What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skyblock Cactus Petition!

Should Cactus Farms be the same?

• Yes, Cactus farms are essential to the economy and I would like to contribute to this petition.

• Cactus farms should change as they cause "lag"

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antoderi

Antoderi
Antoderi
While it is being nerfed an idea of moderate redstone would be fantastic. The Appeal of skyblock is to grind. Not make alot of money in short periods of time. As NSR said it is Spawner based so I believe the unlock prices should be removed/reduced and spawner prices should be reduced as well. But there are other semi-automatic money makers as well that we can use. People overlook that way too easily. Semi Automatic is now part of the grind and the change is being made to make the tps somewhat playable. We just have to accept this fact and keep moving forward as a community. Remember Change means evolution. When redstone was banned we evolved as a community and made different cactus farms. We can still work as a community and get the grind going. it may mean we have to grind tad bit more.
"short amount of time" We don't make lots of money in short amounts of time, we have to afk for hours at a time, expand farms, etc.

Antoderi

Antoderi
Antoderi
Imo it's annoying, but not such a terrible thing if he does that. But if he's also planning on completely removing redstone for farms (I have a tiny amount of redone to automate my cow farm) then it's just not at all fun anymore (plus auto sell chests would then be essentially useless). I want to be able to earn some money by afking, cause I don't have the time to be on every day 5 hours a day to actually do well in skyblock.
It is a terrible thing. At this moment, the only way to make good money is cacti. removing cacti means that spawners are the only source of money, very unstable economy. the removal of cacti means newer players have to mine cobblestone to make a living and get a spawner, that is unfair.

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Emerald
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Emerald
It is a terrible thing. At this moment, the only way to make good money is cacti. removing cacti means that spawners are the only source of money, very unstable economy. the removal of cacti means newer players have to mine cobblestone to make a living and get a spawner, that is unfair.
Oof sorry, I forgot to add as long as he makes them cheaper (by quite a lot)

Antoderi

Antoderi
Antoderi
Oof sorry, I forgot to add as long as he makes them cheaper (by quite a lot)
by quite a lot, that would completely devalue spawners and create an even laggier server. More spawners = more lag, simple.

VisenGames

VisenGames
VisenGames
No, I believe removing cactus farms will be incredibly useful, if cactus farms are removed we can go back to magical wonders of mining cobble 3 hours a day, 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month and earn that experience of holding a button for 100h and crafting a new pickaxe every 15 min or so just so after a month of that we can earn a spawner that we cant automate because no Redstone so we can experience the relief of holding down the left click with a sword instead of the pickaxe.

MarvelDC

forgets functions I wrote yesterday
Staff member
Diamond
MarvelDC
MarvelDC
Not sure where you got "removing the cactus" entirely from? The plan is to whittle down how much profit you get from cactus, not fully destroy the cactus block. You can still get profit, but not as much as now.

Look at the economy, /baltop. I see people with over 60 million already, and it's only been 2 weeks since the reset. That rapid progress is absurd, and intimidating to anyone who just started. I agree, the only way to get profit is cactus for new players, but the fact that cactus is able to get you more than 40 million a day is crazy and not a good thing for the server or economy.

Some players have already unlocked skeletons, and have over 100 skeleton spawners, in only 2 weeks.

As a plan, it's a good idea, cactus is just too OP, but there needs to be a new way to get profit. Ideally, I don't think it's good for skyblock to just turn into factions where everyone AFKs cactus farms and earns a buck, but a more interactive way of getting money, be it putting a few hours to get that spawner or otherwise.

Alex is gradually removing Cactus as a profit method, so new methods may arise. Right now, spawners are silly in comparison to the Cactus profit method, this season is supposed to be spawner based not cactus based.

FYI, Cactus causes the most lag on Skyblock, spawners don't make enough lag to match that.
I don't know any method to help new players to earn money, but that's just me, I'm sure Alex has something :p

EternalLost

1maginaryNum6er
1maginaryNum6er
Not sure where you got "removing the cactus" entirely from? The plan is to whittle down how much profit you get from cactus, not fully destroy the cactus block. You can still get profit, but not as much as now.

Look at the economy, /baltop. I see people with over 60 million already, and it's only been 2 weeks since the reset. That rapid progress is absurd, and intimidating to anyone who just started. I agree, the only way to get profit is cactus for new players, but the fact that cactus is able to get you more than 40 million a day is crazy and not a good thing for the server or economy.

Some players have already unlocked skeletons, and have over 100 skeleton spawners, in only 2 weeks.

As a plan, it's a good idea, cactus is just too OP, but there needs to be a new way to get profit. Ideally, I don't think it's good for skyblock to just turn into factions where everyone AFKs cactus farms and earns a buck, but a more interactive way of getting money, be it putting a few hours to get that spawner or otherwise.

Alex is gradually removing Cactus as a profit method, so new methods may arise. Right now, spawners are silly in comparison to the Cactus profit method, this season is supposed to be spawner based not cactus based.

FYI, Cactus causes the most lag on Skyblock, spawners don't make enough lag to match that.
I don't know any method to help new players to earn money, but that's just me, I'm sure Alex has something :p
From what I've heard, Alex is removing cactus farms as a profit method gradually by making them useless. I am sorry if I wasn't expressing it clearly enough. I feel that they should be nerfed, not removed. Meanwhile, spawners should be cheaper and more accessible to new players. Also it'd be great if there are other ways of earing money other than mining cobblestone and methods above.

Last edited:

TheK1ttyCrusher

TheK1ttyCrusher
TheK1ttyCrusher
I agree with what others are saying about so much time lost and money spent. I do not think the change to cactus is that great to the economy. Everyone who didn't have a massive farm is really going to struggle to unlock the spawners, which take somewhere above 40m+ to get every one, not counting the fact that the spawners are over 400k at the cheapest. Even if someone has an Iron Golem farm it is going to take over 64 inventories of Ingots to start making money back per spawner. If I was a new player I couldn't be bothered to play here at the only farms viable to start are manual farms such as sugarcane, nether wart, or something of the sort; I don't have time to do it all by hand.

Most people also have school or work (or both), limiting the time they have to make a farm let alone plant and replant constantly if they need money. When I came back to Skycade just after the Skyblock wipe, I was surprised to see that redstone farms were not allowed, but there was still cactus and spawners further on that mitigated money making problems. Currently the only time I have to build on my farm is the weekend and an hour or two on the weekdays in my downtime, and I don't want to be making more farms to compensate for the lack of income the nerf has taken. I do realize that it is not completely out of the spectrum of money making, but there doesn't really seem like a viable option to replace it. Sure you can still make money, but compared to the old cactus price of $15 per to buy and $3 to sell (I think those numbers are correct, sorry if I am wrong), which is a 5x difference, it is now $23 per to buy and $1 to sell, a 23x difference. I use printer so I have to buy things from the shop, I cannot just use my own cactus that drops unless I use schematica alone, which is quite buggy in my opinion with the anti-cheat.

I do also see that the other servers, specifically Creative and Prison, have close to no players even on weekends with SMP and KitPvP not too far behind. If Skyblock and Factions seem to be the flagship servers, couldn't resources be redirected from the less populated servers back into them? I don't mean to bash on Skycade but it is the only server I have played on that has both 'removed' redstone farms and nerf cactus farms.

Cactus is the last middleman I see between starting and ending, and I do think the nerf is a bit much, but to each their own. I'm sure there is another option that will appear sometime soon, it is just a matter of what.

Smooth

Diamond
Gold
Smoothed
Smoothed
Diamond
It's frustrating spending 2 mil that I grinded (could have been real money too as it was some keys)on cac farms, and now they're worthless.

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
I am not ok with cacti farms being nerfed/removed, but are those people who already spent millions making their cacti farms going to be refunded in some way?

Ales

Iron
_Ales
_Ales
Iron
+1 So many people already have cactus farms but they spent hundreds of thousands on them to get a profit. Think about /pwarp share. He has a huge cactus profit shop and now he will get NO income. I highly believe the devs will see this and make cactus normal again in a while, but until then it will be broken. Also, how are we supposed to get money for spawners, they are expensive. The cheapest spawners is 400k.

litprism

SkycadeKitpvp
SkycadeKitpvp
what an idiot, he said removing it as a profit making tool not completely.

Ales

Iron
_Ales
_Ales
Iron
It's frustrating spending 2 mil that I grinded (could have been real money too as it was some keys)on cac farms, and now they're worthless.
Exactly, at least we should get our money back.

Merged:
what an idiot, he said removing it as a profit making tool not completely.
yes, but still. Nerfing it from $3 to $1 is insane. People will get no income, normally an inventory full would you give you about 6k now around 1k

----

I have to disagree, I believe a lot of people will make even bigger farms to match the profit they made before. So I don't see a reason why it should be nerfed.
but a more interactive way of getting money, be it putting a few hours to get that spawner or otherwise.
Not many people have a few hours to play.

----

I have to disagree, I believe a lot of people will make even bigger farms to match the profit they made before. So I don't see a reason why it should be nerfed.

Not many people have a few hours to play.
+Only 1 person has 60mil+

-----

you're putting it in a very simplistic view which is incorrect. this block is the only way to make money on this server so far, and its outrageous for them to remove it.
Well, it isn't the only thing. You can grind sugarcane for hours, but no one will do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

PigMatt