Skyblock 2.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WelshAlex, Nov 4, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. WelshAlex

WelshAlex I use this to procrastinate real life
    Manager

WelshAlex
    About 6 or 7 months ago we took over Skyblock from a server Jack used to own - EvoPvP - that was closing down. Since then very little changes or updates have been made to the gamemode and it has turned into a lovely little community of its own on Skycade.

After so many months without updates or changes, and after so many suggestions we came up with a comprehensive plan for improving Skyblock. Unfortunately for many of these changes to take effect we need to reset (you'll understand when you read the list). On the 18th of November Skyblock will be resetting and we'll be relaunching it as a massively improved and hopefully rejuvenated gamemode! The new Skyblock will be 1.12.1 to let you all use the cool new blocks and such.
    The gamemode is changing quite massively, we think it's for the better and hopefully you will too! Here's a list of changes/updates we're introducing for the new and improved gamemode:

• Custom enchants; Speed 2 boots, leaping leggings, haste 2 chestplate, helmet that feeds you as you move.

• Multiple island choice! Finally players will be able to choose from easy, medium and hard islands. No more of that gross, oversized island being your one and only choice.

• As well as /is top we’re introducing /is leaders - this is a system that determines your success by how many challenges you do, not how many blocks you place. Each challenge will be worth a certain amount of points, and the more you do the higher your leader level will climb.
      On top of that, we’ve made it so the amount of points you earn depends on your starting island choice so the harder your island the more points you earn - but of course the harder it is to earn them.

• End island! Not only will you be able to access your nether island, we’re introducing an end island. The end island will be very difficult to get to and will have lots of cool little items unobtainable without getting there [elytra, dragon head etc], this hopefully gives players a better motive to keep going once they’ve done all they wanted on their overworld island.

• We're changing the cobblestone generator! Currently it randomly generates ores amongst cobblestone, our new system will be very different. You'll start off with a base level for example 95% cobblestone and 5% coal, and then you'll be able to upgrade this by a villager in /warp shop with in game money. So you pay money to level up and then you have 80% cobblestone, 15% coal and 5% iron ore and then more and more as you upgrade.

• Island fly will be changing to /fly so you can fly anywhere you want, just not in arena!

• Players will be allowed to set homes! The default will be 2 homes per player, and there'll be upgrades on the store.

• Finally /is settings will work, so you'll be able to edit all your settings freely. Also /is coop should work too!

• Combat will be 1.9
    • The economy will be drastically different, hopefully so there's less focus on AFKing cactus (but you still can) and placing diamond blocks.

• Several other minor changes that'll hopefully improve gameplay such as increasing entity limits and such

We understand that some of you may have just started your island or worked really hard on the progress so far, but hopefully you can still appreciate the many changes and improvements we're making to the gamemode you love to play! Remember, join us on November the 18th at 4pm UK time for the launch.

2. PickleZ

PickleZ I ban hackers

PickleZ
    HYPE!

GoldenCodes likes this.
  3. DilFinCrazyMan

IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO GET 8 WITCHES, DONT DO THIS SENPAI

4. Centurion

Centurion Geezer

Centurion
    Dab on them haters.

5. NOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOO Guest

Don't do it!

6. BOOO

BOOO Guest

1.9 combat EW and i just started WHY NOW DO U TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME

7. DesignatedPvP

DesignatedPvP New Member

Is the island size changing?

KingOfBeavers likes this.
  8. NightsCloud

NightsCloud Skycade Poet Laureate

NightsCloud
  9. KingOfBeavers

KingOfBeavers Member

JustinLaboy
    Hyped!

Reset :D I'll be good equal chances :p

10. Dannie

Dannie Moderator

Dannie
    WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

11. Joostagram

Joostagram
  12. FluffyFriendly

• Several other minor changes that'll hopefully improve gameplay such as increasing entity limits and such
      Lets wait and see...

13. Fildon_Prime

Fildon_Prime Member

Whooo hoooo! Epic Stuff

14. Anzemm

Anzemm Member

Never heard these types of changes, very impressed with the ideas coming out of the management/ideas team. Keep up the good work!

Jack likes this.
  15. CakeLife204

CakeLife204 Appreciated Forums Member

CakeLife204
  16. Sllllllp

Sllllllp Member

Sllllllp
    I mean im hyped. No more unbeatable people in the server.

KingOfBeavers likes this.
  17. MelissaWDS

MelissaWDS Appreciated Forums Member

Hype! The update features sound amazing, cannot wait for this reset!

18. aaa

aaa Guest

I mean it does say different island levels easy, medium and hard, and I assume that island size varies through the different levels.

BerkunPrinter and WelshAlex like this.
  19. Anzemm

Anzemm Member

depending on which difficulty you set your island to

20. Professor Slime

Professor Slime Active Forums Member

ProfessorSlimez
    YUS!!! I will actually start playing skyblock again :D