What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Photo Competion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
So hello, I have a suggestion its a Photo Competion. How does it work? Simply take a photo of anything Eg.Valley And etc.. and then post it in a thread made by the Admin or manager Because I dont want to spend money on stuff.
Rules:
1.No photoshop
2.No innap photos

3.No copying
4.MUST tell the place where the photo was taken.
5.If you can at which time was the photo taken to avoid the breaking of rule no.3.

The rewards:

First Place. Rank upgrade
Second place. 2 Mystery crate keys
Third place. Random suffix

BTW it is not supposed to be in this thread its meant for Admin+ to decide due to the ranks.

If you agree press the Green tick if you disagree press the red cross.

Last edited:

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
a) the rewards are far to high
b) do you mean irl?!? That'd be soooo easy to steal photos
c) if you do mean irl that's got nothing to do with Skycade?

AidenLikesPancakes

Bedrock Miner
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
this is confusing and i don't know what the hell you are on about.

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
This probably isn’t happening, but maybe a community member like yourself could host something. The prizes are way to high tho, I think it should be..:

1st - Rank Upgrade
2nd - Name Tag + Suffix
3rd - Suffix

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
Hey, changed the prizes and rules.

PhoenixGre

#FixSkycade
MVP
Diamond
Gold
PhoenixGre
PhoenixGre
MVP
This probably isn’t happening, but maybe a community member like yourself could host something. The prizes are way to high tho, I think it should be..:

1st - Rank Upgrade
2nd - Name Tag + Suffix
3rd - Suffix
What would an mvp get if they're first place? helper maybe? ;)

ItzNoah

yeehaw
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
ItzNoah
ItzNoah
Would be too easy to steal pictures, and if you have to provide a place and time, people would have to dox themselves.

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
I think it would be really cool for photo competitions took in SkyCade, for example there could be a theme for PvP one time so you get some 👌 pictures of PvP with nice shaders and stuff. The same could also be done with videos, like video competitions.
If EddieStowbard/ 5QY was here he coukd show us his food pics lol.

StampyJoeBen

m e l o n s
Diamond
Iron
ItsStampy
ItsStampy
Diamond
Like the idea, but if this is irl we're talking about then it would be easy to just copy a picture from google images.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
Like the idea, but if this is irl we're talking about then it would be easy to just copy a picture from google images.
if they do so it would be counted as plagiarism.
Defenition: Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work. Plagiarism is considered academic dishonesty and a breach of journalistic ethics. (From wikipedia)

For pictures it is this: Using an image, video or piece of music in a work you have produced without receiving proper permission or providing appropriate citation is plagiarism. ... Despite their popularity, they still count as plagiarism. Copying media (especially images) from other websites to paste them into your own papers or websites. (plagiarism.org)

Punishment: 100$ to 50,000$ fine and up to 1 year in jail. (itenticate.com)

Last edited:

PhoenixGre

#FixSkycade
MVP
Diamond
Gold
PhoenixGre
PhoenixGre
MVP
Defenition: Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work. Plagiarism is considered academic dishonesty and a breach of journalistic ethics. (From wikipedia)

For pictures it is this: Using an image, video or piece of music in a work you have produced without receiving proper permission or providing appropriate citation is plagiarism. ... Despite their popularity, they still count as plagiarism. Copying media (especially images) from other websites to paste them into your own papers or websites. (plagiarism.org)

ikr, one time i copied something from wikipedia and they found out, thats when I met my best friend, we call him "PowerHip" he has really powerful hips, it hurt
EDIT: We really gonna gloss over the fact this is called "Photo competion" ?

5BeanBurritos

not a taco
Diamond
MrKreasey
MrKreasey
Diamond

There wouldn't be a punishment for using random pictures from the internet for this competition because you aren't using it for a business, etc. I don't know why you brought that up.

TheGodOfGods

Spec12
Spec12

youre not going to end up with a fine and a year in jail because you did a skycade competition wrong.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
I am gonna just leave this thread and make sure it gets locked

Status
Not open for further replies.