What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My 'resignation' and what I think of Skycade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_bq

Iron
_bq
_bq
Iron
What Orange said, u were the staff member ( with Dizcos and Baja ) that i respected, rip memories ;( Good luck in future my man.

#KonohaOnTop

KiwiStrawberry

Delved
Delved
Finally, my overall opinion on Skycade.

I'm going to try to be as honest as possible while I talk about this but there is a lot to talk about.
Firstly, Skycade has obviously differed a lot since I began playing. I had been staff since the very beginning of season 1 and it's now season 12. I am one of the few players remaining from season 1, infact, I'd say there aren't over 3 people who have been around for that long. As I'm sure you can imagine, the amount Skycade has changed in the time in insane. Skycade went from barely being able to hit 30 players in season 1 to hitting over 1000 players. Obviously this is a massive achievement for Skycade and the team running Skycade but I can't help but remember the times where we had around 150-250 players. In my opinion, this was the most fun point of Skycade. Getting 150-250 players isn't good for a business standpoint as money needs to be made to keep the server open and of course, with more players comes more money to be made and this is both a good thing and a bad thing.

Back when Skycade had a smaller playerbase, I knew the whole community. I knew all of the main faction's players off by heart. It was fun. When we had raids or had fights, we weren't so focused on the competitive side. We played for fun. We didn't play to win ftop, because ftop wasn't even a thing back then. We played because we wanted to, not because we were determined to keep a high spot on ftop.
There are a bunch of players from back then that would agree with me on this. I remember having fights in the nether against players like KTA, OrangeArrow, BAJAROCK, etc while I was in a faction with a bunch of other OG players that I doubt anybody even remembers now. People like Jibib, Dizcos, Nova, Duck, there's so many people I still remember to this day that I honestly can't name them all. This might be hard for a newer player to understand but I have a lot of nostalgia from Skycade. Nostalgia from playing with these people but for some reason, that fun just isn't there anymore for me. You can't have fights on Skycade like we used to. There's too many players to know the community and a whole lot of others reasons too.

Skycade has to grow to survive, I understand that. But because of that, the fun will never be there like it used to be.

This point will be interesting.
This will be a point that a lot of people will disagree with but I honestly believe that Skycade would of had a lot of potential if it was pay2win. For some reason, players seem to swarm to these pay2win faction servers and skip past servers like Skycade. Sure, Skycade has done well and continues to do decent but look at servers like Vanity. At one point, there was more players on Vanity's pay2win prisons gamemode than there was on the entirety of the Skycade network. I'm not trying to make Skycade look bad in the slightest but I still believe there should be a pay2win aspect of Skycade. I applaud Skycade for what they've done with trying to be EULA compliant and it has worked out but I just don't think it's worked to the potential that pay2win Skycade would have. I know a lot of people will disagree with this but I hope at least some people see where I'm coming from.

Overall, Skycade has gone downhill in my opinion. It was once a server that I loved to log onto every day and play. Now? Now it's just something I continue to cling onto purely for nostalgia reasons. I suppose some would say that's because I have just grown out of Minecraft, and yes, that's true. But I lost interest in Skycade before I lost interest in Minecraft as a whole.

I've got a lot more to say about different things but I feel they could probably have a thread of their own so I'm going to make this the last reply. I hope this thread gets noticed and doesn't just end up to be another one of those threads that gets lost on the forums and dies out within a few days. I want this thread to be read by as many people as possible so please, please spread it around and reply with your opinions on the points I've stated. Thinking all of this up and typing it all out has took a long time and I hope it's worth it.
You probably won't see me ingame, but I'll be on the forums every now and then, and I'm on twitter every day so if you want to keep following what I'm up to, my twitter is @_ItzReece.

Thank you for reading,
Reece.
Everything in here is all so true! I cling to skycade because it’s fun to think bout Seasons 3-5 (5 was trash. Who thought a farming eco would be fun.) It’s cool to see players I’ve known from those times. Also I do agree that skycade should go a little p2w. If players are willing to spend money on pointless cosmetic ranks. Imagine having ranks that actually give you stuff. I don’t have a rank but if ranks were actually worth it I would purchase one in a heartbeat. Even tho I’m permbanned (again) I still want skycade to be great again or maybe Skycade’s time is up? 🤷‍♂️

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Finally, my overall opinion on Skycade.

I'm going to try to be as honest as possible while I talk about this but there is a lot to talk about.
Firstly, Skycade has obviously differed a lot since I began playing. I had been staff since the very beginning of season 1 and it's now season 12. I am one of the few players remaining from season 1, infact, I'd say there aren't over 3 people who have been around for that long. As I'm sure you can imagine, the amount Skycade has changed in the time in insane. Skycade went from barely being able to hit 30 players in season 1 to hitting over 1000 players. Obviously this is a massive achievement for Skycade and the team running Skycade but I can't help but remember the times where we had around 150-250 players. In my opinion, this was the most fun point of Skycade. Getting 150-250 players isn't good for a business standpoint as money needs to be made to keep the server open and of course, with more players comes more money to be made and this is both a good thing and a bad thing.

Back when Skycade had a smaller playerbase, I knew the whole community. I knew all of the main faction's players off by heart. It was fun. When we had raids or had fights, we weren't so focused on the competitive side. We played for fun. We didn't play to win ftop, because ftop wasn't even a thing back then. We played because we wanted to, not because we were determined to keep a high spot on ftop.
There are a bunch of players from back then that would agree with me on this. I remember having fights in the nether against players like KTA, OrangeArrow, BAJAROCK, etc while I was in a faction with a bunch of other OG players that I doubt anybody even remembers now. People like Jibib, Dizcos, Nova, Duck, there's so many people I still remember to this day that I honestly can't name them all. This might be hard for a newer player to understand but I have a lot of nostalgia from Skycade. Nostalgia from playing with these people but for some reason, that fun just isn't there anymore for me. You can't have fights on Skycade like we used to. There's too many players to know the community and a whole lot of others reasons too.

Skycade has to grow to survive, I understand that. But because of that, the fun will never be there like it used to be.

This point will be interesting.
This will be a point that a lot of people will disagree with but I honestly believe that Skycade would of had a lot of potential if it was pay2win. For some reason, players seem to swarm to these pay2win faction servers and skip past servers like Skycade. Sure, Skycade has done well and continues to do decent but look at servers like Vanity. At one point, there was more players on Vanity's pay2win prisons gamemode than there was on the entirety of the Skycade network. I'm not trying to make Skycade look bad in the slightest but I still believe there should be a pay2win aspect of Skycade. I applaud Skycade for what they've done with trying to be EULA compliant and it has worked out but I just don't think it's worked to the potential that pay2win Skycade would have. I know a lot of people will disagree with this but I hope at least some people see where I'm coming from.

Overall, Skycade has gone downhill in my opinion. It was once a server that I loved to log onto every day and play. Now? Now it's just something I continue to cling onto purely for nostalgia reasons. I suppose some would say that's because I have just grown out of Minecraft, and yes, that's true. But I lost interest in Skycade before I lost interest in Minecraft as a whole.

I've got a lot more to say about different things but I feel they could probably have a thread of their own so I'm going to make this the last reply. I hope this thread gets noticed and doesn't just end up to be another one of those threads that gets lost on the forums and dies out within a few days. I want this thread to be read by as many people as possible so please, please spread it around and reply with your opinions on the points I've stated. Thinking all of this up and typing it all out has took a long time and I hope it's worth it.
You probably won't see me ingame, but I'll be on the forums every now and then, and I'm on twitter every day so if you want to keep following what I'm up to, my twitter is @_ItzReece.

Thank you for reading,
Reece.
To be honest you were probably the chillest Staff as we have had some rough patches but we ended up getting over em and moving on and you actually played Factions so you knew what we needed

Its unfortunate Skycade could be so much better if they implemented what the leading Factions or the major people on Factions wanted not what the Staff wanted yes they can claim a "unique" experience but making it enjoyable and what people actually want will increase revenue etc etc

Sad to see you go tho i actually liked you as Staff.

Bcof

Save the Amazon Forest
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Diamond
Been playing since end of S4. Crazy to see how far Skycade has come. Shame to see you go Reece. Good luck in life

FredricksonMC

No
Diamond
Iron
Fredo__
Fredo__
Diamond
Was fun till it lasted, skycade will continue to destroy itself and money hungry Jack will do absolutely nothing about it. Really gets sad.
Jack is the least money hungry member of the management team tbh. I mean look at welsh Alex...

FredricksonMC

No
Diamond
Iron
Fredo__
Fredo__
Diamond
No, i was simply just putting my opinion across. This is what I think. I never said anywhere that Skycade is a bad server and that’s because it isn’t. All I said was Skycade had lost the fun, nostalgic feel to it that it used to have.

And yes, I’m revealing a resignation that happened months ago because at the time, I really couldn’t be bothered to write this thread. I also wanted to set the record straight because lots of people didn’t know the real reasoning for my resignation.
For you, some players enjoy it more than before?

Holly

I used to work here
MVP
Holly
Holly
MVP
You just had to put the twitter in there you greasy boy.

FredricksonMC

No
Diamond
Iron
Fredo__
Fredo__
Diamond
You just had to put the twitter in there you greasy boy.
Whenever holly makes an appearance, you know it’s going to be funny lol

JJ_Kirby

JJ_Kirby
JJ_Kirby
Hey Reece!
I'm sorry to hear this story, at least you proved you can work hard as a staff member, that was clearly popular to the players and one of the staff members with a sense of humour which is always important for a friendly and positive community!

I hope that you take big steps in life and become successful in whatever your true passion is.

Best Regards,

JJ Kirby.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Hi!

Going to lock the thread because of toxins like @72O and @Duck being really dumb.

Won't get into much detail in regards to Reece's resignation/removal because we're still friends and it's a Skycade management matter, but I will say that the primary reason Reece didn't get manager is because it was clear he was no longer interested in Minecraft or Skycade and his effort had decreased substantially, iiSpace was the better choice.

[Currently in a call with Reece and he was told I'm posting this so don't cry @ toxic people]

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.