Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenBanner

master of running
Iron
ItsGren
ItsGren
Iron
Hi! I was reading this thread, and was thinking, has skycade gotten any better from the autumn of last year (September to November) Personally, I think yes. In regards to state of the server, it has gotten MUCH better imo. Now, my reasons for this are;
Good gamemodes: I think the gamemodes are ok enough. From interviewing people in SW, factions season 20 has seen to gone well. Also KitPVP is ok. But reset sb :mad:

Good enough staff: I guess this one is more subjective, but I've had a good experience with the staff so far. And we have good helpers like ash, creepz and merci.

Managment listening to us mostly: Tickets were suggested for the discord and have been implemented. More suggestion threads for gamemodes, made by managers, so more people can suggest things. There might be some hiccups (smp) but overall it's good. I liked hypews openness in the update about kitpvp. I think more stuff like this could come back. Maybe adding onto the the dev blogs, blogs, which could let gamemode managers speak their mind about resets and updates

Community involvmenet: Ever since KitMap, there has been a load more events. There was the sumo, which was hot (hovis best) and then there was the karoke which was amazing. Same with movie nights. Also their has been those dev blogs. And I can't forget build comps! They are v fun to be in, and I would reccomend joining. Also it lets people show their creative side. 10/10

It's not all daises and leprechauns however.

The playercount has gone down over the past week. Theres been no major events, but maybe thats because of the competitive faction season ending. Also, I feel staff are being accepted without much thought. Through no fault of their own, new helpers, who are being accepted, then their j day gets extended, and then they get demoted. As I said, its through no fault of their own, but they have their hopes being putting up, only to be demoted or resigning a few weeks later. Also, MVP needs more perks, as stated by AJLovesgaming19, here
Regarding ranks, I understand money is something which keeps the server going and I as well as many other players are happy to donate but when I became MVP, I realized how common the rank was. Before, I thought MVP was this really cool rare rank which only one person gets each month but when I found out its the top 5 people, it kind of bummed me. There should be a really rare rank, say if someone spent over a certain amount of money on the server because I am aware that a few people have spent over like £1000 on this server, they really deserve something special. It's hard to casually spend 1K on a minecraft server.
Recently, nitro boosters got more perks (which they ned imo) but MVP, especially for discord, doesn't have much. Even being able to choose a name color would be nice ig.

However, this isn't all about me, myself and I. The main reason I created this thread is to gauge your opinion on the server. So, vote in the poll, and reply to this thread. However, don't just say dead lol. I would rather you say what is wrong, and how you would improve it, (like i did with skycade weekly interview coming tommorrow)

Anyway, ima go back to being afk on my bouncy duck on kitpvp. Bye!

Icecubebrother

Icecubebrother
Icecubebrother
server was ok until erhip became manager he drove it down the toilet

Magickloon

idk
Diamond
Iron
BestFioraWorld
BestFioraWorld
Diamond
server was dying wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before erhip became manager, when the entire management team dipped the entire server was officially doomed

turtleman31

MVP
Diamond
Gold
Iron
turtleman31
turtleman31
MVP
server was dying wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before erhip became manager, when the entire management team dipped the entire server was officially doomed
and when jack left we had no new playerbase coming ine

aidanhh

godly pvper best ww
Diamond
iggaAidan
iggaAidan
Diamond
Nah erhipwas good besides like the 3 nonces 😂 but still the server sucks half the staff are inactive and the manager is giving staff to kids who know nothing about the game and they get mod because they're friends like 3/5 gamemodes are in the grave only active ones being smp and skyblock which is half alts nothing being done about the lag idk its just not a good place rn at all lol

Icecubebrother

Icecubebrother
Icecubebrother
atleast in the regards of kitpvp i know that kitpvp was more active way before i joined the server (april 2020) but it lost popularity once the reset happend.

Seemlessly

Demote the cof
Diamond
Iron
Seemlessly
Seemlessly
Diamond
Server is on its way out unless they make major improvements

Icecubebrother

Icecubebrother
Icecubebrother
Nah erhipwas good besides like the 3 nonces 😂 but still the server sucks half the staff are inactive and the manager is giving staff to kids who know nothing about the game and they get mod because they're friends like 3/5 gamemodes are in the grave only active ones being smp and skyblock which is half alts nothing being done about the lag idk its just not a good place rn at all lol
I do agree with kids get staff but also some adults that get hired act like kids

Tiaoxea

Tiaoxea
Tiaoxea
I dont absolutely hate it like the first option but also am not playing on it anymore as it just went to shit slowly, so im in the middle of the two.

For me the reason i left was things like it just becoming boring and repetitive with no real incentive to continue playing (like berlin / horsemen retiring for good, were not coming back which means illusion may finally win a season) which means i dont have a good faction to play with, also the whole thing with the managers which seem to be rotated almost monthly who are hiring only smp players or literal children that have no idea how to staff apart from muting people for the smallest things, or banning blatant hackers. People dont seem to want to apply to help the server anymore, instead just because its cool to have a staff rank and be able to abuse and act like a child. Overall they just made bad decisions and made it boring to play causing me to move onto other games. I may add more comments tomorrow but i dont want to make another one of my really long replies which i seem to always do.

Last edited:

da_poo7

M54L
M54L
I don’t completely hate it but skycade has its challenges. The gamemodes are dry, the community still toxic and staff getting away with so much. With a new manager I would hope things would have changed for the better. There have been slight changes but erhip ruined the staff team. IArepanda is inactive, zonc been reported so many times I’d need a 5th hand to count them on there and the devs making little to no changes on the server. I can only name 3 staff I would count very good. @Buryings @Incryptec and @HotDawger. All the others don’t care. Now onto the gamemodes. The past 2/3 seasons of fac have been terrible. So many people have disliked them. Smp has had little to no changes the only difference is you have no stuff. Creative is boring like who plays skycade for creative. And kit is very unfair for the good players. The kits are far to over powered. Sky block is just boring and basic nothing special but I know that for some reason many people still like it. When the new factions season comes up yea the player count will go up but not by enough skycades player count is slowly declining and it needs fixed. And I have never looked into rank perks and never plan on it but I don’t think the ranks are worth the money and need a lot more benefits. This is just my opinion not everyone will agree.

ItxNova

better than negative
Diamond
FemboyExecutive
FemboyExecutive
Diamond
factions season 20 going well? don't remember that happening my guy

Icecubebrother

Icecubebrother
Icecubebrother
I don’t completely hate it but skycade has its challenges. The gamemodes are dry, the community still toxic and staff getting away with so much. With a new manager I would hope things would have changed for the better. There have been slight changes but erhip ruined the staff team. IArepanda is inactive, zonc been reported so many times I’d need a 5th hand to count them on there and the devs making little to no changes on the server. I can only name 3 staff I would count very good. @Buryings @Incryptec and @HotDawger. All the others don’t care. Now onto the gamemodes. The past 2/3 seasons of fac have been terrible. So many people have disliked them. Smp has had little to no changes the only difference is you have no stuff. Creative is boring like who plays skycade for creative. And kit is very unfair for the good players. The kits are far to over powered. Sky block is just boring and basic nothing special but I know that for some reason many people still like it. When the new factions season comes up yea the player count will go up but not by enough skycades player count is slowly declining and it needs fixed. And I have never looked into rank perks and never plan on it but I don’t think the ranks are worth the money and need a lot more benefits. This is just my opinion not everyone will agree.
The community is very nice apart from the petas

Blockyfied

Blockyfied
Blockyfied
The community is too toxic, drives new players away. I also think they should give more attention to Skyblock, there’s too much bugs atm that haven’t been fixed..

Mineralz

youtube.com/c/mineralz1
Diamond
Mnrlz
Mnrlz
Diamond
The community is too toxic, drives new players away. I also think they should give more attention to Skyblock, there’s too much bugs atm that haven’t been fixed..
Nobody cares about this season just wait for the next sheeeeeesh
Trust me it’ll be worth the wait
I think

aidanhh

godly pvper best ww
Diamond
iggaAidan
iggaAidan
Diamond
Skyblock gay lol

Seemlessly

Demote the cof
Diamond
Iron
Seemlessly
Seemlessly
Diamond
From interviewing people in SW, factions season 20 has seen to gone well. Also KitPVP is ok. But reset sb :mad:
s20 was shit honestly was a terrible season. Theres no comp, its so laggy and I found so many bugs that whole map. Also bcof is a joke, he knows nothing about factions and any suggestions he throws out the window. There were so many simple things he fucked up and refused to changed. Overall unless Simple comes back servers doomed. (Simple has been talking w noskill ab coming back).

TheGreenBanner

master of running
Iron
ItsGren
ItsGren
Iron
As Magickloon said, the server was dying before
It's true, some of the new staff aren't 'the best at the game.'
I dont absolutely hate it like the first option but also am not playing on it anymore as it just went to shit slowly, so im in the middle of the two.

For me the reason i left was things like it just becoming boring and repetitive with no real incentive to continue playing (like berlin / horsemen retiring for good, were not coming back which means illusion may finally win a season) which means i dont have a good faction to play with, also the whole thing with the managers which seem to be rotated almost monthly who are hiring only smp players or literal children that have no idea how to staff apart from muting people for the smallest things, or banning blatant hackers. People dont seem to want to apply to help the server anymore, instead just because its cool to have a staff rank and be able to abuse and act like a child. Overall they just made bad decisions and made it boring to play causing me to move onto other games. I may add more comments tomorrow but i dont want to make another one of my really long replies which i seem to always do.
I'm not very into factions, but I can tell some factions leave. I remember Berlin was the biggest and the best in S16 and S17. After that, gone. I don't know about horseman that much, so I won't speak about that. Onto staff, Yes and no. Creepz (in my opinion) is quite a good staff, but I might be bias, as their my friend, same with Merci. Ash, as well is good, but yet again their might be biased. However, I agree the staff haven't been the best. Imo, it's not the helpers that aren't the problem, its the inactive mods and SrMods. What role is so important that Laike, claratise or Hydra, who haven't seem to be active for months. There not gamemode managers. Especially, Hydra and claratise, who are MODS, so their whole job is to pretty much ban and mute, which they've done none of for a few months. Laike was Prisons Manager, so maybe they have a role. Feel free to leave more replies.
Da_poo. I don't really recall you playing factions, but ok. Sorry about me saying factions season 20 was ok. I've only played one season really. What's intresting is TrySimple saying in 'Where do you see Skycade in a year'
[/QUOTE]
If you want to solve any problems now, the server needs a complete revamp, that was the idea Negative and I thought for s20, we were going to make it entirely new skycade factions, something that holds the core values of s1-s8 and throwing out the junk added due to skycade trying too hard.

Right now, the server is trying way too hard in every aspect, why do we need a new hub, why do we need customly coded plugins that will break. Why try so hard for people not to like the things because they were nothing what anyone wanted? Everything was just too big in the terms of project ideas and we get down to this, nothing is ever completed.

The only custom-coded items I think players have ever liked was what Negative has done for factions and SMP, like literally, this man redid core features and made sure the reps liked them and that they were working for the correct function, even if it looks bad at first, he makes sure it works before making it look like an fancy system. Nothing needs to be overdone, if a 1.7 server with outdated plugins is able to work better than a "up-to-date"(plugin-wise) server that runs 1.8-1.16
It seems @Bcof has completly reversed that. As TS said, they're going way over the top. Skycade was at it's best between S1-8, so maybe go back there? Even the old spawns could bring back old players. Just make it simpler. Also with Factions, make the rules better. There shouldn't be new rules every season. Maybe once every 6 months? Honestly, just make the faction rules clearer, as it's a jumbled mess and could put off new players. Now onto SMP. SMP-Reps in the new general. Istg. But, SMP doesn't need new changes, it needs a reset. Honestly, it's gotten boring because eco. It's like having your favourite food just out of reach, and you need to wait a day to get it. It's like that, but with SMP being the ice cream, and the day being 1.17. Also it didn't help how 1.17 is being split into 2 halfs. Honestly, the new staff aren't terrible. Whilst I agree increpytec, HD and bury put a lot into the server, I could argue that, the new helpers, Cookielover3 (who is by far the most active SMP staff, in game and in discord servers) Zim is v cool, always kind and interacting with the community. Spag is cool, with the spag sticks on SMP, and MarvelDC and hypews, who say give updates about their respective gamemodes very often. Creative isn't meant to be active. It's so people can test builds really. It's been all but confirmed that SB is resetting v soon, same with KitPVP. With ranks, you haven't got a rank, so can't really comment on it. I think iron rank is ok. Also, what perks would you give ranks without being p2w.
s20 was shit honestly was a terrible season. Theres no comp, its so laggy and I found so many bugs that whole map. Also bcof is a joke, he knows nothing about factions and any suggestions he throws out the window. There were so many simple things he fucked up and refused to changed. Overall unless Simple comes back servers doomed. (Simple has been talking w noskill ab coming back).
As I said, I played factions season 20 actively for about 4 days, before going back to SMP. Personally, I didn't find many bugs, but obviously, the more you play, the more bugs you'll find. TS was good, so I would like him to come back. His whole demotion was a total shit show. Ima go back to spag quickly. I think spag is a good manager. Theres been no major slip ups so far, and they've lasted more than a month, so thats a +. Also with toxcitey, da poo said how mutes should be harsher, which I don't agree with. I play KitPVP a quite a lot, and there isn't much toxictey imo. Making mutes harsher wouldn't be good. Most mutes are spam, or caps or hackusating, or innap language. Making these harsher would probably get me perm muted, and quite a lot of other people.

Nice to see this thread being active. Thank you all for replying with actual comments instead of ''dead lol.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.