What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

skyblock economy

DilFinCrazyMan

DilFinCrazyMan
DilFinCrazyMan
just found out about how cactus farms are getting banned and the same w/ redstone farms, if you want your server to actually be playable for new players who weren't online at sotw and didnt get 50 lunar crate keys from people buying them, i might suggest two things: make the mining world m u c h cheaper so that you can make money from mining starting off, and also make spawners cheaper, because a server economy that relies on profitshops, literal /back ing for 2 hours to even stand a chance of getting any money starting off, is ridiculous

dustylog

cosmeo
cosmeo
make a big sugar cane farm. mine it.

use profit shops. sell them.

buy cheap spawners on ah. ez pz

GothicGamer2012

Diamond
GothicGamer2012
GothicGamer2012
Diamond
Or you can just grind. Make small farm with resources available to you, like the sugarcane, sell the odd bit you get, make a bigger farm, harvest, sell, expand etc. It's absolutely slow at first but you do get there with time and effort.
Personally I never made a cactus farm and while lunar keys at the start of the season got me a nice 30k, I misclicked and blew it on all cobble at /warp shop with the fill inventory button so I still had to start mostly from scratch. I didn't really sell any lunar stuff as I just hoarded it in my chests in case I needed it later, plus you'd be lucky getting 2k for anything back then as nobody had that money to brainlessly throw at you. That stuff is still in my chests.

My main money maker was a 100x100 2 layer sugarcane farm I built with cobble slabs mined from a simple but fast, redstoneless cobble generator I built. I had barely enough sugarcane to fill the entire thing so I waited for what little I had to grow, harvested and then replanted. Each harvest then gave me double the previous one and it didn't take too long to fill the entire thing. I was able to save up for 36 hoppers and cover my entire island with sugarcane crop hoppers. A later modification created a chest/hopper chain which sends all sugarcane from all over the island to an autosell chest I mined for in the arena. It absolutely takes a while to harvest all of it but it's decent money when you're willing to invest your time.

After which I got my hands on cow spawners, made an auto cow farm and had saved enough to buy another autosell chest off a player. That now makes me income as I keep my alt next to it while I'm online. It now has 60 cow spawners and makes $100-$300 every few seconds. That combined increased my income further. My manual sugarcane makes more money than my 60 cow spawners if I constantly farm it.

Currently my biggest source of income is mining in tier 3 of the mining world with my lunar trench pickaxe, converting ores gained to blocks and selling said blocks at /pwarp zim. It makes really good profit and is worth the time in my opinion. I never once used profit shops to get started, neither did I own a cactus farm at any time, I focused on sugarcane. 30k is hardly anything, especially when I accidentally blew it all on cobblestone.

Also just a tip, polished andesite is actually cheaper than cobblestone and it looks better. If you need a cheap af building block you can buy at /warp shop I'd recommend that.

I'm not against lowering the mining world prices but doing so will also have consequences. With more people able to get ore blocks, the more will enter circulation over-saturating the current market for them and reducing their prices tremendously. Pwarp zim's prices for them will also decrease along with anyone else buying said blocks which can negatively effect everyone including new players as mining would no longer be a decent way to make money. Why would people put 30 minutes of their time into the mining world for pocket change when they can just stick to farming and not be rooted to one area under a time limit? It would go in a circle of increasing slightly in value due to players not bothering to go mining and decreasing as it becomes a better source of income and players start mining again. Ultimately the prices then wouldn't reach their current prices. Ores would be more accessible but would no longer be an effective source of profit, this would increase the dependency on spawners which cost WAY more than a trip to the mining world when unlock prices and spawner prices are taken into consideration. Plus my manual sugarcane farm makes double/triple what my 60 cow spawners do in the same time period so even with cow spawners it will be slow.

Skyblock is about grinding, building and expanding. The start of skyblock has and always will be slow and grindy compared to later game stages regardless of where you play. Take it from me, when things get too easy in skyblock people lose interest in actually playing the game and instead pop on to chat and afk. It's not like they need to work up to anything.
Like having godmode in a game is fun at first but gets boring faster than playing it legit does.

DilFinCrazyMan

DilFinCrazyMan
DilFinCrazyMan
Or you can just grind. Make small farm with resources available to you, like the sugarcane, sell the odd bit you get, make a bigger farm, harvest, sell, expand etc. It's absolutely slow at first but you do get there with time and effort.
Personally I never made a cactus farm and while lunar keys at the start of the season got me a nice 30k, I misclicked and blew it on all cobble at /warp shop with the fill inventory button so I still had to start mostly from scratch. I didn't really sell any lunar stuff as I just hoarded it in my chests in case I needed it later, plus you'd be lucky getting 2k for anything back then as nobody had that money to brainlessly throw at you. That stuff is still in my chests.

My main money maker was a 100x100 2 layer sugarcane farm I built with cobble slabs mined from a simple but fast, redstoneless cobble generator I built. I had barely enough sugarcane to fill the entire thing so I waited for what little I had to grow, harvested and then replanted. Each harvest then gave me double the previous one and it didn't take too long to fill the entire thing. I was able to save up for 36 hoppers and cover my entire island with sugarcane crop hoppers. A later modification created a chest/hopper chain which sends all sugarcane from all over the island to an autosell chest I mined for in the arena. It absolutely takes a while to harvest all of it but it's decent money when you're willing to invest your time.

After which I got my hands on cow spawners, made an auto cow farm and had saved enough to buy another autosell chest off a player. That now makes me income as I keep my alt next to it while I'm online. It now has 60 cow spawners and makes $100-$300 every few seconds. That combined increased my income further. My manual sugarcane makes more money than my 60 cow spawners if I constantly farm it.

Currently my biggest source of income is mining in tier 3 of the mining world with my lunar trench pickaxe, converting ores gained to blocks and selling said blocks at /pwarp zim. It makes really good profit and is worth the time in my opinion. I never once used profit shops to get started, neither did I own a cactus farm at any time, I focused on sugarcane. 30k is hardly anything, especially when I accidentally blew it all on cobblestone.

Also just a tip, polished andesite is actually cheaper than cobblestone and it looks better. If you need a cheap af building block you can buy at /warp shop I'd recommend that.

I'm not against lowering the mining world prices but doing so will also have consequences. With more people able to get ore blocks, the more will enter circulation over-saturating the current market for them and reducing their prices tremendously. Pwarp zim's prices for them will also decrease along with anyone else buying said blocks which can negatively effect everyone including new players as mining would no longer be a decent way to make money. Why would people put 30 minutes of their time into the mining world for pocket change when they can just stick to farming and not be rooted to one area under a time limit? It would go in a circle of increasing slightly in value due to players not bothering to go mining and decreasing as it becomes a better source of income and players start mining again. Ultimately the prices then wouldn't reach their current prices. Ores would be more accessible but would no longer be an effective source of profit, this would increase the dependency on spawners which cost WAY more than a trip to the mining world when unlock prices and spawner prices are taken into consideration. Plus my manual sugarcane farm makes double/triple what my 60 cow spawners do in the same time period so even with cow spawners it will be slow.

Skyblock is about grinding, building and expanding. The start of skyblock has and always will be slow and grindy compared to later game stages regardless of where you play. Take it from me, when things get too easy in skyblock people lose interest in actually playing the game and instead pop on to chat and afk. It's not like they need to work up to anything.
Like having godmode in a game is fun at first but gets boring faster than playing it legit does.
but do you not agree that how they handled the situation is bad? surely profit shops being the main way of making money for beginners is just ridiculous? even the midgame mining thing relies on zims shop for ores, personally i think the server should be responsible for the economy in terms of where to sell and buy stuff, and not going to a select few who have made profit shops. If they wanted to make the economy mainly spawner dependant, then why is the best way of making money abusing profitshops and grinding cane manually for 3 hours. whats the point of even buying the starting spawners if you can make more money by grinding cane? i dont know, its just frustrating how they didn't have the foresight to implement some of these changes before they literally had to start REMOVING farms from peoples islands because of lag they somehow didn't foresee, which left players at the opposite ends of a spectrum in terms of money. skyblock shouldnt be about grinding for hours until you FINALLY have enough money to start making auto farms, and even if the economy was based on grinding at sotw, i wouldnt mind, but its just the way that all the richest players got insane headstarts by abusing cactus farms, and then they got banned. theyve just made the gamemode extremely boring and frustrating for players who weren't there at sotw, it is possible to grind up, as you have clearly proven, but it is an immense pain in the ass. i don't know, i think skyblock should have a clear sense of progress, which it is currently lacking.

TessieBear76

Coffee? Nah. Caffeinated Tea!
Staff member
Helper
TessCringe
TessCringe
Helper
The prices for spawners were already lowered a lot so I doubt they will be lowered again.