What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Opinion On The Punishment Reset

NegativeKB

I'm back >:)))
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
I honestly disagree with the whole "unban everyone" thing that Skycade did a few weeks ago, because all the known cheaters and ban evaders can come back and probably cheat again. You could say it was for a "second" chance but the ban evaders decided to evade their bans by using a vpn or whatever they did, so why give them a second chance? Since I only play Kitpvp i haven't seen what the other server's are like in terms of hackers, but on Kitpvp alone there's been a ton of cheaters on since the unban reset, more than usual. And I feel like this would decrease Skycade's player count over time. The legitimate players might get frustrated and quit the server or take a break from it which is bad for Skycade's player base. No, I'm not saying "OH JUST RE-BAN EVERYONE!". That would be stupid. But we would need more active staff to moderate the servers at all times which I know is kind of impossible because of time-zones.

I know making this won't change anything I'm just hoping to start a debate on everyone's opinion on the ban reset and maybe the management team could comment on this stating their thought process and why they unbanned everyone.

If you wish you can comment your opinions below.

SubatomiX

iiLogan
Diamond
Gold
iiLogan
iiLogan
Diamond
negativekb fat

Materializing

Mod.exe
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Yeah, the reset was a bad idea. However they didn’t really have a choice. But still.

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
I'd say that it did catch the majority of people by surprise. In my opinion I don't necessarily agree with it, but they had to do something for a 3 year anniversary. I think it is fair that the majority of people got a "second chance", especially all those that have been banned for a long time (Smoothed, Charlotte, etc etc). Sure, they might have been banned for some pretty bad things, but in the end they have waited out their time. As for the increase in hackers, yes, it is noticeable among the daily number that we get, although I'd guess and say some of those are the rands that have been perm banned a while ago, got unbanned from the unban all, then went straight back to hacking.
And I feel like this would decrease Skycade's player count over time. The legitimate players might get frustrated and quit the server or take a break from it which is bad for Skycade's player base.
I agree with this, although some part of it would come from the new store changes as well. Although I'd disagree with the entirety of the unban all, I understand why it was done in some aspects.

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
I think it is fair that the majority of people got a "second chance", especially all those that have been banned for a long time (Smoothed, Charlotte, etc etc). Sure, they might have been banned for some pretty bad things, but in the end they have waited out their time.
Some of those players banned along time ago ban evaded on alts using a good VPN. I think unbanning someone that hasn't waited out their time shouldn't be allowed on the server in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sombu

Banned innit
Diamond
Iron
zSom
zSom
Diamond
I'm not too happy with the unban all in all honesty. I've definitely seen a few infamous and toxic players come back, as well as some who can't learn their lesson from their ban and go straight back to hacking.
I also feel bad for the staff who now have to deal with all of these players, it must be hard work for them.

benjyboing

An ounce a day, to escape the pain.
Diamond
Iron
benjyboing
benjyboing
Diamond
Couldn’t they of bought out a new game mode or maybe some cool events for a week. Instead of unbanning cheaters and honestly in terms of SMP a lot of players that, we the players hoped we’d never see again. D: I don’t know why they thought this was a good 3 year Anniversary, it doesn’t benefit any of the good long term well behaved players in anyway...

However they didn’t really have a choice. But still.
Why didn’t they have a choice? Why did this unban all have to happen. D:

Sara7645

Always Classy and a little bit sassy 🤪🍭
Staff member
Diamond
Sara7645
Sara7645
I completely agree with you NegativeKB more staff should be on kitpvp as there is a overall lack of them

connor

InhaleWater
InhaleWater
I honestly disagree with the whole "unban everyone" thing that Skycade did a few weeks ago, because all the known cheaters and ban evaders can come back and probably cheat again. You could say it was for a "second" chance but the ban evaders decided to evade their bans by using a vpn or whatever they did, so why give them a second chance? Since I only play Kitpvp i haven't seen what the other server's are like in terms of hackers, but on Kitpvp alone there's been a ton of cheaters on since the unban reset, more than usual. And I feel like this would decrease Skycade's player count over time. The legitimate players might get frustrated and quit the server or take a break from it which is bad for Skycade's player base. No, I'm not saying "OH JUST RE-BAN EVERYONE!". That would be stupid. But we would need more active staff to moderate the servers at all times which I know is kind of impossible because of time-zones.

I know making this won't change anything I'm just hoping to start a debate on everyone's opinion on the ban reset and maybe the management team could comment on this stating their thought process and why they unbanned everyone.

If you wish you can comment your opinions below.
I bet ur fat irl but other than the shitpost that i just replied with yeah i agree with this.

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
I bet ur fat irl but other than the shitpost that i just replied with yeah i agree with this.
Bet ur fatter noob !

ThatSpiceyMeme

Diamond
ThatSpiceyMeme
ThatSpiceyMeme
Diamond
its good content

litprism

SkycadeKitpvp
SkycadeKitpvp
Lol all the players who were perm banned back then were banned for a good reason. Most of them still hack now. These people have not changed a single bit.

Nosuchthingj

Justnaa
Justnaa
I feel like they did a good thing because skycade finally freed KTA.

Exua

bispy
bispy
Completely agree with this, why would they unban all players, as a Kitpvp player who plays often, I have come around a lot of hackers and its just annoying, every time I try to put on some music and chill with me PVPing it just gets ruined

Shan

JustN00
JustN00
RIP @JustNoo 's 9999999999999999999999999999999 bans

FredricksonMC

Nerd
Diamond
Iron
Fredo__
Fredo__
Diamond
I can’t really complain as I massively benefited, got unmuted, but I do agree with you guys. Even in jacks vid he was kinda saying it was a bit stupid. If someone deserves a second chance, just appeal? I think they should have done something better than this, new gamemode, resets, updates.