What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PVP clients for Linux

Delno_

Delno_
Delno_
I ended up going with PODCRASH and im pretty sure ive recorded a hacker using the distance attacked feature, idk though i'll have to look over it lol. but ill look into devising a mod pack for myself like that, ill have to confirm it with staff though, im quite careful with stuff like that XD
I ended up going with PODCRASH and im pretty sure ive recorded a hacker using the distance attacked feature, idk though i'll have to look over it lol. but ill look into devising a mod pack for myself like that, ill have to confirm it with staff though, im quite careful with stuff like that XD
Podcrash isnt a hacked client one reason some people think its not allowed is it used to have spectator esp. basically when were spectating someone you had player esp. it was only on spectator mode though, and im pretty sure they got rid of that feature

Elliamy

Vibing
Emerald
Diamond
Elliamy
Elliamy
Emerald
Hey! I personally use linux (pop OS, a derivative of ubuntu 20.04). I have used labymod myself on linux and ran into no issues besides setup and it worked perfectly after that, so that would be my personal preference if you can get past the ever so slightly complicated setup that may arise given your java settings.

If your running Ubuntu or a derivative / distro in the same family that uses apt at your package manager you can follow these steps to get java 8 working for labymod! all you need to do is open the terminal then enter these commands.

1. sudo apt update
2. java -version

if this returns that you have open JDK 8, then you're all good to run the labymod installer. Just download the .deb file and you're golden! If it says something different, follow these steps;

3. sudo apt-get update (root password required)
4. sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk
5. sudo update-alternatives --set java /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_version/bin/java

All going well, inputting java -version into your terminal now should display openJDK 8 as your version meaning you're all good to install labymod!

Have fun!

William Edition

Official_Wills
Official_Wills
BLC as in badlion? unfortunately not, I even tried running it through the windows program loader and it just kept crashing lol
try installing wine on linux then install badlion with wine installer

William Edition

Official_Wills
Official_Wills
Hey! I personally use linux (pop OS, a derivative of ubuntu 20.04). I have used labymod myself on linux and ran into no issues besides setup and it worked perfectly after that, so that would be my personal preference if you can get past the ever so slightly complicated setup that may arise given your java settings.

If your running Ubuntu or a derivative / distro in the same family that uses apt at your package manager you can follow these steps to get java 8 working for labymod! all you need to do is open the terminal then enter these commands.

1. sudo apt update
2. java -version

if this returns that you have open JDK 8, then you're all good to run the labymod installer. Just download the .deb file and you're golden! If it says something different, follow these steps;

3. sudo apt-get update (root password required)
4. sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk
5. sudo update-alternatives --set java /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_version/bin/java

All going well, inputting java -version into your terminal now should display openJDK 8 as your version meaning you're all good to install labymod!

Have fun!
i personally prefer linux mint, but i use wine to install some windows programs.

Dictator_Alideen

North Korea is democratic
Iron
Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Iron
I was just wondering does anyone know of any clients like hyperium or badlion that have versions on linux? I just feel i'm at a competitive disadvantage to the people that do have these clients, no hacked or illegal clients obviously!
Any client that is installed by a .Jar will essentially work. For .Exe's maybe you would need to get pretty hacky with WINE and even then it probably won't work. Download a client that starts with a .Jar then open terminal and type cd ~/Downloads (Assuming you downloaded it to your downloads folder) then type java -jar file.jar replacing "file.jar" with the Jar file name.

TonkPlus

MVP
Emerald
Diamond
TonkPlus
TonkPlus
MVP
Any client that is installed by a .Jar will essentially work. For .Exe's maybe you would need to get pretty hacky with WINE and even then it probably won't work. Download a client that starts with a .Jar then open terminal and type cd ~/Downloads (Assuming you downloaded it to your downloads folder) then type java -jar file.jar replacing "file.jar" with the Jar file name.
Yea i worked this out lol im now using PODCRASH which is pretty good, its helped me report hackers hitting me from 5 blocks away too lol