

6. Devs refusal to listen to the player base.

7. HR's controlling the build team, seriously yall removed hugos beautiful lab.

8. Dying playerbase due to corruption in the staff team, seriously I appealed a mute for hackusation after I messaged a staff member 34 times while they just keep pvping. (by the way the staff that punished me denied my appeal...)

9. Lag on various servers all the time.

10. Players ddosing eachother, seriously once a man had 2000 ping because he pissed a guy off.

ThePostedToast

thepostedtoast
thepostedtoast
Post others in comment section you have dealt with.
Please dont make this a fight

ThePostedToast

thepostedtoast
thepostedtoast
I didnt even have to search 3 minutes to find our server in a video like this go to 1:18

Sai

Callar
Callar
I didnt even have to search 3 minutes to find our server in a video like this go to 1:18
LOL I'm rolling at that video so rofl but on a real just quit Skycade bro - be lit

Taon2

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
We have plans being looked into. Should have more public info soon.

3. #2 also causes me to specualte why so many staff are getting fired, or resigning. (INCLUDING THE MAN HIMSELF! MRSWALBERT!)
I don't remember why swalbert left, but staff resign on their own accord. Most commonly its because they get bored with the game and don't have the time to continue working for us. As for us demoting people, its generally for some abuse or offence against our staff guide and rules. Unsure what your argument is here.

We had 2 beta testing sessions for a kitpvp reset last weekend, open to ranks. The reset for it should come shortly some time after skyblock. Duals are on the todo list, but likely not until after skyblock, kitpvp, and factions. This as all been pretty public info for a while now.

I can agree skygrid is a little bland, but we have plans to possibly improve it in the coming months. We just have bigger priorities currently, with the larger server resets.

I'm literally listening to you right now. Also, the entire kitpvp reset google document is over 10 pages long, and 90% of it is from player suggestions gathered from the forums, discord, and well-known players giving direct input. The entire reset is shaped to give the players what they are looking for from kitpvp. Don't assume things you don't know.

The build team needs to be managed by management so they know what to build, and what standards to build it to. Every build team is managed by some management on every network.

8. Dying playerbase due to corruption in the staff team, seriously I appealed a mute for hackusation after I messaged a staff member 34 times while they just keep pvping. (by the way the staff that punished me denied my appeal.
If you have a problem with a staff member, reporting it to any Admin+ will get it noticed and sent directly to iiSpace. 90% of the people complaining about staff never report it, and nothing gets done because of it.

Skyblock, Factions, and KitPvP all have been getting lag fixes for the past few months. Specifically on skyblock and factions, as the spawners and mob stacking was one of the main issues there.

The other main issue causing lag is also being addressed and tested before launching network wide, which will have a considerable amount of improvement.

SMP has not been touched yet for lag, but we have identified main causes of it and will be investigating it likely in the near future (past the end of December).

10. Players ddosing eachother, seriously once a man had 2000 ping because he pissed a guy off.
We have zero control over this. Most we can do is tell the player being DDOSed to change their ip, and then ban the initial DDOSer. Otherwise, its impossible for us to do anything about this.

Banthony4

Hopefully ill be someone soon -Me a Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
I will be putting down a list of controversial topics on skycade which I have become victim of, heard of, or seen on skycade.

1. staff muting swiftly with no explanations (at times I didnt even know why I got muted)

8. Dying playerbase due to corruption in the staff team, seriously I appealed a mute for hackusation after I messaged a staff member 34 times while they just keep pvping. (by the way the staff that punished me denied my appeal...)

Good sir you make excellent points about the devs not listening and the staffs swift mutes I had a friend of mine get muted for arguing with a staff member that world edited out a grief along with the thing that was griefed and they never put it back. Also I think they removed the lag because Hugo is no longer a builder and Swalbert said things he should not have said (ask him if you want to but I wont disclose it because it his his info and his choice to tell people) and he has acknowledged that also about the messaging a staff 34 times they where probably trying to get evidence on another suspicious player but being muted for hackusating is wrong they should have muted you for spam.

Banthony4

Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
I'm literally listening to you right now. Also, the entire kitpvp reset google document is over 10 pages long, and 90% of it is from player suggestions gathered from the forums, discord, and well-known players giving direct input. The entire reset is shaped to give the players what they are looking for from kitpvp. Don't assume things you don't know.
While you guys may listen to stuff like kitpvp smp has many extremely old bugs which I have been told are "On the list" yet there are bugs from when SMP came out that have still not been fixed despite me and others reporting them multiple times. Also dont forget the Prisons mcmmo issue with it going down multiple times a week and devs doing nothing besides fixing it and waiting for it to break again. No offense to you Taon as you do a great job at fixing the server when its having issues but small things when ignored add up.

Edit: Another thing you may be listening to many people for the kitpvp reset making sure its perfect with beta testing but not much was done for the SMP reset it 1. Had no Beta testing leading to many new very bad bugs such as letting you kill people in the overworld and their animals note: this has been fixed but only after months I think this August or September. 2. Did not do close to 90% of suggestions the only two I know of are no tnt in claims anymore (even if it's enabled) and the Ocean theme for 1.13 3. Maybe a few fixes to some bugs like end portals killing people but even then you just did that by attempting to remove end portals and failings and there are still the older bugs laying unfixed still on the bug fix list. 4. When tackling one of the most malicious bugs the one where if you go into an end portal you could die by being teleported past worldborder or into the void you used a very lazy fix and just removed portal frames from the shop now you may go Banthony4 this isn't lazy it completely fixes the problem. No it doesn't you left the plugin in that lets you mine end portal frames and didn't remove end portals from the miningworld which resets monthly and at a record count has had up to 6 strongholds(Probably more).

Last edited:

ThePostedToast

thepostedtoast
thepostedtoast
I can agree with you on numbers, 3 4 5 and 6 but the rest a mostly my opinions. Thank you for replying you did prove me wrong.

Also if you use the word literally it changes the tone of your writing to make you seem angry.
edit: I will also admit i am very biast.

Last edited:

ThePostedToast

thepostedtoast
thepostedtoast
Good sir you make excellent points about the devs not listening and the staffs swift mutes I had a friend of mine get muted for arguing with a staff member that world edited out a grief along with the thing that was griefed and they never put it back. Also I think they removed the lag because Hugo is no longer a builder and Swalbert said things he should not have said (ask him if you want to but I wont disclose it because it his his info and his choice to tell people) and he has acknowledged that also about the messaging a staff 34 times they where probably trying to get evidence on another suspicious player but being muted for hackusating is wrong they should have muted you for spam.
I will be honest, and you could probably tell, I was not very fond of Swalbert, he got on my badside very quick. I will also say I'm happy he got resigned / fired the job did seem to put stress on him. Lots of staff get blamed for things they can't control Mod and under.
The Devs and the SMP incident is inexuable though. Need to hire more devs and mods for different timezones.

ThePostedToast

thepostedtoast
thepostedtoast
Maybe we could do like RGA and make a seperate server dedicated to minigames, kitpvp, things like that, and have skycade be for core gamemodes such as, skyblock, SMP, Prisions, Skygrid, OP skyblock.

Banthony4

Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
I think this is a great idea Toast and while they have been hiring a few more devs no devs seem to be on in large gaps of time for example the September end reset for SMP the end was bugged making the dragon unkillable it took around 3-4 hours for the devs to get on and fix it even though a staff said in the first 15 minutes they where watching. All that needed to be done a server restart.

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
We have plans being looked into. Should have more public info soon.

I don't remember why swalbert left, but staff resign on their own accord. Most commonly its because they get bored with the game and don't have the time to continue working for us. As for us demoting people, its generally for some abuse or offence against our staff guide and rules. Unsure what your argument is here.

We had 2 beta testing sessions for a kitpvp reset last weekend, open to ranks. The reset for it should come shortly some time after skyblock. Duals are on the todo list, but likely not until after skyblock, kitpvp, and factions. This as all been pretty public info for a while now.

I can agree skygrid is a little bland, but we have plans to possibly improve it in the coming months. We just have bigger priorities currently, with the larger server resets.

The build team needs to be managed by management so they know what to build, and what standards to build it to. Every build team is managed by some management on every network.

If you have a problem with a staff member, reporting it to any Admin+ will get it noticed and sent directly to iiSpace. 90% of the people complaining about staff never report it, and nothing gets done because of it.

Skyblock, Factions, and KitPvP all have been getting lag fixes for the past few months. Specifically on skyblock and factions, as the spawners and mob stacking was one of the main issues there.

The other main issue causing lag is also being addressed and tested before launching network wide, which will have a considerable amount of improvement.

SMP has not been touched yet for lag, but we have identified main causes of it and will be investigating it likely in the near future (past the end of December).

We have zero control over this. Most we can do is tell the player being DDOSed to change their ip, and then ban the initial DDOSer. Otherwise, its impossible for us to do anything about this.
Swalbert resigned due to the fact he wanted to pursue management and administration FYI

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
I think this is a great idea Toast and while they have been hiring a few more devs no devs seem to be on in large gaps of time for example the September end reset for SMP the end was bugged making the dragon unkillable it took around 3-4 hours for the devs to get on and fix it even though a staff said in the first 15 minutes they where watching. All that needed to be done a server restart.
The Developers have lives you know.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
I hate these threads on every server, I have one thing to say.

Create your own server, get random people on there and make it without bugs , listen to every single thing a player says and more, I can wish you the best of luck.

PigMatt