What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Re-do rule "No swearing"

1. Should Swearing be removed as a rule if an accident happens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duuucky

Iron
ItsYourBirthday_
ItsYourBirthday_
Iron
Whats your username? Mr_Ducky_Duck
What is your suggestion? In-Game swearing
So after I went through the discord rules and server rules, something doesn't seem right. there are, young and soon to be teenagers that swear in voice chat and staff hear them (not swearing or disrespecting staff) just casual "oh sh*t or Fu*k I died" not aggressive just like lol "Fu*k". but yet we can't even use them in-game. In my honest opinion and I speak for the others that do swear here and there shouldn't get a mute because of it. The only way I can see a mute happening if we [TARGET DISRESPECT A PLAYER]. Sometimes accidents happen and it shouldn't be a law to swear in games. If a player can not handle swearing /ignore [Player] is a thing or keep swearing to a minimal. I shouldn't be getting reported by an adult "Sombu" because a bad word was said. We all swear and it shouldn't be a crime in skyclad keep it to a minimal. you can keep the sensor chat a thing but if a"ONE letter off you hit without noticing it shouldn't be mute. But at the same time a "single swear" shouldn't be muteable. If you cant handle it get off skycade or /ignore someone but at the same time don't overuse it then I can see it being a mute

Poll Choice
1. Should Swearing be removed as a rule if an accident happens
or

2. Should it stay the same for sombu to report you

Materializing

@erhip is a cutie
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
First of all Sombu isn’t an adult and wasn’t even the person online who reported you, so not sure what you’re on about.
Second of all, swearing once isn’t punishable, but bypassing the filter (as you did) is. Censored swearing isn’t a mute first time, just a mute after 3+ swears in the chat, but bypassing the filter is seen as more malicious.

Targetted disrespect is a completely different punishment, and will continue to be treated as such. Excessively swearing at someone can already fall under targetted disrespect.

You can argue that it was a mistake, and appeal with that, but the rules about swearing will stay how they are for now. I think they’re fine.

Duuucky

Iron
ItsYourBirthday_
ItsYourBirthday_
Iron
First of all Sombu isn’t an adult and wasn’t even the person online who reported you, so not sure what you’re on about.
Second of all, swearing once isn’t punishable, but bypassing the filter (as you did) is. Censored swearing isn’t a mute first time, just a mute after 3+ swears in the chat, but bypassing the filter is seen as more malicious.

Targetted disrespect is a completely different punishment, and will continue to be treated as such. Excessively swearing at someone can already fall under targetted disrespect.

You can argue that it was a mistake, and appeal with that, but the rules about swearing will stay how they are for now. I think they’re fine.
Like I said in my appeal I didn't even mean to bypass lol you guys just don't like to read :> I like you Materializing but this is getting out rediculous

Duuucky

Iron
ItsYourBirthday_
ItsYourBirthday_
Iron
Like I said in my appeal I didn't even mean to bypass lol you guys just don't like to read :> I like you Materializing but this is getting out rediculous

Astronaughting

OddlyWindy
OddlyWindy
All forms of swearing should be punishable, how many times shouldn’t matter,

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
XmasCookie
XmasCookie
Diamond
Lots of younger people won’t even know what some of those words are / mean so they would most likely ask their parents what they are, and the blame for them learning the words way before they should falls back on the server and the people that said it

Astronaughting

OddlyWindy
OddlyWindy
Lots of younger people won’t even know what some of those words are / mean so they would most likely ask their parents what they are, and the blame for them learning the words way before they should falls back on the server and the people that said it
As he said, the server is held responsible for that, due
to the player learning from the person on the server. The rules should change and should be punishable on the first offense.

Duuucky

Iron
ItsYourBirthday_
ItsYourBirthday_
Iron
Like I said it was an accident. Didn't mean to. Us players that appeal and say it was an accident still gets declined. doesn't matter. staff will do anything they can do get a ban, or mute. But fine a mute can be used but a shorter one should be used. not this perm for a minor issue.

MarvelDC

forgets functions I wrote yesterday
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
MarvelDC
MarvelDC
Senior Moderator
The rules in-game, related to inappropriate language, is much stricter than on other platforms. This is due to the fact anyone of any age can play on the server, but you have to be older than 13 to use the forums or Discord, hence why occasional inappropriate language is allowed on there.

We have subtle measures such as the swear filter to avoid making it too harsh, and bypassing that will lead to a mute since that makes the filter useless, defeating the entire purpose of making the in-game environment more friendly to younger players of any age.

It shouldn't be changed at all, in my opinion, as we do allow users to show anger or annoyance with the occasional '*****' (just not excessively).
Just because you think every single young child swears doesn't make it okay to allow swearing from the more mature players.

Duuucky

Iron
ItsYourBirthday_
ItsYourBirthday_
Iron
The rules in-game, related to inappropriate language, is much stricter than on other platforms. This is due to the fact anyone of any age can play on the server, but you have to be older than 13 to use the forums or Discord, hence why occasional inappropriate language is allowed on there.

We have subtle measures such as the swear filter to avoid making it too harsh, and bypassing that will lead to a mute since that makes the filter useless, defeating the entire purpose of making the in-game environment more friendly to younger players of any age.

It shouldn't be changed at all, in my opinion, as we do allow users to show anger or annoyance with the occasional '*****' (just not excessively).
Just because you think every single young child swears doesn't make it okay to allow swearing from the more mature players.
Not saying its okay just little harsh on perm mutes, I respect your decision but you should see where my point was coming. #Stopfarminginnocentplayers

T2NAF1SH

I grind skyblock kills
Diamond
T2NA
T2NA
Emerald
Personally I think swearing should be allowed on kitpvp, it's understandable to get mad and frustrated over dying a bunch

Duuucky

Iron
ItsYourBirthday_
ItsYourBirthday_
Iron
Personally I think swearing should be allowed on kitpvp, it's understandable to get mad and frustrated over dying a bunch
not a valid point to swear. So no i don't approve

Duuucky

Iron
ItsYourBirthday_
ItsYourBirthday_
Iron
Due to emotions and people getting a little upset. I am requesting @Materializing to lock this thread. Thank you for your support.

Materializing

@erhip is a cutie
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Locked by request.

Status
Not open for further replies.