What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Major Problems With Skycade (No Fighting!)

Banthony4

Hopefully ill be someone soon -Me a Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
When a staff member is notified of a bug or an issue with a server on the network, they will notify the developers directly on our Slack. Do not assume we do not do anything, we do, but you cannot see, as it is private. The developers work constantly, with small to large problems, and they cannot be fixed in a single day (for instance the MCMMO bug).
Yes, they are able to temporarily fix issues, but that doesn't fix it forever, so it requires time, be it months or hours.
The developers are listening, and they do take notes on suggestions, but keep in mind, they are just humans, not magical quantum computers...
We have a system that tracks current issues with the network, and every day, there are developers who comment on the different issues, updating the progress or asking for confirmation. You must realise that Skycade is a massive project with the need for strong communication back and forth, but what the public sees instead are collated change logs which I guess doesn't satisfy most
I have realized that yes they are not magical computers but also that SMP gets a lot less bug fixes then other server and even though they arnt magical computers bugs that have been around since the start of SMP should be fixed by now. I mean i've given up on reporting bugs because theres so many old ones and new ones and old ones that have been patched are back. Sometimes I ask staff to test formerly patched bugs and they work again and if i'm right theres multiple unpatched dupe glitches. At this point i'm done reporting bugs some bugs i've told staff about directly over a year ago a year for crying out loud! I know that it isn't just collated change logs but I also know something isn't working with the way communication goes.

IceySoaps

OddlyIcey
OddlyIcey
mhm yes yes no fighting thank you pigmatt for your input

IceySoaps

OddlyIcey
OddlyIcey
pigmatt you might be right about skygrid and the lag issue but some of your other things are a little negative

Taon2

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
Every bug report that a staff members replies with "I've notified the devs" goes into our list of bugs on gitlab directly, where its there until its worked on. I've been working to clear them up, fixing everything related to skyblock and kitpvp (kitpvp changes applied in the upcoming revamp, whereas the skyblock changes are coming in the skyblock reset).

Always report things!

TogepiMax

School Spelling Bee Champ!
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
I will be putting down a list of controversial topics on skycade which I have become victim of, heard of, or seen on skycade.

1. staff muting swiftly with no explanations (at times I didnt even know why I got muted)

2. Incompetent devs refusing to add anti cheat thus over working the staff team

3. #2 also causes me to specualte why so many staff are getting fired, or resigning. (INCLUDING THE MAN HIMSELF! MRSWALBERT!)

4. No kit PvP reset, or duel fixture.

5. Boring over used gamemodes (seriously? skygrid?)

6. Devs refusal to listen to the player base.

7. HR's controlling the build team, seriously yall removed hugos beautiful lab.

8. Dying playerbase due to corruption in the staff team, seriously I appealed a mute for hackusation after I messaged a staff member 34 times while they just keep pvping. (by the way the staff that punished me denied my appeal...)

9. Lag on various servers all the time.

10. Players ddosing eachother, seriously once a man had 2000 ping because he pissed a guy off.
*sigh* Not one of these again.

KiwiStrawberry

Delved
Delved
“If you have a problem with a staff member, reporting it to any Admin+ will get it noticed and sent directly to iiSpace. 90% of the people complaining about staff never report it, and nothing gets done because of it.” Yes I agree with this statement. I have gotten a couple of staff members demoted because I had solid proof of their wrong doings. Now let me be clear it’s different if your butt hurt cuz they punished you incorrectly than them actually abusing. Everyone makes mistakes let the human live.

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
ye right if the servers broken restart it there to smart to keep 50 pissed off players waiting for four hours and why would they need permission its there job to fix stuff when its broken sure I can see them needing permission for something big but a server restart really thats small it just puts down the server for like 3 minutes.
It is not as simple as that if you restart suddenly and some playerdata corrupts that would be worse? stop acting like its the end of the world.

Banthony4

Hopefully ill be someone soon -Me a Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
It is not as simple as that if you restart suddenly and some playerdata corrupts that would be worse? stop acting like its the end of the world.
I doubt that would happen since the server manually restarts four times a day.