What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NSFW discord channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadkins

Randy MVP
MVP
Jadkins
Jadkins
MVP
I believe a NSFW text channel for ranked players would be a decent addition since there are many ranked players that are of age and want to talk about NSFW topics but can't in ranks-channel

K1b0

sub to badboyhalo and ajr
Diamond
grassboyhalo
grassboyhalo
Diamond
can’t you just like,, take it into dms or a different server

AidenLikesPancakes

Bedrock Miner
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
I believe a NSFW text channel for ranked players would be a decent addition since there are many ranked players that are of age and want to talk about NSFW topics but can't in ranks-channel
this is a good idea, but how will people prove that they are old enough to talk in this nsfw channel?

boo

go away
Diamond
offbrand
offbrand
Diamond
this is a good idea, but how will people prove that they are old enough to talk in this nsfw channel?
It would more be based on maturity levels seeing as some of the minimods get their cheerios in a bunch whenever someone mentions something innap.

AidenLikesPancakes

Bedrock Miner
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
It would more be based on maturity levels seeing as some of the minimods get their cheerios in a bunch whenever someone mentions something innap.
true, there could be like an application process or like staff can decide when someone is mature enough, or like a self assign discord bot where you can give yourself a role if you think you are mature enough.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
My english is hii8ggghhh as f I sound like a 12yr old with diabetes (due to my czechy accent) even tho I am 15

Duckowap

Gamer
Staff member
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
No, skycade is a network for children, most of our players are under 18. This would seem very unprofessional on our part. I feel like this would not be a good feature for skycade.

Jadkins

Randy MVP
MVP
Jadkins
Jadkins
MVP
The built in NSFW warning. If someone who is underage decides to hit that enter button then they chose to break the rules, as well as the discord ToS. You must be 13+ to make a discord account

can’t you just like,, take it into dms or a different server
Yes but if you're talking to a group of people, most of which has their DMs locked, you're not going to be able to dm them all. And with that, you have to be friends with the person to add them to a group. Also, isn't there a limit to how many people you can have in a group chat?

MrSwalbert

Ex-Mod
Diamond
MrSwalbert
MrSwalbert
Diamond
The built in NSFW warning. If someone who is underage decides to hit that enter button then they chose to break the rules, as well as the discord ToS. You must be 13+ to make a discord account
People will always ignore these warnings, you and I both know that and there will be no stopping it. This would essentially by Skycade exposing younger aged people to harmful and inappropriate content. They really are not old and mature enough nor do they have the life experience to be vulnerable to this content.

Skycade is a community which is built around a younger age group (likely under 16) and not an older age group (16+ I'd say). It would be incredibly irresponsible to potentially expose these younger people to the content which will be in these channels.

There would be no problem in you creating a private server for NSFW content if you so desired to do so.

TLDR; people ignore these warnings, young people would be exposed to inappropriate and harmful content, would be very irresponsible of Skycade, take NSFW content private servers.

Jadkins

Randy MVP
MVP
Jadkins
Jadkins
MVP
No, skycade is a network for children, most of our players are under 18. This would seem very unprofessional on our part. I feel like this would not be a good feature for skycade.
People will always ignore these warnings, you and I both know that and there will be no stopping it. This would essentially by Skycade exposing younger aged people to harmful and inappropriate content. They really are not old and mature enough nor do they have the life experience to be vulnerable to this content.

Skycade is a community which is built around a younger age group (likely under 16) and not an older age group (16+ I'd say). It would be incredibly irresponsible to potentially expose these younger people to the content which will be in these channels.

There would be no problem in you creating a private server for NSFW content if you so desired to do so.

TLDR; people ignore these warnings, young people would be exposed to inappropriate and harmful content, would be very irresponsible of Skycade, take NSFW content private servers.
I agree, the network is mostly children, that is why I specified ranked players. Yes, parents will buy their kid a rank on a Minecraft server, but with that there are teens and adults who would buy a rank.

Beaverman1

I'm like FitMC, But for SkyCade
Iron
Beaverman1
Beaverman1
Iron
I completely agree with MrSwalbert & Duckowap here. It would just be irresponsible of SkyCade to do that.

Fancy_Dinners_

Wannabe Lawyer
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
Good idea, a place where Older skycade players can hang out and relax without being worried about getting banned. An application process would be a good measure.

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
Good idea, a place where Older skycade players can hang out and relax without being worried about getting banned. An application process would be a good measure.
Eh why not? Maybe a skycade player can make there own discord if staff say no. Make your own application and stuff.

Deorc

Deorc
Deorc
As much as I would want to be toxic to my fellow skycadian's I also don't want the people below 18 to be crying about certain messages.

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
As much as I would want to be toxic to my fellow skycadian's I also don't want the people below 18 to be crying about certain messages.
There is no rules there boi. Ya wont get banned.

Deorc

Deorc
Deorc
There is no rules there boi. Ya wont get banned.
nsfw = not safe for work, not no rules zone. Anyways chaos in a child's game is worse than hell and skycade doesn't need it

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Bruh it’s a Minecraft server discord the hell do you need a nsfw channel for here, that’s kinda worrying

Leaaa_

𝓹𝓪𝓲𝓷 = 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Iron
vLea
vLea
Emerald
Bruh it’s a Minecraft server discord the hell do you need a nsfw channel for here, that’s kinda worrying
i agree it's just a minecraft discord server after all

Exua

bispy
bispy
I agree with @Duckowap and @MrSwalbert, it would be very irresponsible on Skycades part to add a NSFW channel, as children do not care about what it says, since when you go on it, it says “you must be 18+“, most kids will just click “yes” due to their curiosity.

-Exua

GamingMTY

All the best birthdays are in September <o/
Iron
MattyDidAnOOF
MattyDidAnOOF
Iron
This, is something that needs to not even be mentioned. Some children, and do think the fact that a large amount of people who play skycade are 10-14. Now a majority of children (and i'm not saying I aren't either) are iresponsible enough to click the yes button. Skycade is a family-friendly, pg minecraft server, in relation to Jack and the majority of his content. When his content is not as pg, he still dosen't tolerate it and will keep it non-pg under very strict circumstances. -1

Status
Not open for further replies.