What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Make use of the "Beta-access" feature for Diamond+ ranks

Kwuffin

Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond
I'm pretty sure that most of you have seen the "beta-access" perk for diamond ranks or above on the Skycade store. But it has only been used once or twice. With the recent Skyblock reset, I see A LOT of people complain about various different things on the gamemode.

I suggest that they make more use of the Beta-access feature and open up gamemodes for 'closed-beta' to search for the bugs/glitches. First, you schedule a day where you open it up for closed beta. You could ask people to try their hardest to bug/glitch anything and report it to the Development team.
After that, you could open up an optional 'open-beta' mode for people bellow Diamond rank to maybe find even more bugs that were maybe not discovered in the closed-beta phase.
You can remove every player's progress they've made throughout the closed- and open-beta and then last but not least when you're confident enough that the gamemode is stable and playable, schedule a launch date. This way, you won't have to delay a launch and you won't have angry players.

Alpha testing would also be nice, but I think unnecessary.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Absolutely a good point - we definitely need to be using this perk more. We'll do so for upcoming releases for sure.

TessieBear76

Imagine being happy all the time, couldn’t be me
Diamond
Gold
Iron
TessieBearr
TessieBearr
Diamond
Kind of like how they opened up the factions test server to try and crash the server, it was fun, but also probably helpful for the devs. Very nice idea