What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rewrite of Skycade Rules + Fixing of /rules

MomTookMyVape

MomTookMyVape
MomTookMyVape
The current in-game rules for the Skycade server can be found here.

This thread is being created to shine a light on the current rules of the Skycade server and how they should be rewritten.

The current in-game rules are outdated and I personally see them as a big problem.

The main problem that I see with the current rules is how vague the rules are. I understand that there is absolutely no need to go fully into detail for every rule, but some rules definitely need to have more information attached to them. Moderation is to be taken seriously and defining these rules a bit more can help reduce some bans.

The command "/rules" in the server is also broken, which puts users at risk because displaying the command doesn't show all the rules of the server. To acquire more information about the rules, it instructs you to visit this part of the forum which practically takes you nowhere. (takes you here)

One final thing before I end off this thread, I would like to mention a rule not mentioned within SMP.

The main mode that I play on the Skycade server is SMP, and If you are unaware of what a "perm-pack" is, it is a pack that once bought in SMP, gives you essential commands, one of them being "/fly".

However, you are not allowed to use the command "/fly" in the Nether, End, and the miningworld. (miningworld is the resource harvesting place for SMP - you can, however, use fly in the Build World, which is basically the main hub for SMP)

The problem is, flying in these specific places is considered "bug-abuse" and you are subject to being banned on the server. This rule is however not stated on the official rules and I risked getting banned on the server because I was unaware of this rule. This is definitely a problem, as someone who moved from Skyblock to SMP was not aware of this rule and got banned for it. (ban appeal linked here) I would appreciate if this was clarified in the rules, and even on the shop where you can buy the perm-pack.

I'd like to thank this thread by Super_Freq for more information about the SMP flying rule.

I would like to hear the community standing on the rules. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Crazy Mazy

CrazyMazyYT
CrazyMazyYT
Would be helpful, also clarify more moderns rules like cannoning and stuff

kiwi

kiwichan42
kiwichan42
yes this is a good idea cause i have almost been banned cause of this

Gestured

Am pro pvp!!1
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Gestured
Gestured
Diamond
Yeah good idea but it would take a ton of time xd

MomTookMyVape

MomTookMyVape
MomTookMyVape
Yeah good idea but it would take a ton of time xd

I can definitely see it taking a lot of time to rewrite all the rules, but putting a new link to the /rules shouldn't be all that difficult I assume.

Taon2

Junior Developer
Staff member
Jr. Dev
Taon2
Taon2
Jr. Dev
Pretty sure that's coming up semi-soon, so don't worry, things will be cleaned up.

kiwi

kiwichan42
kiwichan42
Pretty sure that's coming up semi-soon, so don't worry, things will be cleaned up.
that's awesome that we get new rules will the be more inforsed now as well like on SMP with no griefing

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
I'm too scared to even play other game modes like that as there are so many rules that aren't even on the rules