What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Season 11 / OPFactions Hiatus + KitMap Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Hello! The announcement so many of you have been waiting for is here, all the details on season 11 of Factions and OPFactions, and KitMap's future.

First and foremost as lots of you have been speculating I can confirm that OPFactions is being put on indefinite hiatus. What this means is that it won't be launching when we launch season 11 of Classic Factions but it's very possible that it will return at an undisclosed time in the near or not so near future!

So yes, season 11 of factions will be... just Classic Factions. The reason for this is OPFactions didn't have as large a playercount and we feel both groups of players - OP and Classic - would both benefit from playing on the same realm for season 11. It will create more competition, more things to do and generally more fun for everyone involved.

Season 11 will launch on Saturday the 13th of October at 6pm UK time. The grace period (No TNT or Creepers) will last exactly 1 week.

Season 11 details!

Faction details

- 15 man factions
- 1 ally
- 225 claim limit
- Only 1 layer of regens per base. Only regens that are allowed are normal regens and minechat regens. Other regens will get your faction punished.

World details

- Overworld border of 15k
- Nether border of 3k
- End border of 5k
- Flat, bedrock end floor

Event details

- KOTHs 4 times a day with unique rewards
- Weekly Conquest on Sundays 8pm UK time
- Daily Airdrops (airdrops will no longer include f top rods)

Misc details

- 2 minute super golden apple cooldown
- Custom enchants will still be enabled, but will be adjusted for balance (some will be nerfed)
- Insiding will still get you put onto a list that will negatively effect any faction that invites you, but the list will be reset from s10.

F top details!!!

As I mentioned in my last post about season 10 faction top will be overhauled. For the first time we'll be using a spawner value based f top, meaning any spawner placed anywhere in your claimed land will add to your /f top score - and better spawners will add more value to your faction's place on f top.
We're also incorporating events into this by adding spawners unobtainable elsewhere into events, such as Conquest in which Ghast spawners will be available to winners and will have the highest value on /f top spawner value.

This means that players are encouraged to spend to get higher on f top, not just save. It means players are encouraged to raid more to try and get other spawners, and it means that being raided has a really negative effect on your f top position. It also means grinding isn't the only important thing, factions will benefit hugely from being active and good at PvP - those that win events will have an easier time climbing the f top leaderboard than those that don't.

The future of KitMap

As we're closing OPFactions for an unspecified amount of time KitMap will remain open as a permanent gamemode, which means it's here to stay! KitMap resets will be every 2 months, and we'll be working to add more to KitMap including:
- Killstreak rewards
- KOTHs several times a day
- Supply drops
- More traps and places to PvP

And that's all the news I have for you today, if you've got any questions or feel like I missed something let me know by replying to this thread. I'm excited for season 11 and I hope all of you are too. Remember, October 13th 6pm UK time!

vBrad

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Diamond
vBrad
vBrad
Diamond
ooooh

MrSwalbert

Ex-Mod
Diamond
MrSwalbert
MrSwalbert
S11 hypeeeee!

Destroyer0719

Apollo719
Apollo719
YES!!! Love It! Can't wait until Season 11!

Viclyn_

Lunarlyn
Lunarlyn
Omg those tags were soooo worth, not a factions player but kitmap is going to be a permanent game mode!!? That's amazing

Nic

Staff member
Diamond
Nicilback
Nicilback
Ok, finally being a cannoner is more fun

nicbeast00

nicbeast00
nicbeast00
noice is there going be more type of spawners like endermen

TutionalDigi

Tutionaldigi#3839
Iron
Chicken_Dinosaur
Chicken_Dinosaur
Iron
Interesting developments and I'm interested to see what updates Happen to Kitmap as it is now perm game mode
For now I'm quite pleased with this new update

snoop

Diamond
SnoopTheLion
SnoopTheLion
Diamond
no op is better for the player base imo, even though ill miss it. hope people take it well.

Duckowap

Gamer
Staff member
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
can't wait boys!!

#EnvyOnTop

iiRyRy

ItsRy_
ItsRy_
HYPE!

#SuperiorS11

Narwhalpeep

Juli
Diamond
Narwhalpeep
Narwhalpeep
Diamond
I’m interested in how this is gonna go lol

DroppinqsBestSkycader

BigEGirl
BigEGirl
I’m interested in how this is gonna go lol
It’s gonna go like dis
I appeal
I get unbanend
I play for 2weeks
I get caught hacking
It was false
I complain since it’s my job
And I never get a chance ever again.

rk0660

Staff member
Diamond
rk0660
rk0660
I wonder how active KitMap will be after Factions is back up and running.

Regardless, great news!

Party

PartyMLGYT
PartyMLGYT
Only 1 LAYER u serious ._.

iiTimTam

iiTimmy
iiTimmy
We'll see how this goes..

30d

30d
30d
Hello! The announcement so many of you have been waiting for is here, all the details on season 11 of Factions and OPFactions, and KitMap's future.

First and foremost as lots of you have been speculating I can confirm that OPFactions is being put on indefinite hiatus. What this means is that it won't be launching when we launch season 11 of Classic Factions but it's very possible that it will return at an undisclosed time in the near or not so near future!

So yes, season 11 of factions will be... just Classic Factions. The reason for this is OPFactions didn't have as large a playercount and we feel both groups of players - OP and Classic - would both benefit from playing on the same realm for season 11. It will create more competition, more things to do and generally more fun for everyone involved.

Season 11 will launch on Saturday the 13th of October at 6pm UK time. The grace period (No TNT or Creepers) will last exactly 1 week.

Season 11 details!

Faction details

- 15 man factions
- 1 ally
- 225 claim limit
- Only 1 layer of regens per base. Only regens that are allowed are normal regens and minechat regens. Other regens will get your faction punished.

World details

- Overworld border of 15k
- Nether border of 3k
- End border of 5k
- Flat, bedrock end floor

Event details

- KOTHs 4 times a day with unique rewards
- Weekly Conquest on Sundays 8pm UK time
- Daily Airdrops (airdrops will no longer include f top rods)

Misc details

- 2 minute super golden apple cooldown
- Custom enchants will still be enabled, but will be adjusted for balance (some will be nerfed)
- Insiding will still get you put onto a list that will negatively effect any faction that invites you, but the list will be reset from s10.

F top details!!!

As I mentioned in my last post about season 10 faction top will be overhauled. For the first time we'll be using a spawner value based f top, meaning any spawner placed anywhere in your claimed land will add to your /f top score - and better spawners will add more value to your faction's place on f top.
We're also incorporating events into this by adding spawners unobtainable elsewhere into events, such as Conquest in which Ghast spawners will be available to winners and will have the highest value on /f top spawner value.

This means that players are encouraged to spend to get higher on f top, not just save. It means players are encouraged to raid more to try and get other spawners, and it means that being raided has a really negative effect on your f top position. It also means grinding isn't the only important thing, factions will benefit hugely from being active and good at PvP - those that win events will have an easier time climbing the f top leaderboard than those that don't.

The future of KitMap

As we're closing OPFactions for an unspecified amount of time KitMap will remain open as a permanent gamemode, which means it's here to stay! KitMap resets will be every 2 months, and we'll be working to add more to KitMap including:
- Killstreak rewards
- KOTHs several times a day
- Supply drops
- More traps and places to PvP

And that's all the news I have for you today, if you've got any questions or feel like I missed something let me know by replying to this thread. I'm excited for season 11 and I hope all of you are too. Remember, October 13th 6pm UK time!
What about the f top rewards and when we get s10 tag?

Noto1472

Big Boi
Staff member
Administrator
Noto1472
Noto1472
Senior Moderator
Another season of fractions is upon us bois. Op nether sky vault!

Status
Not open for further replies.