What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Really Skycade

Status
Not open for further replies.

justen

autist
Diamond
xlJusten
xlJusten
Diamond
To reply to this thread, yea this sums up everything in a nutshell. I’m also going to add that the majority of the staff can’t handle being wrong or being told that they are wrong. I can name about 10 right now, could list them with evidence if I was feeling that petty. Anytime say a valid argument is made against a decision or whatever it may be, staff members pull the silent treatment card. This isn’t a one time occurrence, this happened practically every day. Don’t get me wrong there’s still some good staff left but the majority are just downright bad. They hide behind their rank and justify it as doing staff work. Please cut the bs it’s sad. Also, not being able to handle criticism is just pathetic. I don’t have any idea what xl said but if it was as minute as I’ve heard it to be then the mute can’t get any stupider. #Freexl
he j said that the playercount was dying bc they were neglecting factions. was just voicing his opinions.
#freexl

Last edited:

xlSupreme

Diamond
xlSupreme
xlSupreme
Diamond
https://skycade.net/threads/appeal-x.33031/ you’re telling me criticizing is against the rules?? What kind of bs is that??? Oh no sorry he annoyed the GREAT WELSH ALEX ohhh noo how dare he commit a capital sin! Then they wonder why skycade playerbase webt from 1.4k to 300 when minecraft is more popular then ever. Honestly, most of the staff I don’t blame they really got no choice, you think alex is the type of guy to take constructive criticism. Anyways I’m disappointed that you’re all just desensitized to alex abusing/muting to the point where ppl stop complaining. That or they’re scared alex will mute them lmao. Ps:if a staff says this is not the appropriate place then where is don’t tell me to report it to either iispace/jack since spce has no authority over alex and prob doesn’t want to lose her job and jack doesn’t give a shit about the server,#freexl Also correct me if i’m wrong but the mvps provide skycade with a minimum of 600-800$ a month and that’s not even including emeralds and other store bought items/cosmetic so where is that money going? According to alex we’re always on the verge of shutting down and broke. Devs are barely given any hours and that’s apparent with all the gamebreaking bugs that stay for months. And we still have no anticheat or active staff during school hours and a gamebreakin go faction exploit that literally destroys any competition #FreeSkycade.
Awh, lots of love cheers for atleast backing it, I doubt anything will happen though. <3 #FreeSkycade

xlSupreme

Diamond
xlSupreme
xlSupreme
Diamond
Kind of. I was demoted for slating management publicly, which I really didn’t do, all I did was agree with a single forums post before a warning was issued to the entire staff team. Other part was talking bad about a staff member which yea I’ll cough up to.
Thats what Fallen got demoted for aswell,

Hairball

xlSparrow
xlSparrow
First of all: It's so nice to see GGSkycade back!

Then to the threat. I agree with everything said. Skycade has went down hill. The staff these days isn't great and it seems like we get more problems/bugs than what gets solved. The cannoning sucks, the promised epearls are no where to be seen, staff does what ever they want and players just have to adapt and not complain.

We once contacted Jack regarding the situation when things escalated but nothing happened. It feels like there is a great communication gap between staff and players. And even greater one between Jack and players. Jack rarely comes online (visibly) and only minecraft videos he makes aren't even skycade related. It feels like Skycade has become staff's playground. Staff does what ever they want and players just have to live with it. There has even been situations where so called minimods have had to help players even though there has been staff online that could have helped them.

#freexl #MakeSkycadeGreatAgain #unmutesupreme #scared

Rust

Rust
Rust
Another day, another one of these dumb posts about how awful and dead skycade is. Skycade isn't gonna change, stop wasting your precious time writing these dumb threads.
wise words from a cool guy.... listen up new gens

benjyboing

An ounce a day, to escape the pain.
Diamond
Iron
benjyboing
benjyboing
Diamond
As staff get higher through the ranks they become more and more egotistical. Alex is living proof of that, I can’t imagine him ever admitting wrong. If someone tells him this then they are disrespectful, if someone complains about a long standing bug then they are impatient. You see it with staff too, if you give an actual valid reason that a ban/mute is invalid there’s no point in bringing it up with the staff who banned you as they are too narrow minded to look at any other views but there own. It seems Admin is where there mentality changes, it stops becoming about the community helping players and instead it’s all about a number “how many people can I ban today”, “how many forums posts can I reply to today”, “how many people can I warn today”. The only ones to be truely helpful to players are players.

Yes

Planet - swooshhh
Diamond
JustMossad
JustMossad
Diamond
Imagine thinking Skycade would change things because of this thread

Taon2

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
I'd like to clear some things up from this thread, before locking it.
We hear your shouts, there's already countless things on the forums here that yell about us. I just want to clarify false things that I see.
Devs are barely given any hours and that’s apparent with all the gamebreaking bugs that stay for months.
Devs aren't "given" hours to work. We work as much as necessary/possible and get paid per hour. When I'm not in class or working on homework, I'm normally working on Skycade somehow. Yes, bugs do come around and stick around, but they do get fixed. We're crunched on time sometimes, and we just recruited a new developer to help ease these problems and our time crunches.

It seems Admin is where there mentality changes, it stops becoming about the community helping players and instead it’s all about a number “how many people can I ban today”, “how many forums posts can I reply to today”, “how many people can I warn today”.
Admins rarely make an effort to ban tons of people per day, or do other things a lower rank can. Admins work with the developers on upcoming resets for configurations and other things, as well as helping players in game with things other ranks cannot. You could say you're right where Admin things change, because Admins aren't expected to grind out ban after ban but rather work on tasks and upcoming features.

I say this every thread I see and reply to, but we all hear what you're saying. We're constantly working on things to benefit the gamemodes and the server as a whole, putting more time and effort into testing before things release. With some upcoming launches, things are being tested quite a lot more before we launch, so hopefully that will being some peace of mind to people.
I'm locking this before things get derailed, but please do consider what I've said here. Don't make arguments you have no knowledge about. They don't work.
Locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.