What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Should Diamond Rank have a lower price? Poll

Should Diamond Rank have a lower price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceySoaps

IceySoaps
IceySoaps
Vote on the poll and decide whether diamond rank should be cheaper. Also i hope that even if this happens that the current diamond ranks will get partially refunded with skycade credit.

Last edited:

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
No! It would be unfair for us that already got it.
Dumb idea.

IceySoaps

IceySoaps
IceySoaps
You don't have to be rude about it :(

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Sorry! Didn't think about that too much!

Fallen

Lover of WelshAlex
Diamond
Mufscuit
Mufscuit
Diamond
No! It would be unfair for us that already got it.
Dumb idea.
Yes!!! beCausE I alReAdy piad 4 Sumth1ng no One ElSe shoUlD geT a BettEr DeaL!!!

Being mature, yes $56 USD (Or 75 when not on sale) is too much for a rank that gives barely anything. They should lower the price or actually make it worth the money it costs.

nursey_

Can't beat 'em, join 'em --- UwU
Staff member
MVP
Diamond
Gold
Yes_run
Yes_run
I don't really think it should be lower. A lot of people do not realise the cost behind running a network. Hell, even a single server costs a lot. Factor in the price of devs, staff, hosting, maintenance etc, you need a source of income. No one is forced to buy diamond rank, but it is a great way to support the server. Without the likes of ranks, cosmetics etc, the server would struggle to financially run.

There is never any pressure to buy ranks of any form, and no one should ever feel that they have to. It is understandable that not everyone can afford them. However there are frequent sales on, with Diamond rank often at 30% off. Add on the running jack code for 10%, you get a really good deal. There are players that also do giveaways for ranks. You can also buy gold rank and at later sales use the discounts to upgrade to Diamond if you so wish.

As others have already stated, it would be massively unfair to change the price of the rank at this point seeing as so many already have the rank, most paying full price for it.

Fallen

Lover of WelshAlex
Diamond
Mufscuit
Mufscuit
Diamond
I don't really think it should be lower. A lot of people do not realise the cost behind running a network. Hell, even a single server costs a lot. Factor in the price of devs, staff, hosting, maintenance etc, you need a source of income. No one is forced to buy diamond rank, but it is a great way to support the server. Without the likes of ranks, cosmetics etc, the server would struggle to financially run.

There is never any pressure to buy ranks of any form, and no one should ever feel that they have to. It is understandable that not everyone can afford them. However there are frequent sales on, with Diamond rank often at 30% off. Add on the running jack code for 10%, you get a really good deal. There are players that also do giveaways for ranks. You can also buy gold rank and at later sales use the discounts to upgrade to Diamond if you so wish.

As others have already stated, it would be massively unfair to change the price of the rank at this point seeing as so many already have the rank, most paying full price for it.
This is honestly a terrible response. Going back to my previous point, those who have diamond rank if they, like you say, enjoy it, then they should want to share that with everyone else. No matter if the price drops, I know that every decent person I know would have something they love go worthless if it meant more people could experience it. Also, do you not realize how much of Skycade's """"""poorness"""""" comes from the server's own choices? Maybe it should keep its playerbase and not ban them over stupid things, maybe it should create servers that aren't garbage, and maybe then they'll have enough people wanting to support the server that they won't be """"""poor"""""" anymore.
The argument isn't that we should make it free. Everyone knows that running a server costs money. 75 USD for a rank that gives practically nothing though? Is that really what you want the face of your server to be? Just have it run off donations for (naught word because alex might ban me!!!!)'s sake. The argument is to lower the price. That's it. The server is still getting money to run, it's just not practically scamming its playerbase with a terrible and overpriced rank anymore.
Another point you try to make is your sales codes. Ok, so now instead of 75 dollars I get-let's be generous and say 50% off!!!!!!!!!!- a 37.5 USD rank with the same shitty features that's, at most, only worth 10 bucks for the msgtoggle, no afk kick, and the particles that don't even work on half the servers. Is that really fair? A 37.5 USD rank for at most 10 USD of practical commands and a couple other bells and whistles that no one uses 90% of the time? In my opinion, absolutely not. I will never spend 37.5 USD for something that affects only 4/6 of the servers usually, and that most of the stuff that does work that it claims to have is useless anyways.
Should the rank's price be lowered? Absolutely, yes. People know they don't '''''have'''''' to buy the rank, but if they want to support the server and get a few perms, it's still overpriced. Personally, I think the real scam is the closeness in price it is to Gold rank. Yes, it's about 10 USD more on sale, but it gives you that blue [email protected]!! [email protected]!!!! It's good buisiness practice, but scummy. I'd suggest lowering the diamond rank price and creating a more fun server rather than trying to create things that no one enjoys with Skycade's apparently oh-so-limited budget.

IceySoaps

IceySoaps
IceySoaps
Let's not argue, Nursey__ is just stating her opinion

Fallen

Lover of WelshAlex
Diamond
Mufscuit
Mufscuit
Diamond
Let's not argue, Nursey__ is just stating her opinion
Mate you made a discussion thread. People are going to debate. She voiced her opinion and I'm explaining to her how it's flawed with context. Nothing wrong with her, her viewpoint is just coming from an uninformed or naive angle.

IceySoaps

IceySoaps
IceySoaps
cmon man im just trying to make this a little more peaceful so nobody gets mad at each other

Fallen

Lover of WelshAlex
Diamond
Mufscuit
Mufscuit
Diamond
Debates won't get people mad if they come at it from an objective viewpoint with their mind being able to be changed. If they come in here guns blazing with an unshakable mindset of course they're gonna be mad if someone questions and challenges them, but I came in here with my own opinions with a little more background and context and I'm talking with them about their own opinions. If they don't want to respond, or can't respond without getting demoted (Sorry nursey about that!!!) then that's their own prerogative.

IceySoaps

IceySoaps
IceySoaps
It's a bit exaggerated saying that "diamond rank gives nothing" It gives disguises, perks, and a nice shiny name tag and chat. Also people normally don't ghost you as much if you have something that makes you noticeable in chat (based on a true story)

Fallen

Lover of WelshAlex
Diamond
Mufscuit
Mufscuit
Diamond
Already covered all that. Disguises only work on a few servers, and the only popular one (afaik) being SMP, and a name tag you can buy for less than 5 bucks. Who cares if you get ghosted? Just don't talk to them. Only talking to someone because they like your rank is a terrible way to interact with people.

IceySoaps

IceySoaps
IceySoaps
"Who cares if you get ghosted" jeez that was a little rude :(

PigMatt