What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Season 11 / OPFactions Hiatus + KitMap Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unstating

ofh
ofh
good work boys

improved tntfill anytime soon? also im unsure of the tnt limit, is it 800 or 1k?

TogepiMax

SpOoPy 🥚
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
Hello! The announcement so many of you have been waiting for is here, all the details on season 11 of Factions and OPFactions, and KitMap's future.

First and foremost as lots of you have been speculating I can confirm that OPFactions is being put on indefinite hiatus. What this means is that it won't be launching when we launch season 11 of Classic Factions but it's very possible that it will return at an undisclosed time in the near or not so near future!

So yes, season 11 of factions will be... just Classic Factions. The reason for this is OPFactions didn't have as large a playercount and we feel both groups of players - OP and Classic - would both benefit from playing on the same realm for season 11. It will create more competition, more things to do and generally more fun for everyone involved.

Season 11 will launch on Saturday the 13th of October at 6pm UK time. The grace period (No TNT or Creepers) will last exactly 1 week.

Season 11 details!

Faction details

- 15 man factions
- 1 ally
- 225 claim limit
- Only 1 layer of regens per base. Only regens that are allowed are normal regens and minechat regens. Other regens will get your faction punished.

World details

- Overworld border of 15k
- Nether border of 3k
- End border of 5k
- Flat, bedrock end floor

Event details

- KOTHs 4 times a day with unique rewards
- Weekly Conquest on Sundays 8pm UK time
- Daily Airdrops (airdrops will no longer include f top rods)

Misc details

- 2 minute super golden apple cooldown
- Custom enchants will still be enabled, but will be adjusted for balance (some will be nerfed)
- Insiding will still get you put onto a list that will negatively effect any faction that invites you, but the list will be reset from s10.

F top details!!!

As I mentioned in my last post about season 10 faction top will be overhauled. For the first time we'll be using a spawner value based f top, meaning any spawner placed anywhere in your claimed land will add to your /f top score - and better spawners will add more value to your faction's place on f top.
We're also incorporating events into this by adding spawners unobtainable elsewhere into events, such as Conquest in which Ghast spawners will be available to winners and will have the highest value on /f top spawner value.

This means that players are encouraged to spend to get higher on f top, not just save. It means players are encouraged to raid more to try and get other spawners, and it means that being raided has a really negative effect on your f top position. It also means grinding isn't the only important thing, factions will benefit hugely from being active and good at PvP - those that win events will have an easier time climbing the f top leaderboard than those that don't.

The future of KitMap

As we're closing OPFactions for an unspecified amount of time KitMap will remain open as a permanent gamemode, which means it's here to stay! KitMap resets will be every 2 months, and we'll be working to add more to KitMap including:
- Killstreak rewards
- KOTHs several times a day
- Supply drops
- More traps and places to PvP

And that's all the news I have for you today, if you've got any questions or feel like I missed something let me know by replying to this thread. I'm excited for season 11 and I hope all of you are too. Remember, October 13th 6pm UK time!
:( I never got to join OPFactions.....:(:(
But, besides that, One week after the season 11 startup is my b-day!
YAY!!!

PhoenixHaven

PhoenixHaven
PhoenixHaven
Hello! The announcement so many of you have been waiting for is here, all the details on season 11 of Factions and OPFactions, and KitMap's future.

First and foremost as lots of you have been speculating I can confirm that OPFactions is being put on indefinite hiatus. What this means is that it won't be launching when we launch season 11 of Classic Factions but it's very possible that it will return at an undisclosed time in the near or not so near future!

So yes, season 11 of factions will be... just Classic Factions. The reason for this is OPFactions didn't have as large a playercount and we feel both groups of players - OP and Classic - would both benefit from playing on the same realm for season 11. It will create more competition, more things to do and generally more fun for everyone involved.

Season 11 will launch on Saturday the 13th of October at 6pm UK time. The grace period (No TNT or Creepers) will last exactly 1 week.

Season 11 details!

Faction details

- 15 man factions
- 1 ally
- 225 claim limit
- Only 1 layer of regens per base. Only regens that are allowed are normal regens and minechat regens. Other regens will get your faction punished.

World details

- Overworld border of 15k
- Nether border of 3k
- End border of 5k
- Flat, bedrock end floor

Event details

- KOTHs 4 times a day with unique rewards
- Weekly Conquest on Sundays 8pm UK time
- Daily Airdrops (airdrops will no longer include f top rods)

Misc details

- 2 minute super golden apple cooldown
- Custom enchants will still be enabled, but will be adjusted for balance (some will be nerfed)
- Insiding will still get you put onto a list that will negatively effect any faction that invites you, but the list will be reset from s10.

F top details!!!

As I mentioned in my last post about season 10 faction top will be overhauled. For the first time we'll be using a spawner value based f top, meaning any spawner placed anywhere in your claimed land will add to your /f top score - and better spawners will add more value to your faction's place on f top.
We're also incorporating events into this by adding spawners unobtainable elsewhere into events, such as Conquest in which Ghast spawners will be available to winners and will have the highest value on /f top spawner value.

This means that players are encouraged to spend to get higher on f top, not just save. It means players are encouraged to raid more to try and get other spawners, and it means that being raided has a really negative effect on your f top position. It also means grinding isn't the only important thing, factions will benefit hugely from being active and good at PvP - those that win events will have an easier time climbing the f top leaderboard than those that don't.

The future of KitMap

As we're closing OPFactions for an unspecified amount of time KitMap will remain open as a permanent gamemode, which means it's here to stay! KitMap resets will be every 2 months, and we'll be working to add more to KitMap including:
- Killstreak rewards
- KOTHs several times a day
- Supply drops
- More traps and places to PvP

And that's all the news I have for you today, if you've got any questions or feel like I missed something let me know by replying to this thread. I'm excited for season 11 and I hope all of you are too. Remember, October 13th 6pm UK time!
will we get a keyall :D jk but loving the plans you have for S11

Sprinteyd

xlSprint
xlSprint
sounds ok

Gestured

Am pro pvp!!1
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Theoretic
Theoretic
Diamond
15 man facs nice.

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
Yessss! Knew it!
And just 2 days after my birthday (when I get a pc that runs Minecraft higher than 20 FPS)

Last edited:

Joostagram

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Builder
Diamond
Joostagram
Joostagram
Admininistrator
What about the f top rewards and when we get s10 tag?
if you were in the top faction on op or reg factions, you'll get your rewards at the start of s11
good work boys

improved tntfill anytime soon? also im unsure of the tnt limit, is it 800 or 1k?
800 i believe

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
good work boys

We're looking into a more efficient TNTFill and the cap is 1k!

stinkycow

stinkycow
stinkycow
Im gonna build 17 regen walssss come find meh alex. lol

LiiBa

ultraLightt
ultraLightt
Disable lava water walls, add /printer to the server and make spawners cost money to mine

Last edited:

Amanwild [Your Toaster]

Diamond
Amanwild
Amanwild
Diamond
hmmmm
OP faction not here for s11
s11 is now just normal fac ....
Kitmap saying "perm" so its going to be a ruined for some
[I liked it being a small treat as we wait for new faction season]

Sprinteyd

xlSprint
xlSprint
Disable lava water walls, add /printer to the server and make spawners cost money to mine
why disable them? u just need insta hybrid, and thats ez to add

EddieStobart

not as toxic as foodie
Diamond
Gold
Elytras
Elytras
Diamond
All i played was opfacs. Time to pack my bags and head to factions! Competitivity is important in this gamemode, and cannot wait to see the next season!!!

Nic

Staff member
Diamond
Nicilback
Nicilback
Maybe for lava water walls bc of insta hybrid, and no for mining spawners cost

Sxurt

SXURT
SXURT
okay then... ig im coming back lmao

Smoothed

Smoothed#0183
Iron
Smoothed
Smoothed
Iron
i regret evading