What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Skycade Gamemode

Should skycade add mini games and try again for a redemption???

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

ephrat

Weeeeeee 🙃 • 13
Diamond
JustNahh
JustNahh
Diamond
Ok, so you know how people leave Skycade to go play bedwars a lot. Bedwars is one of the most popular game modes on Minecraft right now. If Skycade added bedwars and made it their own. Then I feel that many more players would stay on this server and not have to switch to other servers. There are many benefits to this. More people online longer, more people there will be at once. The more people, more people buy stuff from the store. People that are new will join because there is another server called Skycade that has bedwars in a unique way. I feel this would be a good idea and would definitley benefit the server in every way.

T2NAF1SH

I grind skyblock kills
Diamond
T2NA
T2NA
Emerald
Agreed. I originally joined because I thought it was a skywars based server, would be be good if they added either bedwars or skywars, I'd definitely play more

5BeanBurritos

not a taco
Diamond
MrKreasey
MrKreasey
Emerald
Someone suggested this around 3-4 weeks ago. This isn't going to be added. Skycade isn't a mini-games server and it won't be anytime in the future, from what I can see. Currently, they need to focus on the bugs on the current gamemodes.

ephrat

Weeeeeee 🙃 • 13
Diamond
JustNahh
JustNahh
Diamond
Someone suggested this around 3-4 weeks ago. This isn't going to be added. Skycade isn't a mini-games server and it won't be anytime in the future, from what I can see. Currently, they need to focus on the bugs on the current gamemodes.
I disagree, I fell that skycade can change and really add different things.

Crazy Mazy

CrazyMazyYT
CrazyMazyYT
There were mini games on skycade and it completely flopped

5BeanBurritos

not a taco
Diamond
MrKreasey
MrKreasey
Emerald
Skycade tried with minigames a couple years ago. They added Skywars & another mini-game which I can't remember. It didn't go well; games didn't fill & this meant it took ages to start. Skycade won't change, adding minigames would be a mistake.

And, again, as I said, the developers need to fix the current bugs on the network rather than creating new gamemodes, with most likely new bugs. They won't be adding this.

Icy

Senior Meowderator ❄️
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Icy
Icy
Senior Moderator
I think minigames could benefit the server, but if they were to be implemented, there would need to be a big focus on engagement, otherwise it might flop like in the past. Hub servers have a hard time with minigames, but it's not impossible. +1

YS8

clowning since 2017
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
I doubt mini games would suit sky cade that much, and i would expect another flop like last time would take place, anyway skycade needs to fix their currents gamemodes before adding any else

Kwuffin

Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond
1. With a maximum of about 430 players online simultaneously with an estimate of around 60-70 people that are afk, it's not gonna be enough to populate bedwars even if bedwars will make Skycade more popular.

2. Skycade has the tendency to lag a lot at random times and there's a pretty big server lag as well, even I can't get below 19 ping with the hosts servers being pretty close to where I live.

3. Minigames aren't really Skycade's jam, like we've seen in the past.

4. There are so many other things we should be worried about, fixing bugs is a big one, people also complain about lag. And lets not forget about the non-existant anti-cheat. Kitpvp and facs are the gamemodes with the most hackers, but I rarely see any staff members online on kitpvp. I know that because somehow 6 hackers can swarm me in hydra, strafe and dubstep kits... pls fix.

I'm not saying this shouldn't be added, I just think it's not gonna cut it at this moment. I'd love to see minigames on Skycade, but adding a new gamemode is the least that Skycade should be worrying about right now. Remember when the server hit a maximum of 1.6k players online at the same time? Yeah, lets try to get that amount of players on the server without it lagging, before we worry about anything else.

Fancy_Dinners_

Wannabe Lawyer
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
Yea and then have one more fucked and shitty gamemode. They need to fix skyblock and factions first

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
i swear to god the amount of threads suggesting that bedwars be added is innumerable.

please just do some basic forums research before suggesting the same things over and over again.

PigMatt

No longer banned 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Skycade needs to fix the current gamemodes before adding new ones.

AidenLikesPancakes

Banned lol
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
maybe if they fixed skyblock and sorted out the lag on smp then maybe adding bedwars would be a good idea

TheCryptic

Fake Helper
TheCryptic
TheCryptic
If they were to add minigames to Skycade copying already popular minigames like skywars, bedwars, build battle etc isn’t going to work since why would a player choose to play them on here instead of hypixel a server with 200x more players and that is known for minigames. My point is right now the playerbase is way too small to have a constant flow of games and competing with a giant such as hypixel is nearly impossible. Although, if in the future Skycade has more players it could work out if they add a twist on existing gamemodes or create new ones.

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
Even though we tried skywars 2 years ago, that doesn't mean we can't try again. I would be perfectly fine if minigames were added, just not bedwars. There's already enough competition between much bigger servers bedwars variants.

ephrat

Weeeeeee 🙃 • 13
Diamond
JustNahh
JustNahh
Diamond
Even though we tried skywars 2 years ago, that doesn't mean we can't try again. I would be perfectly fine if minigames were added, just not bedwars. There's already enough competition between much bigger servers bedwars variants.
It’s just it’s such a freaking fun gamemode

Argonyte

The Fallen Knight
MVP
Diamond
xVolt_
xVolt_
MVP
Please for the love of God, before I lose my mind, ask yourself again after reading all of teh comments, will Skycade ever have Minigames? My answer is No. This has been stated time and time again and my answer will always be no. Because we did have minigames back in 2016. It failed bad. Skycade was never meant to be built as a Minigames server. It will still not work now.

Last edited:

ephrat

Weeeeeee 🙃 • 13
Diamond
JustNahh
JustNahh
Diamond
Please for the love of God, before I lose my mind, ask yourself again after reading all of teh comments, will Skycade ever have Minigames? My answer is No. This has been stated time and time again and my answer will always be no. Because we did have minigames back in 2016. It failed bad. Skycade was never meant to be built as a Minigames server. It will still not work now.
Ok ok chill. I was just trying, I understand that there aren’t enough players on at once to do mini games and everything just won’t work. I just really thought it was a good idea but i get it. I just wanted to try :)

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
One minigame was tried, skywars, 2 years ago. No reason that we can't try again in the future. Can't live in the past about stuff that failed. :)

Argonyte

The Fallen Knight
MVP
Diamond
xVolt_
xVolt_
MVP
Ok ok chill. I was just trying, I understand that there aren’t enough players on at once to do mini games and everything just won’t work. I just really thought it was a good idea but i get it. I just wanted to try :)
Sorry about being rash on my words. I didnt mean it. I was having a bad time and kinda just saw the post and got triggered. Its good now. :p