What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Demotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckowap

Gamer
Diamond
UnDemoted
UnDemoted
Diamond
To start this, I would like to say that this is in no way bashing the Skycade staff team, I loved my time there and everyone was super kind and friendly. I just want to explain what happened. I will keep names out of this as to not point the blame on anyone.

So, I would like to think that I was an okay moderator, I was decently active, pretty good with punishments, helpful. I'd had a few warnings before the events leading to my demotion but nothing really that bad. One of my faction mates had made a bot, this bot could do things like check our factions balance, display the in-game chat, stuff like that. But it had a few bannable features, one of which was a raid detector, this would set off alarms in the discord if it sensed a raid. I knew this was a disallowed feature and had told the player that it was multiple times.

Me: Raid detectors aren't allowed.

Them: Don't worry, it only sends to me.

Me: Still

Them: Not the entire faction, no one knows unless you snitch.

This is where my poor judgement comes into play.

Me: lmao I won't but still.

Them: NO ONE WILL KNOW, unless I got ss.

Me: Don't make it obvious.

This player was pressuring me, and they had pressured me before but I cracked and gave this player permission to use a disallowed bot when I knew it was against the rules. Someone then sent evidence to Space where the dealt with it in the form of a demotion. I would've never actually let this player use the bot as that would be very unfair to other factions, but I said that they could, and that is enough evidence to say I was allowing a faction to use illegal mods. I don't want to argue with anyone as that will get me nowhere, I just want to put out this thread to explain to everyone why I got demoted.

Leaaa_

yes
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Iron
vLea
vLea
Emerald
I will miss you mate! >~<

AndyW1377

Emerald Andy
Emerald
Diamond
AndyW1377
AndyW1377
Emerald
You will be missed.

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Ducko! We didn't really talk once you got staff but sad to cya demoted.

GothicGamer2012

Diamond
GothicGamer2012
GothicGamer2012
Diamond
This is the type of post that restores my faith in humanity. Admitting to and apologizing for mistakes rather than placing blame on others or pretending no mistake was made. An ability I see so rarely.
Ordinarily I have an immediate dislike of people (especially staff) breaking rules like this however the complete opposite has happened.

You made a mistake as all of us do sooner or later but you took responsibility for it publicly and apologized. You have my respect.
The world needs more people like you and I feel nothing negative towards you. I wish you well, have a great day/night. :)

TheHackerCatcher

TheHackerCatcher
TheHackerCatcher
you were one of the fairest people in my opinion. I will miss you old friend

Materializing

@materializing is a cutie
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
It’s a good thing you’re accepting responsibility for it but I’m really sad to see you go :( I remember when you first got Helper and were the only helper for like two weeks straight, haha.
Gonna miss you my guy. Hope I’ll still see you around and get to chat.

Banthony4

Hopefully ill be someone soon -Me a Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
To start this, I would like to say that this is in no way bashing the Skycade staff team, I loved my time there and everyone was super kind and friendly. I just want to explain what happened. I will keep names out of this as to not point the blame on anyone.

So, I would like to think that I was an okay moderator, I was decently active, pretty good with punishments, helpful. I'd had a few warnings before the events leading to my demotion but nothing really that bad. One of my faction mates had made a bot, this bot could do things like check our factions balance, display the in-game chat, stuff like that. But it had a few bannable features, one of which was a raid detector, this would set off alarms in the discord if it sensed a raid. I knew this was a disallowed feature and had told the player that it was multiple times.

Me: Raid detectors aren't allowed.

Them: Don't worry, it only sends to me.

Me: Still

This is where my poor judgement comes into play.

Them: NO ONE WILL KNOW, unless I got ss.

This player was pressuring me, and they had pressured me before but I cracked and gave this player permission to use a disallowed bot when I knew it was against the rules. Someone then sent evidence to Space where the dealt with it in the form of a demotion. I would've never actually let this player use the bot as that would be very unfair to other factions, but I said that they could, and that is enough evidence to say I was allowing a faction to use illegal mods. I don't want to argue with anyone as that will get me nowhere, I just want to put out this thread to explain to everyone why I got demoted.
Duck I will miss you as a staff you where a kind and fair member of the staff team and one of my favorites. You where pressured and it happens to everyone. Everyone makes mistakes and I hope if you want to that is that someday you can be a staff again and will have learned from this experience.

Chypre

Chypre_
Chypre_
Oh geez, I'm sorry to hear that happened. I hope you get another shot at staff one day, be it here or somewhere else. You were great as mod and will be missed.

boo

go away
Diamond
offbrand
offbrand
Diamond
get rekt canada boy

ActAFK

SoarHigh
SoarHigh
All the good staff these days are being demoted for no reason we will remember you duck ❤️

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
All the good staff these days are being demoted for no reason we will remember you duck ❤️
well they had a reason but understand what you want to say

Yes

Planet - swooshhh
Diamond
JustMossad
JustMossad
Diamond
You're a good person, I've always enjoyed your presence as staff. I hope to see you around.

MrSwalbert

Ex-Mod
Diamond
MrSwalbert
MrSwalbert
Diamond
I would've never actually let this player use the bot as that would be very unfair to other factions

This is honestly the most ludicrous thing I've heard all week. Even though you knew a feature was disallowed, you decided not "snitch" and told the player to not "make it obvious" and yet you still say you were "pretty good with punishments"?

How you can go on to say, "that is[n't] enough evidence to say I was allowing a faction to use illegal mods," is beyond me, since you literally contradict yourself: "but I cracked and gave this player permission to use a disallowed bot when I knew it was against the rules."

Nevertheless, good luck with your future.

Last edited:

Terpoint_yt

I am MiniMod
Iron
CoHuttCaves_
CoHuttCaves_
Iron
I know the staff team is screwed up, but to demote one of the better/best moderator is complete and utter bullshi*

PigMatt