What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

plz add spectator mode to kitpvp

Status
Not open for further replies.

realsast

sastofficial
sastofficial
plz add spectator mode to kitpvp so you can whatch pepole play or if you like finding hackers and then report then you can look for them

grammar

Materializing

@erhip is cuter
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
This is for mods. No
I get that you want to help, but it makes no sense to give normal players perms to watch hackers if they can’t ban them.

realsast

sastofficial
sastofficial
This is for mods. No
I get that you want to help, but it makes no sense to give normal players perms to watch hackers if they can’t ban them.
but also do an overhead view or they want to explore the map but everyone kill them

grammar

Chypre

Chypre_
Chypre_
but also do an overhead view or they want to explore the map but everyone kill them

grammar
I get that, but I feel like the server is more about being a part of the action itself rather than watching it. If you want to explore kitpvp, then come on during hours when there are less players and keep your distance.

Sullivan

SullivanWeldon
SullivanWeldon
Well I don’t get why it has to be exclusive to staff. I really don’t see the negatives, all it would do is make it easier for normal players to report ppl and also let us spectate pvp fights

TogepiMax

Am I gonna get kicked by a Cinderace today?
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
plz add spectator mode to kitpvp so you can whatch pepole play or if you like finding hackers and then report then you can look for them

grammar
There's no need. I have found many "perch spots" on the map where players won't really notice u and where you can see fights. Anything else I was going to say has already been said.

ProSl3nderMan

Diamond
ProGamerAustin
ProGamerAustin
Emerald
The only negative thing I see about having players be able to use spectator mode, is that people would chill in spectator mode and not pvp. Ofc, if someone doesn't want to pvp and wants to chill, they would go to the house and won't pvp anyways.

N'before someone says "We don't want them going through the walls or the ground or the barrier blocks", well, there are ways to prevent players from going through blocks, including barrier blocks.

This is for mods. No
Sure we can't ban, but we can at least report. It's a lot easier to record a hacker in spectator than it is to record fighting them. You could argue that there are more active staff on KitPvP now (including you), but there will always be times when there are none.

If you don't want everyone to have it, how about make it a donor perk? Emerald could sure use another perk ;P

TogepiMax

Am I gonna get kicked by a Cinderace today?
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
Sure we can't ban, but we can at least report. It's a lot easier to record a hacker in spectator than it is to record fighting them. You could argue that there are more active staff on KitPvP now (including you), but there will always be times when there are none.

If you don't want everyone to have it, how about make it a donor perk? Emerald could sure use another perk ;P
Or how about with diamond too?

Materializing

@erhip is cuter
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
The only negative thing I see about having players be able to use spectator mode, is that people would chill in spectator mode and not pvp. Ofc, if someone doesn't want to pvp and wants to chill, they would go to the house and won't pvp anyways.

N'before someone says "We don't want them going through the walls or the ground or the barrier blocks", well, there are ways to prevent players from going through blocks, including barrier blocks.

Helpers don’t even have spectator mode, I see no real reason players should. People still post plenty of sufficient reports when there are not enough staff online (for example @TheFoodie ) and it works out fine for them. This would just discourage players from playing the actual gamemode and instead they’d just play to tryhard reports.

Reblxtemp3r

Dedinsideee
Dedinsideee
If regular players had spectator no one would ever pvp because everyone would be in spectator mode.

ProSl3nderMan

Diamond
ProGamerAustin
ProGamerAustin
Emerald
Helpers don’t even have spectator mode, I see no real reason players should. People still post plenty of sufficient reports when there are not enough staff online (for example @TheFoodie ) and it works out fine for them. This would just discourage players from playing the actual gamemode and instead they’d just play to tryhard reports.
As I said, it would be easier to report, not that there isn't already sufficient amount of reports when there are no staff online. And the fact helpers don't have spectator mode, why do they not have spectator mode on kitpvp? You can't cheat with spectator mode on kitpvp, so I would think helpers should have it.

I don't see it discouraging players from playing the gamemode. Almost, if not all, players join KitPvP to PvP. No one who actually wants to PvP will sit in spectator mode all day try harding reports when there are no staff. And so what if one or two players tryhard reports? I don't see more than two people actively making reports, staying only in spectator. Hell, if that is the problem, just make it a donor perk. For an example, Emerald does not have many good perks, some would argue there are none good perks. Adding this to Emerald would encourage more donation to Emerald and, at the same time, limit the amount of people who could POTENTIALLY try hard reports.

Adding spectator mode would make catching hackers so much easier, it would for sure encourage me to keep paying for Emerald if it was to be a perk.

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Adding this to Emerald would encourage more donation to Emerald and, at the same time, limit the amount of people who could POTENTIALLY try hard reports.
Absolutely not. Every non staff gets it or none. It’s that simple.
And I vote none get it.

If you are saying emerald needs more perms, you really should be saying emerald shouldn’t have happened until diamond was better:)

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
As I said, it would be easier to report, not that there isn't already sufficient amount of reports when there are no staff online. And the fact helpers don't have spectator mode, why do they not have spectator mode on kitpvp? You can't cheat with spectator mode on kitpvp, so I would think helpers should have it.

I don't see it discouraging players from playing the gamemode. Almost, if not all, players join KitPvP to PvP. No one who actually wants to PvP will sit in spectator mode all day try harding reports when there are no staff. And so what if one or two players tryhard reports? I don't see more than two people actively making reports, staying only in spectator. Hell, if that is the problem, just make it a donor perk. For an example, Emerald does not have many good perks, some would argue there are none good perks. Adding this to Emerald would encourage more donation to Emerald and, at the same time, limit the amount of people who could POTENTIALLY try hard reports.

Adding spectator mode would make catching hackers so much easier, it would for sure encourage me to keep paying for Emerald if it was to be a perk.
For some reason my phone isn’t letting me quote a specific part so oh well.

Helpers don’t have vanish perks because then there is nothing that separates them from moderators. Helpers are supposed to be in a trial stage, not supposed to be given many perks. The more perks they have the easier it is for them to abuse. Previously they weren’t allowed to do bot bans, or perm bans.

The fact that you think that this needs to be a perm for emerald rank is an absolute MEME. I really hope you are joking. That basically makes it more pay to win than it already is.

LuqDude

weeeeb
Staff member
LuqDude
LuqDude
Sounds like something minimods would just abuse and the use it to farm player reports. You don’t even need it to catch hackers, literally a 30sec video of them PvPing would be enough if it shows headspin or anti kb. They’re not going to give random players MODERATOR perms. Even helpers don’t have it, as they’re not fully trusted yet. Might as well give emerald ranks access to /punish by your logic.

ProSl3nderMan

Diamond
ProGamerAustin
ProGamerAustin
Emerald
Absolutely not. Every non staff gets it or none. It’s that simple.
And I vote none get it.

If you are saying emerald needs more perms, you really should be saying emerald shouldn’t have happened until diamond was better:)
It could be a Diamond perk instead of an Emerald perk. I suggested the idea of making it a donor rank so that it will decrease the number of players who can attain it.

Another way to decrease the number of players who have access to it, is to make it an in game buy able perk, I'm thinking 50k.
For some reason my phone isn’t letting me quote a specific part so oh well.

Helpers don’t have vanish perks because then there is nothing that separates them from moderators. Helpers are supposed to be in a trial stage, not supposed to be given many perks. The more perks they have the easier it is for them to abuse. Previously they weren’t allowed to do bot bans, or perm bans.

The fact that you think that this needs to be a perm for emerald rank is an absolute MEME. I really hope you are joking. That basically makes it more pay to win than it already is.
I'm not talking about vanish perks, I'm talking about Spectator mode. Spectator will still show them in tab. And I get Helpers are supposed to be in a trial stage, but they aren't given many perks to make sure they are able to handle the job of helper/staff. Spectator mode is not abuse able, all it lets you do is fly around and watch people fight.

Pay to win? Spectator mode? How is that not a meme? I cannot see how this would be pay 2 win, when all it does it make it easier to catch hackers.

It doesn't have to be a perm perk for Emerald, or Diamond. It could be a buy able in game perk, just to make it decrease the amount of people who have access to it.
Sounds like something minimods would just abuse and the use it to farm player reports. You don’t even need it to catch hackers, literally a 30sec video of them PvPing would be enough if it shows headspin or anti kb. They’re not going to give random players MODERATOR perms. Even helpers don’t have it, as they’re not fully trusted yet. Might as well give emerald ranks access to /punish by your logic.
Again, spectator mode is not something you can abuse. If they want to farm player reports, why should we stop them? From what I can tell, player reports are close to being meaningless when it comes to staff applications. Sure, they might check to see how many player reports, but there's more to that when it comes to selecting staff. And again with the helper and moderator perms (I feel like everyone is just giving their 2 cents without reading previous posts, and restating the same ideas), helpers should have spectator perms, this isn't something you can abuse. Instead, /ban/mute are abuse able, yet they still have em.

/punish? You mean /ban/mute? My logic is to make it easier for some players to report, if not all, when staff are not online. I guess I could see the logic behind saying that, how about instead of reporting, those Emeralds get the ban and mute commands yeah? This is the logic I am using for spectator perms, but /ban/mute perms are way different than giving people spectator perms, and I don't feel like you can compare the two. Especially since spectator mode is not something you can easily abuse, when /ban/mute is something easily abused.

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
/punish is the correct command.

When a staff does /punish (IGN) they can check there history, alts, notes or make a new punishment.

LuqDude

weeeeb
Staff member
LuqDude
LuqDude
It could be a Diamond perk instead of an Emerald perk. I suggested the idea of making it a donor rank so that it will decrease the number of players who can attain it.
What we're saying is not decrease the amount of regular players who can get it, but make it to where ONLY mods+ can do it.
I'm not talking about vanish perks, I'm talking about Spectator mode. Spectator will still show them in tab. And I get Helpers are supposed to be in a trial stage, but they aren't given many perks to make sure they are able to handle the job of helper/staff. Spectator mode is not abuse able, all it lets you do is fly around and watch people fight.
AFAIK, going into /gmsp also makes it to where you don’t show up on tab. They're not given perks because they're not trusted with them. That's why mods who get demoted to helper also lose their perms to do /gmsp and /v, because you were demoted for a reason and so you’re no longer as trusted.

Why would you even need to watch others fight? What’s the whole point of it anyway? KitPvP is made to PvP, it’s literally in the name. It’s not called KitCatchHackers. You’re supposed to PvP, not spending your whole time being a wannabe mod. Also, /v isn’t really abuseable on kitpvp either, but that dosent mean just give it to whoever willy nilly.
Pay to win? Spectator mode? How is that not a meme? I cannot see how this would be pay 2 win, when all it does it make it easier to catch hackers.

It doesn't have to be a perm perk for Emerald, or Diamond. It could be a buy able in game perk, just to make it decrease the amount of people who have access to it.
You get to pay money, to catch hackers, without them ruining your k/d. Every player who dosent have it, would have their k/d ruined by those hackers while trying to record them, or even just play normally if they’re camping right at the drop, but no little Jimmy here who used his mom’s credit card to buy diamond rank doesn’t have to get his k/d ruined because he can go in /gsmp. You pay money so your KD stays the same. Pretty P2W if you ask me.
Again, spectator mode is not something you can abuse. If they want to farm player reports, why should we stop them? From what I can tell, player reports are close to being meaningless when it comes to staff applications. Sure, they might check to see how many player reports, but there's more to that when it comes to selecting staff.
I never brought up staff apps, so I have no clue where you got that from. Why stop them you ask? As I already mentioned, it's called KitPvP, not KitCatchingHackers. Do you know how many people would just sit in gsmp, waiting for someone to hack so they can report them on the forums? The actual people pvping would go way down, and it would just be a handful of people left who actually play the gamemode and do what you're supposed to.
(I feel like everyone is just giving their 2 cents without reading previous posts, and restating the same ideas)
I feel like you haven't read, or even searched for the numerous posts talking about the same thing as you, and how every point you've said has already been mentioned before here and shut down. These posts are honestly getting annoying, same ideas, same counter arguments, always same outcome. Literally do a quick search or two before making a post, especially if you're going to use something like that as an argument.
helpers should have spectator perms, this isn't something you can abuse. Instead, /ban/mute are abuse able, yet they still have em.
Do you know how long it took before helpers got ban perms? They didn't always have them, and even when they did it was limited to tempbans. Actual player punishments are lot easier to catch if it's being abused, considering a helper must provide their mentor the evidence, even if no appeal has been made. A whole bunch of bans with no evidence would result in a demotion pretty quickly. A whole lot easier to catch someone banning a whole bunch of players (especially if it’s a helper, but even if it’s a mod+) then to catch them abusing /v or /gsmp cause you need a Sr. Mod+ to see other staff in vanish, unlike bans where they’re globally broadcasted to staff, even if it’s silent.
Especially since spectator mode is not something you can easily abuse, when /ban/mute is something easily abused.
Same argument you’ve been using for a bit now, same response as what I said above.
/punish? You mean /ban/mute?
/punish is the punishment command where you can ban or mute a player, see their past history, and see any alts they have.

Kaissa

18 and american who loves giving headpats uwu
Iron
vhyn
vhyn
Iron
"Do you know how many people would just sit in gsmp, waiting for someone to hack so they can report them on the forums?"

Aahahahahahahahah aint that the truth LOL...

anyways requesting lock? lol

ProSl3nderMan

Diamond
ProGamerAustin
ProGamerAustin
Emerald
Wow, this is a lot to digest. Thanks for the big bit of information I gained from this. Now, lets get into it.
What we're saying is not decrease the amount of regular players who can get it, but make it to where ONLY mods+ can do it.
While I understand what y'all are saying here, I was trying to explain that the whole idea of the rank was to decrease the amount of players who have it if that is such a big concern.
AFAIK, going into /gmsp also makes it to where you don’t show up on tab.
Okay, so sure /gmsp makes it so you don't show up in tab. But, since we don't want regular players going invis, a new command would have to be added in, which is actually rather simple to do.

They're not given perks because they're not trusted with them. That's why mods who get demoted to helper also lose their perms to do /gmsp and /v, because you were demoted for a reason and so you’re no longer as trusted.
Yes, they are not given perks because they are not trusted with them. But, what is so untrustable about /gmsp and /v? I'd figure what's untrustable is the fact that helpers might use it to stay hidden and avoid their duties. So, make it so helpers have access to spectator mode that DOESN'T hide them from tab. Other than that, I do not understand why spectator mode would be abuse able for helpers.
Why would you even need to watch others fight? What’s the whole point of it anyway? KitPvP is made to PvP, it’s literally in the name. It’s not called KitCatchHackers.
The idea I'm backing in this suggestion, is it would make it easier to record hackers, not to watch people fight. But hey, that is what it is, watching people fight. I'm just saying it would make it easier to record hackers.

You’re supposed to PvP, not spending your whole time being a wannabe mod. Also, /v isn’t really abuseable on kitpvp either, but that dosent mean just give it to whoever willy nilly.
Among the ideas I had earlier, I mentioned that this would be for the times when there are no mods once so ever, online. (mind ya, there are actually way more active staff now on kitpvp than there were a few weeks ago). And, it wouldn't be the whole time just recording hackers, or as you put it, being a wannabe mod. You get a clip of the hacker, report, and jump back into the action. I also don't want /v to be given to whoever, I want gamemode spectator to be given to whoever. I understand that the current gamemode spectator command, for mod+, makes you also disappear from tab. I mentioned this earlier in the post and offered the idea of a new command that doesn't make you disappear from tab, essentially vanilla spectator. And if that is still something you don't want given out to whoever, then that's when I bring back up the idea of the donor perk to reduce the amount of players who have access to it.

You get to pay money, to catch hackers, without them ruining your k/d. Every player who dosent have it, would have their k/d ruined by those hackers while trying to record them, or even just play normally if they’re camping right at the drop, but no little Jimmy here who used his mom’s credit card to buy diamond rank doesn’t have to get his k/d ruined because he can go in /gsmp. You pay money so your KD stays the same. Pretty P2W if you ask me.
This is where I'll bring a new term, called S2W. It stands for Smart to Win. Whenever I currently record hackers, I'll get one clip, perhaps die once or twice, and then avoid that player till they are banned. If you are set on this being P2W, I don't see how else I could change your mind than with S2W.
I never brought up staff apps, so I have no clue where you got that from.
I brought up staff apps because someone used the term farming player reports. Why do you farm player reports? For post count? I was assuming you would farm player reports for a higher chance at getting staff, but I could see why someone might be concerned with post count.

Why stop them you ask? As I already mentioned, it's called KitPvP, not KitCatchingHackers. Do you know how many people would just sit in gsmp, waiting for someone to hack so they can report them on the forums? The actual people pvping would go way down, and it would just be a handful of people left who actually play the gamemode and do what you're supposed to.
The only people who I see sitting in spectator mode are people who want to, as ya put it, farm player reports / minimodding. Which, I do not think I see playing KitPvP anyways. If this was added and it brought more people from the other gamemodes onto kitpvp, just to catch hackers when no staff are online, how is that necessarily bad?

I'm willing to say there are no current statistics on how many current KitPvP players are try hard minimodders/farmers, that would abuse this spectator mode.

I feel like you haven't read, or even searched for the numerous posts talking about the same thing as you, and how every point you've said has already been mentioned before here and shut down. These posts are honestly getting annoying, same ideas, same counter arguments, always same outcome. Literally do a quick search or two before making a post, especially if you're going to use something like that as an argument.
Done, just research for older posts and only found ONE thread about suggesting spectator mode, which counter arguments were made for people abusing spectator mode. Example, doing spectator mode to avoid death or combat. The point was brought up on the older thread that was to make the command only accessible from spawn, which you stated on that thread that players would find a way around that restriction. While it is true that there are times when players find ways to abuse things, (abuse for this being only avoiding death/combat), but that is because the developer did not think of every way to prevent the abuse from happening. And the trick the server that the player is actually in spawn? Seems pretty far fetched, but maybe there's a hack client that can work that way? Even if so, the only reason to trick server into thinking you were in spawn is to avoid death/combat, which in that situation, at least I think and believe, will not have enough time for that player to quickly trick the server into thinking they were in spawn.

When I was saying "(I feel like everyone is just giving their 2 cents without reading previous posts, and restating the same ideas)," I was mainly referring to the fact that counter arguments were repeated on this thread, making it a bit longer than it needs to be. You cannot expect every user, who posts on a thread that they did not create, to do a search to see if this idea was posted yet, or if there were counter arguments that won against the ideas brought up. This primarily lies upon the thread creator, operator if you will, to do this research. And still, criticizing someone for making a 2nd suggestion for a thread with new ideas or counter arguments to the counter arguments on the previous thread? What else are they suppose to do when they feel the idea on an old thread was not argued fully, especially when it is not allowed to necropost on old threads?

Finally, the posts being shut down, if refered to the post https://skycade.net/threads/how-to-...-and-record-hackers-on-kit.27785/#post-115720 being locked, it was locked for necoposting and being an old thread. If posts being shutting down means ideas being stopped in their tracks instead of being expanded upon and changed, then sure, that thread was shut down.

One last note on that quote, I do understand that there might've been a forums wipe, so I'll credit you with maybe there were spectator suggestions before a forums wipe, then again we can't be held accountable for not being able to see those suggestions in the searched.

Do you know how long it took before helpers got ban perms? They didn't always have them, and even when they did it was limited to tempbans. Actual player punishments are lot easier to catch if it's being abused, considering a helper must provide their mentor the evidence, even if no appeal has been made. A whole bunch of bans with no evidence would result in a demotion pretty quickly. A whole lot easier to catch someone banning a whole bunch of players (especially if it’s a helper, but even if it’s a mod+) then to catch them abusing /v or /gsmp cause you need a Sr. Mod+ to see other staff in vanish, unlike bans where they’re globally broadcasted to staff, even if it’s silent.
Yes, sure it took long before helpers got ban perms. But can't ya see, they got ban perms because it's not something they could abuse and get away with easily. Same thing goes for Spectator mode, if the spectator mode they have access to does not hide them from tab, they cannot abuse it (that is, if the only way to abuse spectator mode is to hide in tab and avoid certain duties). So at the very least, helpers should get spectator command, at least a spectator command that shows them in tab.[/QUOTE]

ProSl3nderMan

Diamond
ProGamerAustin
ProGamerAustin
Emerald
Had to make a second post because I hit 10,000 character limit, smh.
Especially since spectator mode is not something you can easily abuse, when /ban/mute is something easily abused.
Same argument you’ve been using for a bit now, same response as what I said above.
Just to re-irritate my response above in this post, spectator mode is not abuse able if the command does not also make you go into vanish, or disappear from tab. This is assuming that the only thing abuse able here is staying hidden in tab and avoiding helper duties, since I don't see anything else abuse able about this and no one has provided any abuse able ways.

/punish is the correct command.

When a staff does /punish (IGN) they can check there history, alts, notes or make a new punishment.
/punish is the punishment command where you can ban or mute a player, see their past history, and see any alts they have.
Thank you for explaining this, on other servers it is /history to see history, ya know, /ban for ban, /mute for mute, /dupeip for alts.

"Do you know how many people would just sit in gsmp, waiting for someone to hack so they can report them on the forums?"

Aahahahahahahahah aint that the truth LOL...

anyways requesting lock? lol
To re-irritate what I said above in response to Aciv,

The only people who I see sitting in spectator mode are people who want to, as ya put it, farm player reports / minimodding. Which, I do not think I see playing KitPvP anyways. If this was added and it brought more people from the other gamemodes onto kitpvp, just to catch hackers when no staff are online, how is that necessarily bad when they wouldn't be playing regular KitPvP anyways.

Also, why would you request a lock when the idea is not yet done being argued? Forums are here so players can globally communicate with others, make memes, make suggestions, report players, report bugs, etc. The main point I'm getting here is that suggestions are apart of forums, and they should be argued until a staff member of the right position accepts it or denies it, or until another forum rule applies like necro posting. The only reason this should be locked is if this thread dies off and someone necro posts, or if the idea is accepted or denied BY A STAFF MEMBER.

My final thought on this whole thing is that if regular players or donators should not have access to this, helpers should. As I said above, make a command for helpers to use spectator mode that shows them in tab, essentially vanilla spectator.

Status
Not open for further replies.