What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SB - Anti-Grief systems

FinestHops

EPOC16
EPOC16
SB seems to need systems in place to prevent griefing. A couple days in a row we have seen cooped players stealing everything. BUT because we cant record our islands 24/7, its impossible to prove when this happens. Something needs to be done. It cant be THAT hard to have a plugin that logs spawners being broken, diamond, emerald and gold block breaks and so forth.

This has happened now to at least 3 people in the last couple weeks. The response from the latest one is "if its not recorded, we cant do anything about it" which is not a great answer at all. PLEASE implement something. I would love to team up with someone but its too risky. Too many kids getting the idea that they can do this and get away with it because they can. Unless you see them and record them doing it, there is literally no protection against it.

blooff

Diamond
Iron
ffoolB
ffoolB
Diamond
CoreProtect is a plugin which will do this i think :)

FinestHops

EPOC16
EPOC16
CoreProtect is a plugin which will do this i think :)
That's a good one I have seen and used in the past. If I am not mistaken, it also allows for a single command to revert damages too.

blooff

Diamond
Iron
ffoolB
ffoolB
Diamond
That's a good one I have seen and used in the past. If I am not mistaken, it also allows for a single command to revert damages too.
Yeah I've used it before it seems like something which will solve the griefing

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Builder
Emerald
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Builder
tbh smp needs this more ^

FluffyBean17

Huge persona 5 nerd - Rando - Greek myth nerd
Diamond
FluffyBean17
FluffyBean17
Emerald
Coreprotect is very good for placing block griefing too, You can tell who placed it

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Diamond
Coreprotect would create more lag for sb, as would most block log plugins I know of. Unless you want even more lag on sb, not really gonna happen.

Sazo

Stomache
Stomache
They already have this plugin im pretty sure? Also i agree with Hugo smp does need it way more. As it is easier to inside/ steal items from your teammates

Steve1Killer

Gone
Diamond
Gold
Steve1Killer
Steve1Killer
Diamond
As Foodie said a block logging plugin such as CoreProtect would increase the lag more. WelshAlex has denied and locked many suggestions requesting it due to lag being generated from them. While it would be nice, it won’t likely happen. I suggest getting an alt or two and having them on an old/spare PC constantly recording.

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Diamond
They already have this plugin im pretty sure? Also i agree with Hugo smp does need it way more. As it is easier to inside/ steal items from your teammates
It does not have this plugin...

idlechipmunk24

Massive minimod
Diamond
idlechip
idlechip
Diamond
Pretty good idea, hope it gets implemented.

TheJSB

Love is made for everyone <3
Diamond
Iron
TheJsB
TheJsB
Diamond
I have a question...
Were the people that greifed OP'd/trusted on the island?
How can you greif otherwise?...
It then is just that you shouldn't trust just somebody on your island and then just untrust them and kick them of the island...
Why need a plugin when your island is always protected unless you add someone to your island?

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Diamond
I have a question...
It then is just that you shouldn't trust just somebody on your island and then just untrust them and kick them of the island...
Why need a plugin when your island is always protected unless you add someone to your island?
Because people are scummy... They gain your trust to get access to your island and then grief it maybe? It's rather simple tbh...

Foaps

Foaps
Foaps
The thing is, even long time friends can inside people, like me and my friend himiooo. Even though I'm not sure she inside'd me half of my enchantment tools and heads were gone. You never know that even your best friends would do it, you could easily say "then don't have them as your friend". If you act as a trust issue freak then you'll never really have fun and force yourself to do everything by themselves.

Also TheJSB you didn't mention the fact that you might be building an island with someone and that person could've inside'd you too, you really have way to prevent being inside'd if the stars align. It's really easy to lie online so you'll never know if they really did inside you

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Coreprotect would create more lag for sb, as would most block log plugins I know of. Unless you want even more lag on sb, not really gonna happen.
Not a lot more just a bit more like any plugin like that would its essentially the same as running 2 anti cheats at the same time if Skycade fixed there lag for once in there like 13 seasons they could possibly have stuff like this.

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Diamond
Not a lot more just a bit more like any plugin like that would its essentially the same as running 2 anti cheats at the same time if Skycade fixed there lag for once in there like 13 seasons they could possibly have stuff like this.
Ah ok, I'm not really good with plugins etc, would be nice to have this plugin though :(

FinestHops

EPOC16
EPOC16
Then make a post suggesting it. I dont play on SMP all that much but if it does not have it, then yeh, it probably should too.

FinestHops

EPOC16
EPOC16
I have a question...
This didnt happen to me but yes they were. However, to my knowledge, unlike in Factions, this type of nature is not allowed on SB. Insiding I think its called. Even some of the most liked people on a server can do this. Many are kids and no offense, but kids can be prone to emotional breakdowns and acting out if they dont get their way.

No more than any other plugin honestly. CoreProtect creates more lag on a server like SMP where it needs to log a lot more than on a server like SB. Then, it can be configured to not log in the mining worlds which would be really the only place to create lag. The thing with core protect, if you know how to set it up, it can actually be VERY lightweight. For example... you can set it to log common items only like spawners, diamond, gold and emerald blocks, etc. Keep common blocks like stone out of it. Sure, if someone breaks your stone then they might not be found but 9 times out of 10, they are going to break your spawners or valuable blocks.... and chests. Log only what needs to be logged and you reduce lag, as well as storage space for the logging, though honestly, the space it takes already is minimal at best.

FinestHops

EPOC16
EPOC16
The thing is, even long time friends can inside people, like me and my friend himiooo. Even though I'm not sure she inside'd me half of my enchantment tools and heads were gone. You never know that even your best friends would do it, you could easily say "then don't have them as your friend". If you act as a trust issue freak then you'll never really have fun and force yourself to do everything by themselves.

Also TheJSB you didn't mention the fact that you might be building an island with someone and that person could've inside'd you too, you really have way to prevent being inside'd if the stars align. It's really easy to lie online so you'll never know if they really did inside you

One of the reasons I play solo. Since there is no protection against griefing and the admins cant/wont do anything about it.... who do you trust? If I dont know someone IRL, I am not likely to trust them unless I have been gaming with them for years. Hell, I run another community totally unrelated to this server or even game and my admins are only given so much trust. I dont let them edit the core of the forums or even have access to any backups. I am VERY picky with admins and yet still have had an instance of an admin attempting to delete the games server and files because unfortunatly, to do their job, admins need access to the RDS for this game. If even people I trust most in my own community would resort to something like that, why would I trust any random people on a skyblock server if I know there is no protection against those actions?