What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Should Diamond Rank have a lower price? Poll

Should Diamond Rank have a lower price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceySoaps

IceySoaps
IceySoaps
Hard to mow lawns when i don't live near other people. Also i'm not really salty or upset, just a little bummed. I mean, i could sell stuff door to door but i'm not a very social person. I try selling stuff on eBay, nobody's interested. I suppose i could just wait and save up money, but i still find the price for a rank a little astonishing.

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Yeah, I understand its a lot.
You should consider gold rank and not diamond.

xChocobear

Map Art Maker, Random, Idiot
Diamond
Iron
ILikeDogz
ILikeDogz
Diamond
Tbh Diamond at near how much it is off sale is not worth it at all, however skycade usually has often atleast 30% off which with the code makes it more reasonable, however if ur thinking of getting it I recommend buying it on a 40%-50% sale

TogepiMax

Banned SpOoPy 🥚 ;(
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
Hard to mow lawns when i don't live near other people. Also i'm not really salty or upset, just a little bummed. I mean, i could sell stuff door to door but i'm not a very social person. I try selling stuff on eBay, nobody's interested. I suppose i could just wait and save up money, but i still find the price for a rank a little astonishing.
a few points to help (most have already been said)
.Aim for gold rank, its the cheapest
.Play a little longer on the server, ive seen some, trying not to be offensive, no-ranks actually get known in the chat since they played long enough
.Dont just spam adverts, nobody will listen and see those, except to tell u they are annoying
.Wait for a sale, trust me, only like half the people buy ranks at full price
. If you can't do any of that, wait till christmas, and buy the Poohead prefix, or buy the Halloween kit in a week or so to get the SpOoPy prefix. They both make you more noticable

Other than that, you are just gonna have to stick with what situation you are currently in rn

IceySoaps

IceySoaps
IceySoaps
Thanks for the suggestions! :D

Chypre

Chypre_
Chypre_
I think Discord perks and Toggle Crate Messages should be added to Diamond, rather than having the price be lower. The Discord perks would make diamond more desirable and the toggle crate messages feels like something Diamond should have anyways. I obviously don't have a rank, but I can kinda see where people come from when they say diamond isn't worth the price.

Kwuffin

no
Diamond
_____________yes
_____________yes
Diamond
If you can’t even save up for like £60,- then you’re probably not even supposed to have the rank. Spending your entire wallet for a cosmetic on a Minecraft server... You really have to learn how/where to spend your money...

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Yea I do agree the price for it is ridiculously high. However, if you want to stand out in chat buy a name tag color like others have said. I personally think this makes you more noticeable than a suffix by itself.

IceySoaps

IceySoaps
IceySoaps
I have a nametag color, and a suffix. I talk to people like Banthony4 and ILikeDogz and i still get ghosted :/ I know i don't have to buy diamond rank, but even buying iron rank is a little pricey considering the benefits.
I already have a nametag color. I'm just gonna take TogepiMaxs' idea

Beaverman1

I'm like FitMC, But for SkyCade
Iron
Beaverman1
Beaverman1
Iron
people will still buy it if it's this price, no don't change it

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
fuck me stop arguing either buy it or don't if you buy it your not really getting much in return and yes its a good business strategy but it doesnt mean its working well in this current practice stop bickering they all offer shit perks if you want something changed or better off robbing Welshalex's computer posing as him and getting it changed because he won't change it and its evident in the past a majority of these threads he won't read or accept/listen to anyway so just stop

can a staff lock this now

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
C00kiez
C00kiez
Diamond
This is honestly a terrible response. Going back to my previous point, those who have diamond rank if they, like you say, enjoy it, then they should want to share that with everyone else. No matter if the price drops, I know that every decent person I know would have something they love go worthless if it meant more people could experience it.
lol are you literally just saying that everyone should have it because it is enjoyable. If the price was cheaper, it would be a lot less worth what it is now as a lot more people would have it and you would be ripping off the people that originally had it and they would feel as special. “tHoSe WhO hAvE dIaMoNd RaNk EnJoY iT sO lEtS aLlOw EvErYoNe ElSe HaVe It” is basically what you are saying. People with diamond rank don’t want everyone else to have it like you said. No one thinks that at all.

The argument isn't that we should make it free. Everyone knows that running a server costs money. 75 USD for a rank that gives practically nothing though? Is that really what you want the face of your server to be? Just have it run off donations for (naught word because alex might ban me!!!!)'s sake.
It is people’s choice to buy the rank or not, no matter if you think that there are a lot of perms or not. It is a way to support the server and help fund it and it isn’t just all for the perms and extras. It is a practically a donation and you know what you are getting when buying the rank. If you dont like it, that’s not their problem. As the price of diamond rank is inelastic, they would have worked out the price at which they gain the most profit to help run the server.

The argument is to lower the price. That's it. The server is still getting money to run, it's just not practically scamming its playerbase with a terrible and overpriced rank anymore.
Another point you try to make is your sales codes. Ok, so now instead of 75 dollars I get-let's be generous and say 50% off!!!!!!!!!!- a 37.5 USD rank with the same shitty features that's, at most, only worth 10 bucks for the msgtoggle, no afk kick, and the particles that don't even work on half the servers. Is that really fair? A 37.5 USD rank for at most 10 USD of practical commands and a couple other bells and whistles that no one uses 90% of the time? In my opinion, absolutely not. I will never spend 37.5 USD for something that affects only 4/6 of the servers usually, and that most of the stuff that does work that it claims to have is useless anyways.
lowering the price would lower the amount of money that Skycade get to run the server as the demand is inelastic. It has a lot more perms than that and also back to point 1. The perms would probably make it worth it, however, it is a donation. And are you really saying that they are scamming players.. do you know what it means. They know what they are getting before buying it. Not a scam. If you won’t ever use the perms you get from the rank, fine, that’s your choice as you knew exactly what you were getting so you can’t really complain about it. The rank is priced where it would get the most profit for the server to help it run, lowering the price would lower their income from ranks due to the inelastic demand. It is the people’s choice to buy it or not, knowing what they are going to get with it.

Should the rank's price be lowered? Absolutely, yes. People know they don't '''''have'''''' to buy the rank, but if they want to support the server and get a few perms, it's still overpriced. Personally, I think the real scam is the closeness in price it is to Gold rank. Yes, it's about 10 USD more on sale, but it gives you that blue nameta[email protected]!! [email protected]!!!! It's good buisiness practice, but scummy. I'd suggest lowering the diamond rank price and creating a more fun server rather than trying to create things that no one enjoys with Skycade's apparently oh-so-limited budget .
no as it would actually be more like scamming the people that have paid for the rank full price. The second sentence you said is the reason for iron and gold rank. To support the server and get a few perms. It would completely devalue the price of it. It’s a donation and if you want to make a smaller one, there is iron rank for that. Lowering the budget wouldn’t be fun for anyone. Arguing about people being ripped of, less profit for the server. You know nothing about how Skycade spends their money and how much. This is the whole reason for other ranks

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
lol are you literally just saying that everyone should have it because it is enjoyable. If the price was cheaper, it would be a lot less worth what it is now as a lot more people would have it and you would be ripping off the people that originally had it and they would feel as special. “tHoSe WhO hAvE dIaMoNd RaNk EnJoY iT sO lEtS aLlOw EvErYoNe ElSe HaVe It” is basically what you are saying. People with diamond rank don’t want everyone else to have it like you said. No one thinks that at all.

It is people’s choice to buy the rank or not, no matter if you think that there are a lot of perms or not. It is a way to support the server and help fund it and it isn’t just all for the perms and extras. It is a practically a donation and you know what you are getting when buying the rank. If you dont like it, that’s not their problem. As the price of diamond rank is inelastic, they would have worked out the price at which they gain the most profit to help run the server.

lowering the price would lower the amount of money that Skycade get to run the server as the demand is inelastic. It has a lot more perms than that and also back to point 1. The perms would probably make it worth it, however, it is a donation. And are you really saying that they are scamming players.. do you know what it means. They know what they are getting before buying it. Not a scam. If you won’t ever use the perms you get from the rank, fine, that’s your choice as you knew exactly what you were getting so you can’t really complain about it. The rank is priced where it would get the most profit for the server to help it run, lowering the price would lower their income from ranks due to the inelastic demand. It is the people’s choice to buy it or not, knowing what they are going to get with it.

no as it would actually be more like scamming the people that have paid for the rank full price. The second sentence you said is the reason for iron and gold rank. To support the server and get a few perms. It would completely devalue the price of it. It’s a donation and if you want to make a smaller one, there is iron rank for that. Lowering the budget wouldn’t be fun for anyone. Arguing about people being ripped of, less profit for the server. You know nothing about how Skycade spends their money and how much. This is the whole reason for other ranks
Actually if you knew how business worked lowering the price would lower the amount of money that Skycade get to run the server as the demand is inelastic lowering a price to entice more people to buy a rank can in turn actually be very profitable also the price I am fairly sure has not been changed or attempted to be modified/adapted at all since the ranks first release. The whole point of this thread is discussing how it's a worthless rank which gives really nothing for the price especially due to the fact other servers have better permissions for a lower price. Also, I am fairly sure you do not really know what inelastic means. Also Welshalex in a reply to a thread a while back basically down packed essentially what Skycade pays for all its services and commodities so you can have a rough educated guess monthly if you tried. Stop sucking up and think about it objectively from another business point of view. SO sure your points are *valid* but that doesn't mean your points are the best possible ways management could go about how they make money and that is a clear fact if you want I can give you a very good example.

MarvelDC

forgets functions I wrote yesterday
Staff member
Diamond
MarvelDC
MarvelDC
I'm sorry but this thread is very confusing...

A rank on the store is a donation with the aim being to support the server's upkeep. You shouldn't expect massive amounts of permissions, as we are trying to be as little as possible in pay to win terms.
The permissions and cosmetics you get when donating is what can make you stand out.

Before I was staff, and before having a rank, players would still listen to me - having a tag or name colour doesn't automatically make you an omega overlord which everyone notices. If you are feeling that no one notices, it is probably because most are focused on game play, are AFK or you are not chatting stuff that is engaging.

The price of the ranks are flexible. Their base price may not change, but their discount price does. There is often a discount of 30% or 50% on special holidays - be patient and pay then if you want, it is a donation.

We often do modify permissions of ranks as well, giving them even more permissions than before - I do not see how that is a poor business strategy. (Forum signatures, /report cooldown, votes in #rank-announcements, trails...)

You are not incharge of pricing, nor how this server uses it's money. You have no clue what is happening behind the scenes, so please stop making assumptions.

I am deciding to lock this thread, as clearly the OP is not getting their voice out, and has changed their mind - agreeing with other posters. With this post also getting out of hand, with the same back and forth arguments, and people thinking they are Skycade's accountant. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.