Revised Ban Lengths

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Joe, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Joe

Joe Carrot King
    Staff Member Administrator Youtuber

As you may have noticed our player count has risen considerably in recent times and, unfortunately, there has been substantial increase in those using hacks too. We want to continue to improve the time you have on Skycade and appreciate that it can be difficult to enjoy a factions experience that is occasionally tarnished with hackers.

Due to this (and the fact there have been a few suggestions both in-game and on the forums), I had a discussion with senior staff members about extending punishment lengths. We have since reconsidered and the new sanctions are as follows:

[​IMG]
    Please note the current rule for ban evasion will remain – ban time is doubled for every evasion.

Revised ban lengths will come into effect immediately.

Any ongoing punishments or any expired bans will not be extended, though please make a note that the new sanction times will be implemented for your next ban;

Eg. You have been banned once before for 7 days for using malicious hacks. You decide to use malicious hacks again. This is your second offence and due to the more severe punishments, you will now be perm banned.

This is not a decision that has been made lightly but we hope that lengthening the bans of offenders will discourage others from using hacked clients too. For a full list of mods that are allowed on Skycade, please click here.

#1 Joe, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2016
    Aim_, jacksucksatMC_, Forbi and 11 others like this.
  2. Nate Sage

Nate Sage New Member

3. JakeTheGamer24

4. Melongamer56

Melongamer56 Supporter of the community

Why is Xray 14d it is a Malicious Hack and is equally as bad as kill-aura in some cases.

5. WelshAlex

WelshAlex I use this to procrastinate real life
    Staff Member Senior Moderator

We determined xray was not at the same level as other malicious hacks, primarily because it's only used in the overworld to find bad bases.

SweRv_Drake and loopydrippy like this.
  6. FenRoGo

FenRoGo Member

This is good, due to the fact that even after the ban expires they still do hack (Sometimes, not accusing anyone here). This makes sure that malicious hacks are dealt with quicker. Keep up the good word!

7. loopydrippy

loopydrippy Supporter of the community

I think this is an better system than the old 7day temp ban for hacks, because they could just come back and start hacking again in a week. Good job staff :)

8. IPv9

IPv9 Appreciated member of the community

I have an idea, if there could be a totally custom anticheat that could be made that way client developers will not be able to make bypasses as they will not know the code behind the checks.

Also, what if you were banned for "Malicious Hacks" then get unbanned because it was false. Does it still count as second offense if I were to get banned again?

#8 IPv9, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    loopydrippy likes this.
  9. loopydrippy

loopydrippy Supporter of the community

That would be good too. Thing is they would have to create/code their own. This would cost more time and money.

10. IPv9

Coding an anticheat is not difficult. However, if they were to do it, I don't see it as time/money wasted. If it prevents cheaters, which leads to less people complaining, etc. I see it as beneficial. All servers need an anticheat. If all these clients just bypass it, then then AAC, the current anticheat, is useless.

Plus, AAC is just a worsened version of NCP. NCP messes with PvP due to the outdated checks it still uses. Hit detection, delayed KB, etc. are all effects of a now highly outdated anticheat.

11. NovaHunterMC

NovaHunterMC SrMod // Youtuber
    Staff Member Senior Moderator

We'll buy the G.W.E.N Anti cheat then

FreddieDog7973 likes this.
  12. IPv9

GWEN is awful too. It's literally just AAC. Make a custom one so there is nothing client developers can do to find bypasses. Once a plugin is released to the internet you can just throw it away because it just becomes garbage. If you make a plugin that only Skycade has access too, no one will have access to the code so potential bypasses cannot be found.

#12 IPv9, Dec 13, 2016
  13. FreddieDog7973

FreddieDog7973 Appreciated member of the community

Plz no, it's so bad

14. FreddieDog7973

Been proved wrong :)

#14 FreddieDog7973, Dec 13, 2016
  15. IPv9

I did and my anticheat totally negates reach modules, totally blocks aimbot, both smooth and blatant, and a shit ton of other stuff too. It's really not that hard.

16. FreddieDog7973

The only thing is, you get spammed 'stop using aim bot' can you change that? And you should do a proper show off of it using wurst and all the shet clients out there. And get some control tests too (not using hacks and strafing)

Ps nice client ;)

17. IPv9

That's just for the video. We can make it perform any command we want. Now it just autobans people.

It also acts like an AI, meaning that it learns from the logs it sets off. We trained it with legit PvP from a few good PvPers. After it got familiar with what a legit person is we then started training it with different clients and ghostclients. Now it can pretty easily tell the difference.

18. FreddieDog7973

+1 get this on skycade

19. Joe

Joe Carrot King
    Staff Member Administrator Youtuber

ok this is a discussion as to our new ban lengths not an advertising page for u k

20. IPv9

"advertising"

I'm not meaning to. I'm showing you options. AAC is not the greatest as you can observe by the amount of cheaters you are discussing in this thread.

#20 IPv9, Dec 13, 2016