Repetitive Forums Thread

Duckowap

Gamer
Emerald
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
Emerald
Y'all probably know me, but if you don't I'm Duckowap, I'm an ex mod so I kinda know how some of this stuff at least used to work.

The topic of this thread is repetitive "Taking a break" or "Quitting" threads. There are far too many of these on the forums. People who may only be leaving for a few days feel the need to post threads talking about. I honestly stopped playing Skycade and Minecraft as a whole, at least on PC, about six months ago, yet I never made a short thread that clutters the forums. People can usually tell if you're leaving the community and if they can't and wonder where you are or you need to alert the community, a status update will usually do. Most people just do these types of post for the reactions or "clout" and just want to see how people will respond.

My suggestion is to have these types of threads disallowed and ask people to kindly post this update on their feed. They mainly just clog up the forums and their purpose can be fulfilled by a simple status update. Remember, this is just my opinion, and you may not agree so please speak up and share your ideas and opinions.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

D

Deleted member 5779

Y'all probably know me, but if you don't I'm Duckowap, I'm an ex mod so I kinda know how some of this stuff at least used to work.

The topic of this thread is repetitive "Taking a break" or "Quitting" threads. There are far too many of these on the forums. People who may only be leaving for a few days feel the need to post threads talking about. I honestly stopped playing Skycade and Minecraft as a whole, at least on PC, about six months ago, yet I never made a short thread that clutters the forums. People can usually tell if you're leaving the community and if they can't and wonder where you are or you need to alert the community, a status update will usually do. Most people just do these types of post for the reactions or "clout" and just want to see how people will respond.

My suggestion is to have these types of threads disallowed and ask people to kindly post this update on their feed. They mainly just clog up the forums and their purpose can be fulfilled by a simple status update. Remember, this is just my opinion, and you may not agree so please speak up and share your ideas and opinions.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
This is very true. Although I wouldn't remove it, I think threads with the title "I'm quitting" shouldn't be allowed but ones where they are trying to explain a situation about something in their life should be fine. Ones with just 1-2 sentence just saying they are quitting shouldn't be allowed but with some exceptions.
"I am quitting. I hope you all have a fun life."-Ew person.

"I am quitting skycade, although I do not want to go into too much details. just know that you won't be seeing me around any longer. If you are reading this, have a nice day..."-Genuine Person (yes genuine as in not faking shit and wasting time).

Fent

Fentamon
Fentamon
I made a similar thread before but people can't seem to stfu. It's honestly annoying and the people that parade this behaviour are just as stupid.

Kwuffin

Fulltime pain in the ass
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
No, keep it as it is, I wanna find out if the people need attention, or if they are genuinely taking a break/quitting.

Last edited:

PotatoKinGA

The Potato King
Emerald
Diamond
PotatoKinGA
PotatoKinGA
Emerald
I completely agree, besides for some people a goodbye thread means a lot to them because they really feel a part of this community and want to see people responding who also seem sad to see them go to make them feel wanted. It is something that we have studied in psychology classes so I can see why people like it and why some people really won’t want to stop them, it’s usually the introverted people though who won’t then disagree with this forum because they don’t want to go against people. Maybe just make introductions and quitting one set section so that these people can still do this and feel somewhat special without annoying the people who really dony care.

D

Deleted member 7483

they already lock threads that do this

TrySimple

Factions Manager & Sr. Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
I feel like those types of posts are definitely for a profile post, but I can understand if it's a staff member resigning.

D

Deleted member 5779

I feel like those types of posts are definitely for a profile post, but I can understand if it's a staff member resigning.
The point I was trying to make is that quitting should be genuine, not a poorly thought of sentence/overused line. The people who have done this (I am not going to point out anyone) have gotten many likes on their thread but I wasn't annoyed about that. I was annoyed because having made the thread, they create a massive stir by getting on the server again. And the worst part is instead of putting sense into this person who "quit", it's mostly people moaning about how they "missed him/her" and "Come back please!" I am not saying you should respond negatively, but it should not have to take up unnecessary time of individuals actually trying to help the server. (Sure I can just ignore these "I'm quitting threads" but if someone were actually quitting, they must have left some kind of impact on the community, not necessarily just for staff members leaving e.t.c) There is just a lot of people who earned these titles a bad reputation by lying.

TrySimple

Factions Manager & Sr. Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
The point I was trying to make is that quitting should be genuine, not a poorly thought of sentence/overused line. The people who have done this (I am not going to point out anyone) have gotten many likes on their thread but I wasn't annoyed about that. I was annoyed because having made the thread, they create a massive stir by getting on the server again. And the worst part is instead of putting sense into this person who "quit", it's mostly people moaning about how they "missed him/her" and "Come back please!" I am not saying you should respond negatively, but it should not have to take up unnecessary time of individuals actually trying to help the server. (Sure I can just ignore these "I'm quitting threads" but if someone were actually quitting, they must have left some kind of impact on the community, not necessarily just for staff members leaving e.t.c) There is just a lot of people who earned these titles a bad reputation by lying.
Yeah I understand that I forgot to mention another part idk where it went I was on my phone, I was going to say that it has to be people that as you said left an impact while also actually leaving. I've noticed fewer leaving threads as people see that they'll just be annoyed by others and the end result is that they were just out and not playing Minecraft for two days.

P

pipecek

Leaving Skycade because I can for 16 hours, very sad I know. Ye, needs to be added, super annoying to see "leaving skycade 4ever" and then the next thing you know, they are back...

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.