What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Prisons Reset + OVERHAUL!

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
It has been almost exactly 16 months today since we released our Prisons gamemode for the first time, and it was met with huge reception! Sadly the playercount quickly fell due to the complexities and tediousness of the gamemode. But today I have good news! We have spent months behind the scenes redesigning Prisons in a way that eliminates those issues. We think our overhaul maintains the unique feel Prisons has but without the complicated systems and long travelling time (oh and we made it 1.8)!
So I'm going to outline some of the changes we've made and what you can expect from Prisons, but first and foremost I'm sure you all want to know WHEN it resets?

Prisons resets on Saturday, June 29th at 5pm UK // 12pm EST. You can connect on 1.8-1.14.2 and Prisons will now be semi-OP, so efficiency 10 etc. So, here's some more details!

Travelling & Selling

No more balloon! You now travel to and from locations in a much simpler way; you just teleport there instantly. So from spawn, to mines, to plots, no more long travelling on the balloon, just one click and you're there!
Selling is also much easier now, no more are you required to travel all the way to spawn each time you want to sell your loot. Simply do it at the mines using /shop or /shop sellall

Mine Progression

As always, there are 26 mines ranging from Mine A to Mine Z. Each player starts at Mine A and the goal is to earn money through mining and other forms of income to progress through the mines, each mine costs more to unlock than the previous mine but each mine also has more valuable blocks than the previous mine! Once a player reaches Mine Z they will have the option to Prestige, as covered below.

Prestige

A player at Mine Z has two options, they can either just stay at Mine Z forever or they can choose to Prestige for a high cost. When you Prestige your mine progress resets entirely, sending you all the way back to Mine A and locking all other mines so you can unlock them again. Players do however keep their balance, plot, inventories and enderchests when they prestige so it's not a complete loss. Players are also rewarded with 1 Prestige Coin every time they prestige, which can be used to buy unique upgrades like an earnings boost, or special custom items (see below!)

Economy

As I said we are hoping to maintain quite a unique feeling to Skycade Prisons, and one of the ways we're doing that is by expanding the idea of grinding and making money on Prisons. As always players are able to mine and sell their blocks to earn money, and we expect this will be what most players will choose to do, but we're also introducing two alternative methods that both have unique rewards that mining does not have.
These two methods are Fishing and Mob Grinding: at various points throughout the mines you will be able to find pools of water or areas with mobs spawning in. Both of these are treated as unique, and both allow you to level up your abilities. Fishing and Mob Grinding will both earn you money, but also they will give out rare rewards like custom enchants and custom items. Levelling up your Fishing and Mob Grinding will allow you to improve your chances of getting the rare rewards, and increase your money earned from them!

Rare Items and Custom Enchants

We have a ton of custom enchants and rare items for players to discover and put to use in Prisons, and they will all be unlocked in various ways. We've purposely designed it so that players are gradually introduced to these items and enchants over time, so they're not all put on you at once and it's a much smoother learning curve. And in a first for Skycade, enchantments now have a rarity status ranging from Common to Legendary. The rarer the enchant, the harder it is to get and the more valuable we think it is!
You can view the custom items >here< and the custom enchants >here<!

Gangs

Players will be able to organise themselves into ‘gangs’. Gangs are a group of players that have decided to team up, and will benefit from various things such as a team to PvP with, an earnings boost through gang-wide boosters, gang specific missions, gang banner, and a gang name. Gangs will gradually unlock features as they gain experience which will be based on a gang’s mission accomplishment. Missions will just be things like mine X amount of blocks, kill 5 players, catch 100 fish etc!

That's about all we have to announce, there's a lot more detailed content to be discovered when you log on but we like to keep the announcements at least a little bit readable!
This has been one of the most fun projects to work on in a long time and we're all really excited about it, we really hope you guys will enjoy playing as much as we've enjoyed working on it. Remember, June 29th 5pm UK // 12pm EST :) See you then!

iCharlotte

i quit
Diamond
Leeigh
Leeigh
Diamond
yesyes i can't wait for this been waiting for this soo long, sounds sickk
gg alex :)

5BeanBurritos

not a taco
Diamond
5BeanBurritos
5BeanBurritos
Emerald
The long-awaited reset for prisons is finally here! Woohoo!

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Builder
Emerald
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Builder
Excited!

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
C00kiez
C00kiez
Diamond
I wonder if it will end out as popular as skyblock as before the reset it was dead

Well time to start playing prisons again ;)

SimplyOil

Diamond
StqrBuckss
StqrBuckss
Diamond
WOOP!

i think i might start playing prisons XD

itskatcraft

Diamond
itskatcraft
itskatcraft
Diamond
mm prisons is kinda boring it takes like 5 years to mine blocks and prestize sorry xd

PigMatt

No longer banned 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
YAY HyPe!

Duckowap

Gamer
Staff member
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
Can't wait!

MrSwalbert

Ex-Mod
Diamond
MrSwalbert
MrSwalbert
Really great changes in the making!
Can't wait to test it out!

Mist

Resigned Mod Factions #1 - Ill miss bein yalls #1
Iron
_Mistz
_Mistz
Helper
This is an awesome reset it was very confusing before I’m glad it’s gettin a reboot!

Bcof

Save the Amazon Forest
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Diamond
Been waiting for this! Happy that prisons is coming back out. Good luck to everyone!

Sandman

Sand_V3
Sand_V3
About time, very nice.

The changes seem more decent that most players have feared, I've also noticed how much you guys been working on it lately.

As expected, the original custom enchant set got replaced by the Skycade enchants. Kind of a bummer, I found the skycade ones always to be underwhelming and boring, especially with the max level of 1-2. But you went ahead and added new legendaries which is exciting

Am indifferent, mostly sad with the enchant changes but I'll look forward to seeing what other changes and additions have been made. The new spawn looks refreshing too. And the pouch sounds cool, I guess thats the new version of /storage then.

FluffyBean17

Huge persona 5 nerd - Rando - Greek myth nerd
Diamond
FluffyBean17
FluffyBean17
Emerald
Oooohh I can finally play prisons with more than 2 people

benbsings

#SaveTheAmazon
Diamond
Iron
badstagram
badstagram
Emerald
Hype!!!

Sara7645

Always Classy and a little bit sassy 🤪🍭
Staff member
Diamond
Sara7645
Sara7645
Hello fellow Skycadians. The time has come, If you all do not remember back in February of this year the lord and savior himself "WelshAlex" and I had made a small bet with eachother. Please read this thread if you are not familiar with it. https://skycade.net/threads/bet-with-welshalex.17260/ (but do not reply because thats necroposting)
Ok anyways. I am here to remind you to please not join prisons. It will not be fun and 'Alex' will legit make me change my IGN if you join it. Like I don't even know how to change my IGN like what the frick thats gonna be a challenge in itself. But, if you do end up playing prisons and decide to go against my wishes to defeat 'Alex' you will have to promise me 2 things.
1. Whenever 'Alex' is on target him as much as possible, whether that means killing him or taking his ores when hes mining. I dont know what the thing with prisons is but target him and get his fricking hecking materials so he cant do anything.
2. Anytime you see 'Alex' on tell him that he smells for me please.

I will not be logging on to prisons as long as the bet with the "Alex" man is still going on. If you wish to join me feel free to. Or if you wish to join 'Alex' you can if you want ill just cry alot.

<3-Sara

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
YaYAyayyayAAY
So glad you got rid of the baloon it was like a loading screen