What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

please read before commenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
I would hope that the removal of Alex would cause a lot of changes that were prevented due to him, but it all seems like the same. Nothing much has changed and for the most part, if there are changes it's just been towards the discord and that's cool and all. All we know the manager role will not be replaced now that Alex is gone, and the roles have been given spread out through the administrators, what I'm suggesting is that the admins actually do those roles such as reading suggestions and explaining what their opinion is. I was hoping this would've happened as it was one of the roles of "Community Manager" and this being if the role will not be replaced with another community manager and spread to the admins then they should be doing their new roles. I understand that in part that of the role being only recently changed to the admins, but if this was practiced more often rather then not at all then it would work.

if you disagree with this thread or dislike it, explain why otherwise your opinion doesn't matter and you don't contribute anything to the thread other than you're saying you don't understand it as you never did explain why you don't like it.

DictatorJeff

DictatorJeff
DictatorJeff
What are your problems with the server and what changes do you want to see? These posts seem to create the illusion of problems when there aren't many to be found. People will see these posts and start thinking there is a deep problem with the server but they don't even know what it is. If you would clarify what your problems are and how you suggest a change that might help.

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
What are your problems with the server and what changes do you want to see? These posts seem to create the illusion of problems when there aren't many to be found. People will see these posts and start thinking there is a deep problem with the server but they don't even know what it is. If you would clarify what your problems are and how you suggest a change that might help.
I suggested they do their new job which is giving opinions on suggestions on the forums? I never mentioned a problem I said there’s a lack of something

DictatorJeff

DictatorJeff
DictatorJeff
I suggested they do their new job which is giving opinions on suggestions on the forums? I never mentioned a problem I said there’s a lack of something
I see a great deal of activity from staff on the forums. If not the admins, then mods will respond. These "problems" are not ignored but you have to think of how feasible it is to implement every suggestion. There are changes to the server all the time but it is impossible to listen to everyone. It is true that there are some changes that would be beneficial but to expect more productivity than what we have is to overestimate the abilities of humans.

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
I see a great deal of activity from staff on the forums. If not the admins, then mods will respond. These "problems" are not ignored but you have to think of how feasible it is to implement every suggestion. There are changes to the server all the time but it is impossible to listen to everyone. It is true that there are some changes that would be beneficial but to expect more productivity than what we have is to overestimate the abilities of humans.
All I’m saying is a response from an admin based on their opinions would be a great deal of change that is within the abilities of a human, they were given split roles of the community manager and mods are not responsible for this role as their comments as just that comments, I don’t think the mods are linking every suggestion to the slack.

Kwuffin

If you do anything, you might as well do it good.
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
I think many of us would love an actual staff member to be clear about that they viewed a suggestion and state their opinion about it. But Alex only resigned a couple weeks ago (maybe a month ago? My long term-memory is bad), so ofcourse there are no noticeable changes. Making drastic changes right after the resignation of Alex, would not be a very smart thing to do.

I'd say just make bulletpoints of what the server was lacking while Alex was around and gradually improve on those points.
Something that I do want to see more of on Skycade is definitely:
  • More transparency from staff, maybe a monthly "What are we working on right now" announcement/thread would be fun or what I said earlier, dedicate a staff member to occasionally look at player suggestions and make it clear that they looked at it. This would make players appreciate the work of staff members a bit more since we know what they're working on instead of sitting on their ass all day. Ofcourse, you don't have to say everything you're working on right now. Just anything that gives players a bit more insight on what's happening behind the scenes.

Fancy_Dinners_

I'm the Boss 😎
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
You're like 9 stfu

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
I've been working very hard to bring change to the server, alongside space and all the other admins. Here's a list of things that we've recently done.

• The entire rules revamp
    • This was necessary and probably the #1 thing requested by everyone network wide. The entire thing was done within a week. That was a lot of work and its unfortunate you notice it.
  • Constant communication with players
    • I personally make it a goal of mine to be in contact with people who show good ideas or have valuable input on how the gamemode should run. I've listened to more input primarily about factions (as thats the gamemode that needed most attention at the time) than I ever have before.
    • We've said to staff that we encourage communication to keep suggestions flowing.
  • Behind-the-scenes stuff
    • Staff meetings have been held with the srmods+ about next steps and gamemodes coming up. Obviously not everything yet is public knowledge, but we are obviously still working on things! I'm actively reading suggestions on the daily for ideas, I have ideas and "plans" for nearly every gamemode right now.
    • I've expressed to the srmod+ group that we encourage as much activity as possible, including things like reading suggestions and talking to players. The best input comes directly from the source, which is the community.
    • We have big plans coming up for pretty much every aspect of Skycade. Stay tuned.
  • Communication like this
    • I make it a goal to be as clear as possible in posts like these. They seem to make people happy and have a sense of whats going on then.

Bit unfortunate that you haven't noticed too much going on, but I assure you its been more than ever. Keep in mind that people are affected by the current virus, with 2 of our lead developers busy with IRL things over Skycade. Things are always moving forward, just a bit slower right now, which is perfectly alright.

Parroting_Is_God

10000000000000cc
10000000000000cc
Shitty nonsense post slamming the the higher ups for not doing anything when you don’t know what’s going on in the background. think before you say :eek:

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Shitty nonsense post slamming the the higher ups for not doing anything when you don’t know what’s going on in the background. think before you say :eek:
Are you ok? Maybe you should settle down a bit there kid, taon said there was a lot that the public hasn’t been made aware of so before you start shitting on me for not knowing administrator only info, you should consider that you have no clue about how to talk to people or even make a decent post. Stop being such a meme of a person and shut up for once. You contribute nothing to this thread only reinstating what has been said in your own misconstrued way.

All you’ve ever said has contradicted yourself bud.

Last edited:

keesie7

Diamond
keesie7
keesie7
Diamond
every single bug i reported to taon so far has been fixed... every single comment i made to him has been adressed, considered, and looked at.... he personally got in game to look at several features fixing them right on the spot..... he asked for opinions on certain rules and improvements and immediately changed out of date / missing info and even put updates on discord....

bruh the last time i saw welsh alex respond to anything anyone asked for, or even care about anything a player reported, the community got told they were the worst and ungratefull community he had ever seen and he literally ignored the community so hard the server almost got killed off.

thats quite the difference i would say

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
every single bug i reported to taon so far has been fixed... every single comment i made to him has been adressed, considered, and looked at.... he personally got in game to look at several features fixing them right on the spot..... he asked for opinions on certain rules and improvements and immediately changed out of date / missing info and even put updates on discord....

bruh the last time i saw welsh alex respond to anything anyone asked for, or even care about anything a player reported, the community got told they were the worst and ungratefull community he had ever seen and he literally ignored the community so hard the server almost got killed off.

thats quite the difference i would say
I’m referring to the suggestions in general, Taon shouldn’t be the only one doing all this work when the role has now been split to the admins so they should at least start looking into their new role and doing it

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
I’m referring to the suggestions in general, Taon shouldn’t be the only one doing all this work when the role has now been split to the admins so they should at least start looking into their new role and doing it
I'm not, I just tend to be the most available guy. Lots of people trust me and my opinion, which is a good thing, but should also put trust into other staff. Whenever I get messaged something that can be dealt with by someone else I ask them to message someone else.
I'm not doing everything, just I am taking the role of "gathering community input for gamemodes, resets, and suggestions" more or less. I tend to be a pretty approachable and open minded guy and a lot of people notice that, hence they come to me. We've recently encouraged srmod+ to be more active and noticed like that. Hopefully should see some more activity there.

kiwi

kiwicat42
kiwicat42
I see where you come from as this has been a thing for SMP players for ever but we do have to member that stuff is going to move slow with the real life problems RN in the world and everyone trying to find out what to do and with Alex gone it makes it a bit hard but I do think it would be good to see more people on the game/server but there's alot going on like the romer that 1.16.1 SMP will come in the near time

keesie7

Diamond
keesie7
keesie7
Diamond
i guess a little bit more transparancy on admins opinions on certain matters or the way things are handled can't hurt.

i really have to dissagree with anyone saying the server has not improved and nobody has changed since welsh alex left, and the player count shows as factions in the past seasons struggled to even pull in more than 5 players at some days.

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
i guess a little bit more transparancy on admins opinions on certain matters or the way things are handled can't hurt.

i really have to dissagree with anyone saying the server has not improved and nobody has changed since welsh alex left, and the player count shows as factions in the past seasons struggled to even pull in more than 5 players at some days.
Not saying the server hasn’t improved, the point was to say admins to express their opinions on suggestions.

kiwi

kiwicat42
kiwicat42

We didn't mean that we just meant we think that the staff should maybe try and show there aperons more and maybe try and play some more game modes then just kit and factions

Kwuffin

Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
We didn't mean that we just meant we think that the staff should maybe try and show there aperons more and maybe try and play some more game modes then just kit and factions
Can you actually just use proper punctuation in your posts? I literally cannot read any of your posts that you have recently posted on the forums.

There isn’t too much that has changed imo. Yes, the player count has gone up, and there were small improvements, but Alex only left quite recently, so I’m expecting the biggest changes to be after gamemode resets. I also feel like staff members are a lot more open and free after Alex’ departure.

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Can you actually just use proper punctuation in your posts? I literally cannot read any of your posts that you have recently posted on the forums.

There isn’t too much that has changed imo. Yes, the player count has gone up, and there were small improvements, but Alex only left quite recently, so I’m expecting the biggest changes to be after gamemode resets. I also feel like staff members are a lot more open and free after Alex’ departure.
I’m on my phones sometimes so the autocorrect just messes whenever I type something that it thinks is wrong. Sorry

Kwuffin

Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
I’m on my phones sometimes so the autocorrect just messes whenever I type something that it thinks is wrong. Sorry
What, not you. I meant Kiwi, they don't use any full stops, comma's, etc. in their replies. Or were you sarcastic? >->

Status
Not open for further replies.