What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MiniMods are destroying the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
Hello there, as you know 5bb aka the guy that reported someone for being underaged and some other people are just breaking the server.How?
Easy they keep telling ppl oh you are wrong and you are not 13+ (5bb you reported yourself because I know you were on the skycade discord before you were 13) and some mire nonsense.
If you have a rank you could say "oh I am just a staff member but with the lowest rank" to a new coner and make them believe you.On the other hand we have a player called pigmat who is a good minimod he doesn't threatn everyone and stiff like that instead he helps ppl who are new!So please stop ruining this server by telling everyone you are this and that when its not even in the rules.

PigMatt

No longer banned 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
On the other hand we have a player called pigmat who is a good minimod he doesn't threatn everyone and stiff like that instead he helps ppl who are new!
I believe this is more what a minimod should be. Yes, i do report people who violate the rules (because i feel its unfair if some people get punished and some don't for the same thing) but somethings should be up to the staff team.

Some minimods have good intentions and some just want staff.

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
There's a difference between being a minimod and someone that tries too hard and is a staff's pet. Not pointing fingers. Being helpful is different from being annoying and trying too hard.

Kaissa

vhyn
vhyn
being helpful is different from being a minimod. most minimods are the annoying people. Helpful people are helpful, and minimods are the people that try to hard. Regardless of what game or forum your on they're seen as hated

Fancy_Dinners_

Wannabe Lawyer
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
Agreeable, mini mods who actually help and staff try hards/staff pets

xChocobear

Map Art Maker, Random, Idiot
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
ILikeDogz
ILikeDogz
Emerald
Question what is new about this most minimods other then pigmatt have always been like this

GothicGamer2012

Diamond
GothicGamer2012
GothicGamer2012
Diamond
I made it onto a MiniMod list and I'd somewhat agree. I would place myself halfway between both "helpful" and "annoying." I was never trying to get staff or impress anyone, I'm just a very black and white person with strict morals in the area of being appropriate where children are involved.
If you don't like the rules, don't play. If you don't want to be punished, don't break the rules. Etc.
People don't need to agree with me and I'm expecting (given the controversial nature of the subject) that people absolutely will disagree with me. That being said I view MiniMods in a different light. MiniMods in particular don't always have bad/selfish intentions but people on the receiving end usually assume they do unless they prove otherwise. The bad ones in my opinion are the ones who hunt down specific players based on grudges or personal dislike of the target and take a magnifying glass to every tiny thing they do scraping up tiny pieces of possible evidence just to report out of spite.

There was an issue of inappropriate jokes on skyblock before I stopped playing it where people would tell inappropriate jokes in chat and get muted, then throw a fit about it. Rather than not telling inappropriate jokes, they instead complained about the rules which I personally view similarly to a contract. "You can play and talk here as long as you follow these rules" for example and you guessed it, MiniMods. Breaching the rules/contract I view as giving up one of the promised freedoms depending on the severity of the offence or the rule broken. I personally believe if you aren't willing to obey the rules of a server regardless of whether you agree with them or not, don't play there. Rather than complaining about how unfair the rules are when you do make a genuine mistake, take steps to not do it again.
I can understand why my near zero tolerance for even petty rule breaks is annoying, I'd agree even on the receiving end but it isn't about me, it's about the environment and the influence of the environment on it's youngest intended occupants. Don't tell adult jokes when 8 year olds are around etc. Let them live out their childhood without having their minds poisoned. Punishment is meant to be annoying/bad. It's a deterrent, you're meant to dislike it and try to avoid it.

On the other hand, I admire people who help out in chat with questions, sharing knowledge of how to do things, how things work, scams to look out for etc. I did that a fair bit on skyblock. I reported a game/economy breaking bug twice (pet dupe bug) after spending hours testing it and recording. Not because I wanted staff or was trying to impress people but because I like being helpful in keeping a game friendly, playable and fun. I don't like people who threaten that for others by abusing bugs like it therefore I take great pleasure in waving the flag around to get it fixed and reporting those who do abuse it.

There is a very good reason why I personally believe maintaining friendly and appropriate chat is important even if the rules get extremely strict, let me explain why.
Before skycade I watched something happen on 2 servers I played on, I won't mention names for obvious reasons but in both, I watched them go from a friendly environment like skycade was when I first joined to people swearing at each other in chat 24/7 then watching kids copy them. 1 of them (server 2) stooped to outright staff corruption and certain staff there began abusing their power daily to censor people they didn't like or agree with. Like banning people they disliked for the same offences people they liked got away with multiple times then threatening the banned player for questioning. The first one (server 1) reversed a lot of it by revamping the punishment system and so far hasn't gotten as bad as it once was again. I've actually gone back there and had fun the last 2 nights. The second one got worse to the point people started just vanishing with bad rumors spreading about them, I ended up on the receiving end, was threatened and impersonated by the server owners and probably banned for daring to question why 80% of players were bots adding to the dwindling player count. People left in droves because of the toxicity and staff corruption then mysteriously the player count went from 12 to 50-60 after a reset, except chat was deathly quiet and only like 4 people were active at a time. Also irl shop prices increased and they got super pay to win (rather than just fly locked behind a paywall, now they had custom enchants behind a paywall).
I'm now seeing almost exactly the same thing happen here in it's middle stage, accusations of staff bias (not commenting on whether or not that's true, I don't know but the accusations are there nonetheless), skyblock chat got really toxic for a while at one point almost 24/7 not sure if it still is as I've been inactive, nobody knows an exact line between appropriate or not because sometimes making a certain joke is fine and sometimes it isn't, abandoned it's fully non-pay2win model and this all happens coincidentally around/after rule enforcement starts slacking and people start leaving because of the way things are being handled. On literally all 3 servers that was the first thing to slack.

Not sticking around a 3rd time which is one of the reasons I haven't been active on skyblock for a while now, I packed up and jumped ship because I don't want to be around for another "2nd server." It won't necessarily get that bad but I'm not taking any risks until skycade aka server 3 copies server 1, revamps rules and stops slacking on punishments.
I've always said to others "If you don't like how things are run, don't play here." This is me taking my own advice. I don't like loose punishment systems because I have watched personally 3 times now what they become and I cared about all of them, just makes me sad watching them decline. If the punishment system begins to fail, I jump ship. It brings everything else down with it.

In conclusion as annoying as MiniMods can be, certain types of MiniMods offer extra eyes to the staff team helping them maintain friendly and appropriate environments for younger members. Without them the balance of staff's punishment power and player experience will likely tip, if staff have too much (results in staff bias/corruption) or too little power (results in too many rules being broken, too many hackers, chat too toxic), player enjoyment suffers more to the domino effect of a failing system.
I believe it's the punishment system that needs to change, the MiniMods good and bad at the end of the day can only get people banned based on the punishment system and the staff accepting reports. Why not tackle the root cause of the problem and not just scrape the very edge of it for it to repeatedly come back? You're never truly getting rid of any type of MiniMod, same as rule breakers, the only way to restrict them is to change what effects them. Stricter and more defined rules means bad MiniMods can't sway staff to punish people for things that normally aren't that bad, their abilities would be written down. If it isn't, elevate it to higher staff and add the new situation to the list and the expected actions of normal staff. This system also protects against staff bias, bias can be reported if a staff member in question isn't following pre-determined punishments for clearly written rules, and the list updates with every unknown instance. Even if a staff member disagrees with xword being mutable, if admins or higher decide it is and add it to a list, that's it. All players must be held to the same rules. xword is mutable to all players from then on regardless of the punishing staff member's opinion. Of course I'm not perfect, therefore I'm unable to suggest a perfect system but it's a start and can always be built on later.

Kwuffin

Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond
Staff can confirm
1568013916762.png

YS8

clowning since 2017
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
Honestly, if your reporting an actual player using hacks and no staff are on go report it by all means it helps out the community. The problem is people who carefully look at chat and ANYTHING that is slightly breaking the rules they will report for no reason other than to boost there chances of staff most likely, in my opinion some of the time minimodding is worse than actually breaking the rules, because you could report an innocent player for the cheapest reason and they could get muted/banned when no malicious intent was there and no other players were being hurt. People have said this before but we need more minimods like pigmatt, that yes, report hackers and clean them of the server but are actually kind and want to help people.

5BeanBurritos

not a taco
Diamond
MrKreasey
MrKreasey
Emerald
Hello there, as you know 5bb aka the guy that reported someone for being underaged and some other people are just breaking the server.How?
Easy they keep telling ppl oh you are wrong and you are not 13+ (5bb you reported yourself because I know you were on the skycade discord before you were 13) and some mire nonsense.
If you have a rank you could say "oh I am just a staff member but with the lowest rank" to a new coner and make them believe you.On the other hand we have a player called pigmat who is a good minimod he doesn't threatn everyone and stiff like that instead he helps ppl who are new!So please stop ruining this server by telling everyone you are this and that when its not even in the rules.
I didn't report myself, actually. Since half of this thread is about me, I'd assume you are trying to continue on from your immatureness in Discord dm's, and also in the forum direct messages.

Replying to this thread, apparently, I think I am a staff member, or a more important person than others due to my rank. I'm helping people because I want to help people; not because I want to be a staff member or a staff's pet.

Who are you relating to, who threatens people and they are a minimod? If someone was a minimod & they threatened people, that would just defeat the point of being a minimod..

About people saying they are a low staff rank when they just have a purchaseable rank, no one I have seen has done this, and it would be pretty stupid to as it is impersonating & they would be banned.

About when I reported someone for being underage, I was in the wrong. When I read over the rules, I read over them wrong; I read that you are supposed to follow the Discord ToS & Conditions, not that you can find them and are not necessary to follow.

Easy they keep telling ppl oh you are wrong
This doesn't make sense at all.

5bb you reported yourself because I know you were on the skycade discord before you were 13
Such a surprise! Been on the discord since I was 11, good job detective

Honestly don't know why you are trying to start up this drama about me. I am a mini-mod, but I'm just trying to help.

Joostagram

pas méchante et à des sentiments
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Builder
Diamond
Joostagram
Joostagram
Senior Moderator
This whole anti minimod thing has to stop, they're players just like you, they just want to be helpful and you can't blame them for that.
Locking this thread and any other threads on that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.