What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rant

KingBob124

ContentBob
ContentBob
Be prepared for a rant to the skyblock server

MELONS, why MELONS. Why are melons the best way to earn money. Iron only sells for like $6 or something. No auto farms allowed so you wont be able to make good profit shops. Which is what the majority of the pwarps are.
Spawners are pretty much useless now and the people who don't go outside will have the most money as they will be able to harvest melons all the time.
the enchant system is terrible. on prisons it was alright but it has no place here in skyblock. you literally need 20 books to get sharpness V. Half the commands are broken too.
We can't view other people pwarps so they will have to advertise. Not helpful when owners aren't online
Worst. Season. Ever. :(

Last edited:

ANewHope

Busy doing absolutely nothing.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
First off it’s the first day of the reset. Kinda silly to say “worst season ever” when you haven’t even been able to play for a full day. Anyways, melons are the main part of the economy due to the fact that there aren’t many ways to make auto farms for those which decreases lag. The reason auto farms are not allowed is to again, decrease lag, you can still use auto farms for spawners. The enchants are perfectly fine, if you don’t get what you want from /enchants just go on ah or ask in chat if you can buy a sharpness book. “Half the commands are broken” - As I stated earlier it’s day 1 of the reset and the devs have been working hard to get the server up and running. The devs can’t snap their fingers and make everything suddenly work.

Kwuffin

Daremoga tabi motteru
Diamond
_____________yes
_____________yes
Diamond
I agree with what Hope said. To add to the enchants, it would be kinda OP if you’d be able to get sharpness 5 on your sword with just 5 books wouldn't it?
And I’m kinda fine with melons being the most profitable. It makes for some different skyblock strategies, last season we had cactus be very profitable, so everyone made cactus farms. I’d like to see how it turns out this season.

nursey_

Can't beat 'em, join 'em --- UwU
Staff member
MVP
Diamond
Gold
Nursey__
Nursey__
Following on from what others have said, there is no need for pwarps this season as we have island warps instead. Unless the island owner has locked the island, then you can visit by simple using /is warp <ign>. That actually makes it easier, especially for those who don't have alts so were typically limited to one pwarp.

The enchant system from prisons is great, and imo will work better than the previous seasons enchanting system that was insanely op when the season kicked off.

Every single reset on all game modes has issues at resets. Devs are working tirelessly to get the issues resolved, and usually do so in the first few days.

Ultimately, no one likes change, at all, myself included. But whats the point in a reset if it is exactly like the last one? Where the economy was broken in the first 2 weeks and the only focus was spawners. This season being farming heavy and having minions means that players will actually have to play more rather than just being an idling/afk game.

Sara7645

Always Classy and a little bit sassy 🤪🍭
Staff member
Diamond
Sara7645
Sara7645
Hihi! Time for my say in your little thread you got going on here. I don’t mean to be rude towards ya I’m just voicing my opinion.

Melons were put into the economy as the main source of income instead of things like iron this season to make it different from the last. Having melons as the main source of income supposed to iron would mean less time afking spawners and more time actually grinding. It also was used to implement the use of minions this season which is different then the rest. The point of skyblock is to grind, and last season the grind consisted of afking spawners. Which really wasn’t fair to the people who didn’t have alts. So this season is melon based. Making it harder to grind and obtain money. More challenging. Which is the fun part about skyblock.

Auto farms being taken out of the game in my opinion was for the best. It adds onto my point of grinding skyblock last season being consisted of afking the whole time. Which really isn’t any fun at the end of the day. This way players put in more work. Making it harder to reach is top.

The enchant system has its flaws, yes I understand that but for the most part it works very well and the custom enchants are easy and cool to use. It was brought over from prisons because so many people had fun with it and enjoyed the effects it gave them. With the custom enchants also comes with things such as protection orbs which are a huge advantage in the game.

Your issue with the commands not working: I understand that as a player you expect the reset to run smoothly and have everything work the way it should on launch day. But this is not always the case. I can guarantee you that the developers are working actively to try and fix all the bugs as quick as possible. It might take a few days so bare with them as they try to handle the situations.

The pwarp scenario I do not really understand but we do has /is warp (ign) which is basically the same thing as the pwarp. You can still advertise in the chat and you can still sell things on your island such as melon. It all works the same except the command to get there.

This season of Skyblock has a bunch of potential and a lot of great updates. There are some flaws about it and some issues right now. But if you are with the developers for a couple more days and rejoin and start to play, I hope you can have a better experience then :).