What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Requirements for Buying Stuff

DiamondPandaDP

DiamondPandaDP
DiamondPandaDP
So Jack on Day 1 of Trolling Week had given out 500 free iron ranks. What bugs me is I've seen at least 25 bedrock players believing it works for them and wasting a spot for people that could actually use a rank.

Basically my suggestion is: You have to actually have logged on to the server before buying ranks and stuff and if you haven't it will give you an error. Plus bedrock players could even waste money on stuff they can't use because Skycade is not on Bedrock. Also in the future can prevent these promo codes from getting used.

Thank you for your time.

kiwi

kiwicat42
kiwicat42
Good idea

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
No, what if minecraft isnt working and you want to use the code to get the rank? so for me -1
honestly, this is a decent idea where in the sense only players who've actually joined the server before can actually use the code rather than tons of randoms joining to just get a rank and leave.

I saw about 50 iron ranks on the first day and now it's down to 3-5 on factions, clearly these players didn't need the rank they just wanted it because it was free and they didn't bother spending money on a server they'd want to play.

if you want a thing from the store, you shouldn't get to buy it until you've logged in, though this was already a feature on the store so correct me if I'm wrong.

kiwi

kiwicat42
kiwicat42
I still think that it's a good idea for you to have to be in-game to get the ranks or atleast been on in the last 24 hours

DiamondPandaDP

DiamondPandaDP
DiamondPandaDP
No, what if minecraft isnt working and you want to use the code to get the rank? so for me -1
i said you have to have logged in before not logged in whilst buying stuff.

subaluwa

subaluwa
subaluwa
Good suggestion, don't see any drawbacks.

D

Deleted member 15066

24h may be a bit long as it may put off paying customers who want to spend money.
I still think that it's a good idea for you to have to be in-game to get the ranks or atleast been on in the last 24 hours

JayTechTipsYT

just a rando
Diamond
Gold
Iron
JayTechTipsYT
JayTechTipsYT
Diamond
Awesome idea, just Tebex (buycraft) doesn't support this unfortunately, although it supports a similar feature where in the package options they can hide it from non logged in players so you must have a Tebex account for that to work although not many people would have that.

On my server we have a package where if you buy it, well you get OP it's $1000 but we don't want noobs getting it , so we did what J mentioned before and made it for logged in players only.

If Tebex introduce this feature it would be awesome, unfortunately they don't have a support system so you can't submit a ticket or ask for support directly.

Hope this helps!

MarvelDC

forgets functions I wrote yesterday
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond
MarvelDC
MarvelDC
Senior Moderator
Awesome idea, just Tebex (buycraft) doesn't support this unfortunately, although it supports a similar feature where in the package options they can hide it from non logged in players so you must have a Tebex account for that to work although not many people would have that.

On my server (--cut-- don't buy anything unless your gonna play I don't wanna get in trouble for advertising) we have a package where if you buy it, well you get OP it's $1000 but we don't want noobs getting it , so we did what J mentioned before and made it for logged in players only.

If Tebex introduce this feature it would be awesome, unfortunately they don't have a support system so you can't submit a ticket or ask for support directly.

Hope this helps!
Don't advertise.

DiamondPandaDP

DiamondPandaDP
DiamondPandaDP
24h may be a bit long as it may put off paying customers who want to spend money.
Maybe it could be last month or even 2 weeks or something around there.

On my server we have a package where if you buy it, well you get OP it's $1000 but we don't want noobs getting it , so we did what J mentioned before and made it for logged in players only.

Hope this helps!
Is that the plugin Skycade uses for purchases?

Xechro

too active for my own good | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond

Bitterli

Where is DCI 2020?
Emerald
Diamond
Bitterli
Bitterli
Emerald
This is a good idea. The only issue that may arise is the idea of a new person joining just to get the rank and leave. The work around is a time playing limit but at that point it may as well not be a free rank. But I was unaware of people from Bedrock still being able to buy ranks. I would think the two services would have their own authentication and username databases.
Also, there is a way to let bedrock players connect to PC servers (there's a proxy software like Bungeecord) you can use but it only works for PC bedrock because Pocket Edition doesn't allow third-party servers anymore. That could also be an idea but I haven't personally tried it and I don't know how CURSED it is but just some food for thought.

DiamondPandaDP

DiamondPandaDP
DiamondPandaDP
This is a good idea. The only issue that may arise is the idea of a new person joining just to get the rank and leave. The work around is a time playing limit but at that point it may as well not be a free rank. But I was unaware of people from Bedrock still being able to buy ranks. I would think the two services would have their own authentication and username databases.
Also, there is a way to let bedrock players connect to PC servers (there's a proxy software like Bungeecord) you can use but it only works for PC bedrock because Pocket Edition doesn't allow third-party servers anymore. That could also be an idea but I haven't personally tried it and I don't know how CURSED it is but just some food for thought.
I literally like saw people that play on Xbox trying to redeem the codes. This is the main reason I came up with this idea is for that reason but a time playing limit maybe like join one gamemode, and play on it for 10 minutes and that must have been done in the last 2 weeks of the time you buy something.

kiwi

kiwicat42
kiwicat42
I literally like saw people that play on Xbox trying to redeem the codes. This is the main reason I came up with this idea is for that reason but a time playing limit maybe like join one gamemode, and play on it for 10 minutes and that must have been done in the last 2 weeks of the time you buy something.
good idea

JayTechTipsYT

just a rando
Diamond
Gold
Iron
JayTechTipsYT
JayTechTipsYT
Diamond
Tebex (buycraft) has the option, to set up a Bedrock store, as well as a store for other games. But a Minecraft IGn is a Minecraft IGN so when Skycade asks for your IGN it just thinks that you are on Java.

Don't post farm this is staed on the forums rules; https://skycade.net/threads/forum-rules.40473/ leave a like if you think that its a good idea, do not post farm!

kiwi

kiwicat42
kiwicat42
Tebex (buycraft) has the option, to set up a Bedrock store, as well as a store for other games. But a Minecraft IGn is a Minecraft IGN so when Skycade asks for your IGN it just thinks that you are on Java.

Don't post farm this is staed on the forums rules; https://skycade.net/threads/forum-rules.40473/ leave a like if you think that its a good idea, do not post farm!
Not meaning to farm post dude sorry but I'm not going to. Stop