What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Remove Infection Completely

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Title says it all.

In the latest KitPVP patch, Taon mentioned that Infection would only show up 1/2 the time it used to occur before. While a nice change, I still believe that the majority of KitPVP players would like to see it gone. Here's why:

1.) Everyone dislikes it
2.) Infection usually lasts about 2 minutes before the "infected" quits or does /spawn
3.) Everybody does /spawn anyway so they get their kit back
4.) In the rare chances that an infection lasts in its entirety, there's no rewards given out (bug?), hence no incentive to even play the gamemode.

The Kill The King gamemode is much better and more fun in my opinion. Buff the times that appears in rotation, and remove infection completely, and maybe even replace it with something else that the community would enjoy.

Credit to @ANewHope for the SS
unknown.png

UltraFishMan

Diamond
AussieViscus
AussieViscus
Diamond
Have to agree here lol.

Sara7645

Always Classy and a little bit sassy 🤪🍭
Staff member
Diamond
Sara7645
Sara7645
I agree, infection makes me cry.

Kwuffin

Absolute weeb
Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond
As I do quite dislike the event because somehow it always occurs when I'm mid-fight, I don't want it to be removed completely because of one reason:
All that hard work that the devs put into it is gone and I think the devs don't want that to be completely removed too.

I'd rather have the event to be revamped

I have a few suggestions bellow:

- Having a timer that shows you when the next event is gonna be and what event it is, like on Factions with KOTH.

- Having players vote every hour which event they want, the event with the most votes will be on in 15 minutes.

- Make players be able to not participate in the events with a command like /eventtoggle

Have to agree here lol.
I agree, infection makes me cry.
Also, don't post farm n00bs!!!

NotDebut

Head4che
Head4che
Well, Infection is a pain in the neck, some people still enjoy it. (not me) I think we shall do a vote on the latest announcements.

Sombu

Banned innit
Diamond
Iron
zSom
zSom
Diamond
I don't play kitpvp much, but I hate infection! +1

Bubble1118

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚
Diamond
Gold
Bwbble
Bwbble
Diamond
Ive played kitpvp like 2 times but I hate infection its terrible.

dustylog

Cos <3
Diamond
lifeofjay
lifeofjay
Diamond
Title says it all.

In the latest KitPVP patch, Taon mentioned that Infection would only show up 1/2 the time it used to occur before. While a nice change, I still believe that the majority of KitPVP players would like to see it gone. Here's why:

1.) Everyone dislikes it
2.) Infection usually lasts about 2 minutes before the "infected" quits or does /spawn
3.) Everybody does /spawn anyway so they get their kit back
4.) In the rare chances that an infection lasts in its entirety, there's no rewards given out (bug?), hence no incentive to even play the gamemode.

The Kill The King gamemode is much better and more fun in my opinion. Buff the times that appears in rotation, and remove infection completely, and maybe even replace it with something else that the community would enjoy.

Credit to @ANewHope for the SS
View attachment 7648
oh hey look it’s me!

anyway yeah i agree. replace it with something else, and give bloody rewards fgs. my first time playing i killed the kind and waited for a reward. a good reward would be a crate key in my opinion. not too op but also good. and make it like once every 6 hours or something

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
Its sooooooo bad

Oinkie oof

quit but still visits forums
Diamond
Iron
SadSharinganLvl3
SadSharinganLvl3
Diamond
i agree with dis, i dont play kitpvp much but u might see me there messing around tryna kill people but failing or wutnot, ive seen alot of people hate this event thing and i was wondering how bad it could possibly be. when i expirienced it for the first time i realized how bad it really is lol, +1

Last edited:

TessieBear76

imagine being a minimod
Diamond
Gold
Iron
TessieBearr
TessieBearr
Diamond
I play kitpvp pretty often, and still see this event a lot- and everyone usually isn’t happy about it. As mentioned above though, the devs put a lot of hard work into infection and it would be cool to see it revamped, but otherwise it is a big pain
+1

BirbPerson

egirl
Diamond
Gold
Iron
dlyn
dlyn
Diamond
they already said they wont remove it :(

Taon2

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
We dont fancy entirely removing it. My questions for kitpvp players:

1. If we fixed/added prizes to infection, and improved the style of it, would you play it?
2. What features could improve the Infection event?
3. What sort of prizes would be good for Infection/KillTheKing?
4. Anything else regarding the events that you want to shout about?

Ill keep notifications on for this thread, throw me ideas and Ill consider them after Skyblock is all done and dusted.

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
My questions for kitpvp players:

1. If we fixed/added prizes to infection, and improved the style of it, would you play it?
2. How would you enjoy it to be improved?

Ill keep notifications on for this thread, throw me ideas and Ill consider them after Skyblock is all done and dusted.
1.) If we had an announcement of sorts, or a warning of infection coming, say 2 minutes before, I think we'd like that, seeing as it's sudden appearance often ruins many fights / other stuff happening. I'm still borderline about playing it though, it would have to be majorly improved seeing as the majority of the playerbase dislikes it. I'll edit this with my updates as I think of ways to improve it.
2.) Maybe you could make infection more community involved, say, sort of like the "zombies" mode from COD, where if a person is "tagged" they join the infected. For both gamemodes, maybe a leaderboards for most times survived as king / most people tagged while infected?
3.) Coins, buffs (ex the 30 minute double coin booster, maybe 5-10 minutes for the winner?), some people say kit keys but in my opinion that's too powerful.
4.) I'll update this part if I can think of anything

Oinkie oof

quit but still visits forums
Diamond
Iron
SadSharinganLvl3
SadSharinganLvl3
Diamond
mabye make the event less of a surprise, like give it an announcment leik: [infection event starting in *wutever the oof time*] or somtin like that
i like answering questions but im not a kitpvp mainer but hey im bored ill answer some questions
wait vm i dont hav answers to anything i main smp i suck at pvp so bye oof

Last edited:

BirbPerson

egirl
Diamond
Gold
Iron
dlyn
dlyn
Diamond

I think the biggest problem with infection is that it forces everyone to play it. It becomes annoying if you can't do anything about it. Kill the king is much better because it doesn't force the whole server to do something they may not want to do. Due to the nature of infection, I don't think there's a good way of fixing that, so that's why I think it should be removed.

Smooth

Diamond
Gold
Smoothed
Smoothed
Diamond
although the event itself is bad and tedious, once the event is over you get a full kit refresh for free, its easy you just need to get hit by the kid in the green armour and boom you keep your current kill streak and get a full kit refresh, i really don't understand why people want this removed so bad? just keep it in the game jfc.

Kwuffin

Absolute weeb
Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond

As stated in my last post,
I’d like to have a timer like factions that tells you when the next event is going to occur and which event it’s gonna be.
Or
Making players have the option to not participate with a command like
/eventtoggle

Taon2

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
A command to "opt-out" of an event is on the table, but it seems it would only be used for infection because thats the only one that people would opt out of.

Quackel -Rico

The Best Quacker in the game
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
Quackel
Quackel
Emerald
A command to "opt-out" of an event is on the table, but it seems it would only be used for infection because thats the only one that people would opt out of.
Or you could do it that people have to Click Join event or something and the event would take place in another map