What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Season 11 / OPFactions Hiatus + KitMap Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic

It really do be like that sometimes
Staff member
Diamond
Nicilback
Nicilback

unreal_ninja

Unreal_Ninja
Unreal_Ninja
@WelshAlex What about Claims will overclaiming be a thing now or still no?

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager

unreal_ninja

Unreal_Ninja
Unreal_Ninja
When a faction has more land than power their land automatically becomes grief-able.
I got that part but I meant if I'm raiding someone and I keep killing them and they keep coming back to their f home. I want to overclaim their f home so they can't keep coming back. Will that still not be a thing and you still won't be able to claim within 3 chunks of an area?

Thanks,

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
I got that part but I meant if I'm raiding someone and I keep killing them and they keep coming back to their f home. I want to overclaim their f home so they can't keep coming back. Will that still not be a thing and you still won't be able to claim within 3 chunks of an area?

Thanks,
Overclaiming will not be a thing.

Poppciccle

Diamond
poppciccle
poppciccle
Diamond
COOL! so kitmap is permanent, and opfactions will be launching after reg facs? i normally play opfactions bc i like longer pvp matches. im so exited fo season 11, got it marked on my calender!

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
COOL! so kitmap is permanent, and opfactions will be launching after reg facs? i normally play opfactions bc i like longer pvp matches. im so exited fo season 11, got it marked on my calender!
OPFactions will be closed for an indefinite amount of time, which means there's no release date but it may well come back in the future!

FredricksonMC

Nerd
Diamond
Iron
Fredo__
Fredo__
Diamond
So Exited

Taka

GODTAKA
GODTAKA
Hello! The announcement so many of you have been waiting for is here, all the details on season 11 of Factions and OPFactions, and KitMap's future.

First and foremost as lots of you have been speculating I can confirm that OPFactions is being put on indefinite hiatus. What this means is that it won't be launching when we launch season 11 of Classic Factions but it's very possible that it will return at an undisclosed time in the near or not so near future!

So yes, season 11 of factions will be... just Classic Factions. The reason for this is OPFactions didn't have as large a playercount and we feel both groups of players - OP and Classic - would both benefit from playing on the same realm for season 11. It will create more competition, more things to do and generally more fun for everyone involved.

Season 11 will launch on Saturday the 13th of October at 6pm UK time. The grace period (No TNT or Creepers) will last exactly 1 week.

Season 11 details!

Faction details

- 15 man factions
- 1 ally
- 225 claim limit
- Only 1 layer of regens per base. Only regens that are allowed are normal regens and minechat regens. Other regens will get your faction punished.

World details

- Overworld border of 15k
- Nether border of 3k
- End border of 5k
- Flat, bedrock end floor

Event details

- KOTHs 4 times a day with unique rewards
- Weekly Conquest on Sundays 8pm UK time
- Daily Airdrops (airdrops will no longer include f top rods)

Misc details

- 2 minute super golden apple cooldown
- Custom enchants will still be enabled, but will be adjusted for balance (some will be nerfed)
- Insiding will still get you put onto a list that will negatively effect any faction that invites you, but the list will be reset from s10.

F top details!!!

As I mentioned in my last post about season 10 faction top will be overhauled. For the first time we'll be using a spawner value based f top, meaning any spawner placed anywhere in your claimed land will add to your /f top score - and better spawners will add more value to your faction's place on f top.
We're also incorporating events into this by adding spawners unobtainable elsewhere into events, such as Conquest in which Ghast spawners will be available to winners and will have the highest value on /f top spawner value.

This means that players are encouraged to spend to get higher on f top, not just save. It means players are encouraged to raid more to try and get other spawners, and it means that being raided has a really negative effect on your f top position. It also means grinding isn't the only important thing, factions will benefit hugely from being active and good at PvP - those that win events will have an easier time climbing the f top leaderboard than those that don't.

The future of KitMap

As we're closing OPFactions for an unspecified amount of time KitMap will remain open as a permanent gamemode, which means it's here to stay! KitMap resets will be every 2 months, and we'll be working to add more to KitMap including:
- Killstreak rewards
- KOTHs several times a day
- Supply drops
- More traps and places to PvP

And that's all the news I have for you today, if you've got any questions or feel like I missed something let me know by replying to this thread. I'm excited for season 11 and I hope all of you are too. Remember, October 13th 6pm UK time!
do you plan to add MCMMO to reg any time soon? would be interesting to see how that would go.

𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓼 ✩

a little funny
Diamond
Gold
dvsirinqs
dvsirinqs
Emerald
cool, im not a factions player though. i'm just wondering about the future of smp, because theres this new server called /server newsmp. will that server be 1.13 or a 1.12 reset?

HiqhSchool

E3J
Iron
Kaidez
Kaidez
Iron
OOooOOooO

ANewHope

Busy doing absolutely nothing.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
Why is the faction limit so small smh.

Nic

It really do be like that sometimes
Staff member
Diamond
Nicilback
Nicilback

Dmrlord

DrGreenSheep
DrGreenSheep
Hi what do you mean by kit map will reset every two months . Does it mean all the factions and claimed land will be gone.?

Taka

GODTAKA
GODTAKA
Hi what do you mean by kit map will reset every two months . Does it mean all the factions and claimed land will be gone.?
"Reset" yeah everything gonna go

A

Andrew

Now u just gotta fix kitmap up lol

A

Andrew

Resistance for first

Status
Not open for further replies.