What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skyblock animals disappearing

flowersoficetor

flowersoficetor
flowersoficetor
Your IGN: flowersoficetor

Where is the bug happening? (Factions, Skyblock, Discord, etc.): Skyblock

Brief description of the bug: I have plenty of grass space for animals to naturally spawn. Whenever I notice a naturally spawned animal it despawns within a couple minutes, or if I get close to it. I asked the ingame chat if this was normal and they said no. This does not happen in Skygrid, so I do not believe it is on my end.

Describe how to do the bug: Happens on its own

ComByThings

ComByThings
ComByThings
I think it despawns to avoid lag on the server that -too much entitys- cause
So probably it's not a glitch/bug

flowersoficetor

flowersoficetor
flowersoficetor
I think it despawns to avoid lag on the server that -too much entitys- cause
So probably it's not a glitch/bug
I thought that at first, but the other players said it wasn't normal. And if it was, then there would be no way to get eggs for the cake mission, so it would make no sense to do that.

DerpOfTheUnicorn

DerpOfTheUnicorn
DerpOfTheUnicorn
I mean, it occurs on many other minecraft servers, so i'm guessing it's something that still hasn't been repaired? Hopefully they will soon, it's quite annoying...

Taon2

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
We've made it so mobs that spawn from eggs, tamed mobs, and breeding don't despawn. Stopping natural mobs from despawning would considerably increase lag, but if it is a super big deal for skyblock it could be made so nautrally spawned mobs don't despawn.

Also, mobs with nametags or holding items should not despawn either, so naming them might help out.

Let me know in the comments if naturally spawning mobs should not despawn!

ComByThings

ComByThings
ComByThings
We've made it so mobs that spawn from eggs, tamed mobs, and breeding don't despawn. Stopping natural mobs from despawning would considerably increase lag, but if it is a super big deal for skyblock it could be made so nautrally spawned mobs don't despawn.

Also, mobs with nametags or holding items should not despawn either, so naming them might help out.

Let me know in the comments if naturally spawning mobs should not despawn!
I think it's better if they despawn to decrease lag on the server.