What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skyblock Cactus Petition!

Should Cactus Farms be the same?

• Yes, Cactus farms are essential to the economy and I would like to contribute to this petition.

• Cactus farms should change as they cause "lag"

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erhip

Dolphins are just sea dogs
Staff member
MVP
Diamond
czpella
czpella

Fancy_Dinners_

Wannabe Lawyer
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
if this gets 5 agreements I'll create a singable petition

NegativeKB

I'm back >:)))
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
Not sure where you got "removing the cactus" entirely from? The plan is to whittle down how much profit you get from cactus, not fully destroy the cactus block. You can still get profit, but not as much as now.

Look at the economy, /baltop. I see people with over 60 million already, and it's only been 2 weeks since the reset. That rapid progress is absurd, and intimidating to anyone who just started. I agree, the only way to get profit is cactus for new players, but the fact that cactus is able to get you more than 40 million a day is crazy and not a good thing for the server or economy.

Some players have already unlocked skeletons, and have over 100 skeleton spawners, in only 2 weeks.

As a plan, it's a good idea, cactus is just too OP, but there needs to be a new way to get profit. Ideally, I don't think it's good for skyblock to just turn into factions where everyone AFKs cactus farms and earns a buck, but a more interactive way of getting money, be it putting a few hours to get that spawner or otherwise.

Alex is gradually removing Cactus as a profit method, so new methods may arise. Right now, spawners are silly in comparison to the Cactus profit method, this season is supposed to be spawner based not cactus based.

FYI, Cactus causes the most lag on Skyblock, spawners don't make enough lag to match that.
I don't know any method to help new players to earn money, but that's just me, I'm sure Alex has something :p
I do agree, but they did ban automatic which removes sugar cane, melons and pumpkins as an automatic farm that you could make money off of. Sugar cane to me is a quick buck that you could make. I don't like how they removed Redstone but then i thought of cactus. And since they're lowering the price of cactus people would want to make their farms bigger to make up for the profit they would of made. Unless you ban huge cactus farms aswell.

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
Cactus got nerfed this season of factions, did it stop people? Nope, half of baltop has a billion and at least 4-5 people have this from cactus farming, myself included.

There's talks of next season being cane eco so idk, may not last.

BlackHydras

BlackKratos
BlackKratos
Comparing factions economy to skyblock economy is like comparing potatoes and fishes.

Please stop.

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
Comparing factions economy to skyblock economy is like comparing potatoes and fishes.

Please stop.
My point was that factions uses cactus as a main source of income, like Skyblock.

TogepiMax

SpOoPy 🥚
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
I think that cacti should not be nerfed, because even though lots of other farms are very profitable, some even more than cacti, there really needs to be an option for new players to get spawners without hoping for a keyall and getting lucky, or mining cobble for a week straight. If cacti does get nerfed, like NoSkill said, maybe the spawner unlock could be removed, or be cheaper. If this does not happen, we could be risking our newest players, the ones that could be veterans, on such a small thing about cacti losing value. I know WelshAlex wants to remove most auto farms, with redstone or without, but the playerbase is screaming "NO!". Please, if you hear this, fix the skyblock eco that is to be by either fixing cacti, or the spawners.

Ckthegreat

Iron
CKthegreat
CKthegreat
Iron
I say bring back cactus or make auto sugar cane farms allowed

Antoderi

Antoderi
Antoderi
Not sure where you got "removing the cactus" entirely from? The plan is to whittle down how much profit you get from cactus, not fully destroy the cactus block. You can still get profit, but not as much as now.

Look at the economy, /baltop. I see people with over 60 million already, and it's only been 2 weeks since the reset. That rapid progress is absurd, and intimidating to anyone who just started. I agree, the only way to get profit is cactus for new players, but the fact that cactus is able to get you more than 40 million a day is crazy and not a good thing for the server or economy.

Some players have already unlocked skeletons, and have over 100 skeleton spawners, in only 2 weeks.

As a plan, it's a good idea, cactus is just too OP, but there needs to be a new way to get profit. Ideally, I don't think it's good for skyblock to just turn into factions where everyone AFKs cactus farms and earns a buck, but a more interactive way of getting money, be it putting a few hours to get that spawner or otherwise.

Alex is gradually removing Cactus as a profit method, so new methods may arise. Right now, spawners are silly in comparison to the Cactus profit method, this season is supposed to be spawner based not cactus based.

FYI, Cactus causes the most lag on Skyblock, spawners don't make enough lag to match that.
I don't know any method to help new players to earn money, but that's just me, I'm sure Alex has something :p
Did you not read what Alex said? If not, it’s right where my paragraph is. He said he wants to completely remove it as a source of profit, making it useless. People like me have built insane cactus farms, and how will we destroy them?

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
Cactus is over powered. I do think it should be nerfed. HOWEVER there needs to be other ways to make a decent amount of money. As it stands there's no actual way apart from spawners (WHICH COST A FORTUNE) to make money.

Nerf Cactus & Limit the size people can build to 4 chunks or less.
Lower Spawner Prices
Simples.
Or just ban all farms in general and let people make a profit from cobblestone!!!!

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
Or just ban all farms in general and let people make a profit from cobblestone!!!!
Cobblegens cause lag, no cobble allowed anymore - skycade next season

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
Cobblegens cause lag, no cobble allowed anymore - skycade next season
Alright now let's ban players from even joining. Players cause lag!

BlackHydras

BlackKratos
BlackKratos
Expecting a skyblock player to long con the farming MANUALLY is, in my opinion, not a good way to do things, especially if they're forcing it on people. The excuse of the new enchant that makes you get double the crops or whatever the hell it does, which works with autosell, doesn't rly work either.

First, I think that expecting a player to manually harvest crops for weeks to help with the unlocks, is dumb. Nobody will clean up an entire 100x100 sugar cane farm by hand every 30 minutes for a measly 20k or so;
Second, getting both the autosell AND then enchant means you have to go into the arena and either get pissed by constant death or just straight up not going there (like myself - since I believe skyblock should not have "mandatory" pvp if you need stuff for your island to make your job easier).

If they wanna take down giant cactus farms like the ones some of us have, at least change the prices on stuff. If they need to be removed cus lag, so be it. Would rather have a lag free server than a whatthehellishappeninghowaretheyonhundredsofmillionsalready type of economy after 3-4 weeks. But they need to find a solution for the economy before saying they're gradually changing things when the first change is dropping the income of said farms by 2/3.

Like, honestly, with the economy in the current state, people who are starting right now, how will they unlock IG's in the first place, let alone use them? It just doesn't make any sense. Either everyone is missing some extreme way to make money other than farms, including myself, or this was a quick bandaid gone wrong.

What's next? Imposing mob limits like IG's because spawners also cause lag? It's either that, or reducing spawn rate by half... and if it happens, I won't be surprised. I'm actually calling it.

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12

Gimme a spawner please. Thanks love you 3
Xd

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
Alright now let's ban players from even joining. Players cause lag!
We’re gonna ban the server so that the whole network doesn’t lag

Jayden

yes
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Smogzz
Smogzz
Emerald
No, I believe removing cactus farms will be incredibly useful, if cactus farms are removed we can go back to magical wonders of mining cobble 3 hours a day, 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month and earn that experience of holding a button for 100h and crafting a new pickaxe every 15 min or so just so after a month of that we can earn a spawner that we cant automate because no Redstone so we can experience the relief of holding down the left click with a sword instead of the pickaxe.
Lol I hope ur being sarcastic because I love it as well so fun to spend 100K to get to mine for 1 hour and only get 50K back

Fancy_Dinners_

Wannabe Lawyer
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
Sooooo, I myself highly disagree with WelshAlex's nerfing cactus post. I suggest we boycott skyblock ( staff member lock this if it's against the rules ) as to send a message to the management about how us players feel about cactus nerfing. Other things you can do is spread the word about this, update your status to #FreeCactus and inform players in-game

12:00 a.m. ( Eastern Standard Time - Saturday )
1:00 p.m. ( Central Time - Saturday )
10:00 a.m. ( Mountain Time - Saturday )
9:00 a.m. ( Pacific Time - Saturday )
8:00 a.m. ( Alaska Time - Saturday )

Show that we don't like this update...
Free the cactus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.