What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skyblock Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Hi, and welcome to the thread so many of you have been waiting for! Yep, that's right, we're resetting Skyblock.

On Saturday the 26th of January at 6pm UK time we'll be resetting Skyblock with lots of new changes and updates.

You all want to know what changes we're making so I suppose I'll hop into it:

1 Realm

That's right, we're going back to having 1 realm. Following an in game poll it's clear players would prefer 1 realm with multiple island themes to choose from. (Islands will also be larger than they are currently to start off with!)
This means that we won't have 'Galactic' AND 'Egyptian' - just 'Skyblock' - and you'll be able to choose from a range of themes for your island including but not limited to Egyptian and Galactic.

New Farming Rules

- Farms that require redstone to function will no longer be allowed, so that means no more massive sugarcane or melon farms relying on redstone to make money!
- Redstone limitations will be implemented as to prevent these from being built.
- Any farms relying heavily on hoppers will be removed, remember to use crop hoppers as they collect ALL the loot from a chunk that you want them to and make less lag! /hopper convert

PvP

We'll be removing the hit cooldown implemented in 1.9+, which means you will no longer have to time your clicks to have the best impact. This doesn't mean PvP will feel entirely like 1.8, the hit registration won't be the same and shields and other 1.9 items will still be available.

More Custom Enchants!

All in all we're adding 4 new custom enchants to Skyblock:
- Haste: Does what it says. Gives the player constant haste!
- Fire Res: Same as Haste, just constant Fire Res
- Farmer's Luck: It's like Fortune, but for farming! So you'll get extra drops from any crops you farm using this enchant.
- Green Thumb: This enchant will give you a chance at automatically replanting any crops you break using it. So if you break wheat with a hoe that has the enchant, the wheat might automatically replant itself! The higher your XP level the more chance you have to replant.

Parkour Event

We'll be adding a Parkour event to Skyblock, will run maybe 2-3 times a week! Primarily focused on the weekends.
The event will start and any players will be able to join. The event will run for a specific period of time, for example 30 minutes. During that time you can complete the parkour as many times as you want to - at the end of the event whichever players had the best time will win a prize. It saves your best time, so if you fail the first time you can try again!
There will be multiple parkour courses and the event will randomly choose which course to run on so it doesn't get boring.

Outback

Similar to the one recently introduced on Factions, we'll be introducing an Outback on Skyblock - an area where players will be able to mine ores and earn 'credits', but PvP will be enabled in the area - these credits will be spent on cool items like an autosell chest!

Printer

We're adding the /printer command to Skyblock. This pretty much allows you to use the printer function from schematica mod without needing to actually have any of the blocks already. You will pay for them as you place them! Read more detail in this thread.

Other Misc Updates

- You'll now be able to SEARCH for playerwarps! So you could type /pwarp search WelshAlex and see any pwarps I've made!
- Your scoreboard will display relevant information like your island level, balance, and number of people on your island.
- Overhauled crate prizes
- People will disappear within a small radius of the shop NPC so he's not overcrowded.

That's pretty much all we have to announce at the moment, it's a lot to take in but we hope you're excited for this new season of Skyblock and the features we're introducing because we sure are!

EliteGamer687

EliteGamer687
EliteGamer687
First... (Had to be that person...)

As I got top comment I feel I should put something useful so

Go to store.skycade.net and get yourself some cosmetics all ready for the skyblock reset!

Last edited:

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
Hi, and welcome to the thread so many of you have been waiting for! Yep, that's right, we're resetting Skyblock.

On Saturday the 26th of January at 6pm UK time we'll be resetting Skyblock with lots of new changes and updates.

You all want to know what changes we're making so I suppose I'll hop into it:

1 Realm

That's right, we're going back to having 1 realm. Following an in game poll it's clear players would prefer 1 realm with multiple island themes to choose from. (Islands will also be larger than they are currently to start off with!)
This means that we won't have 'Galactic' AND 'Egyptian' - just 'Skyblock' - and you'll be able to choose from a range of themes for your island including but not limited to Egyptian and Galactic.

New Farming Rules

- Farms that require redstone to function will no longer be allowed, so that means no more massive sugarcane or melon farms relying on redstone to make money!
- Redstone limitations will be implemented as to prevent these from being built.
- Any farms relying heavily on hoppers will be removed, remember to use crop hoppers as they collect ALL the loot from a chunk that you want them to and make less lag! /hopper convert

PvP

We'll be removing the hit cooldown implemented in 1.9+, which means you will no longer have to time your clicks to have the best impact. This doesn't mean PvP will feel entirely like 1.8, the hit registration won't be the same and shields and other 1.9 items will still be available.

More Custom Enchants!

All in all we're adding 4 new custom enchants to Skyblock:
- Haste: Does what it says. Gives the player constant haste!
- Fire Res: Same as Haste, just constant Fire Res
- Farmer's Luck: It's like Fortune, but for farming! So you'll get extra drops from any crops you farm using this enchant.
- Green Thumb: This enchant will give you a chance at automatically replanting any crops you break using it. So if you break wheat with a hoe that has the enchant, the wheat might automatically replant itself! The higher your XP level the more chance you have to replant.

Parkour Event

We'll be adding a Parkour event to Skyblock, will run maybe 2-3 times a week! Primarily focused on the weekends.
The event will start and any players will be able to join. The event will run for a specific period of time, for example 30 minutes. During that time you can complete the parkour as many times as you want to - at the end of the event whichever players had the best time will win a prize. It saves your best time, so if you fail the first time you can try again!
There will be multiple parkour courses and the event will randomly choose which course to run on so it doesn't get boring.

Outback

Similar to the one recently introduced on Factions, we'll be introducing an Outback on Skyblock - an area where players will be able to mine ores and earn 'credits', but PvP will be enabled in the area - these credits will be spent on cool items like an autosell chest!

Printer

We're adding the /printer command to Skyblock. This pretty much allows you to use the printer function from schematica mod without needing to actually have any of the blocks already. You will pay for them as you place them! Read more detail in this thread.

Other Misc Updates

- You'll now be able to SEARCH for playerwarps! So you could type /pwarp search WelshAlex and see any pwarps I've made!
- Your scoreboard will display relevant information like your island level, balance, and number of people on your island.
- Overhauled crate prizes
- People will disappear within a small radius of the shop NPC so he's not overcrowded.

That's pretty much all we have to announce at the moment, it's a lot to take in but we hope you're excited for this new season of Skyblock and the features we're introducing because we sure are!
well

alexhalerdh

Diamond
alexhalerdh
alexhalerdh
Diamond
Printer sounds really good but sad about the red stone farming

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Can't wait for these changes! Will there ever be updates for SMP or Prisons in the future as well?

Joostagram

pas méchante et à des sentiments
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Builder
Diamond
Joostagram
Joostagram
Senior Moderator
YASSSS

Sara7645

Always Classy and a little bit sassy 🤪🍭
Staff member
Diamond
Sara7645
Sara7645
gg

AmazingPiggy

/tpa amazingpiggy for a raid!!!
Diamond
AmazingPiggy
AmazingPiggy
Diamond
looks nice i might start playing sb now

BirthtoBurial

G R E A T B O Y
Diamond
BirthtoBurial
BirthtoBurial
Senior Moderator
Sounds lovely. Can't wait to play. Interesting idea to limit redstone farms. Hopefully it will keep players more active in their farming!

DabOnDatCheese

Not Toxic
MVP
Diamond
DabOnDatCheese
DabOnDatCheese
MVP
why not 1.13 smp

ProfessorSlimez

A d M i N
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond
Professowor
Professowor
Senior Moderator
ooooo I'm excited :D

MrSwalbert

Ex-Mod
Diamond
MrSwalbert
MrSwalbert
Diamond
Nice! Some good changes.

Jackelele

Michael Gray
Emerald
Diamond
Jackelele
Jackelele
Emerald
Maybe these new farming rules will fix the unstable economy

NightsPath

Ooferator
Staff member
Diamond
NightsPath
NightsPath
Excited to the new update!

CowBelly_21

Diamond
CowBelly_21
CowBelly_21
Diamond
do you need to use crop hoppers or are water streams leading to a hopper leading to an autosell chest good?

also cool might come join skyblock

also again: does skyblock have cactus as the best money maker like factions or is it spawners? (now that redstone farms are stopped to reduce lag)

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Can't wait for these changes! Will there ever be updates for SMP or Prisons in the future as well?
Yes! We're trying our best to work our way through gamemodes without forgetting any.
Factions is obviously the most demanding and requires pretty much constant work but behind the scenes we've been doing stuff for all gamemodes :)

EliteGamer687

EliteGamer687
EliteGamer687
do you need to use crop hoppers or are water streams leading to a hopper leading to an autosell chest good?

also cool might come join skyblock

also again: does skyblock have cactus as the best money maker like factions or is it spawners? (now that redstone farms are stopped to reduce lag)
I believe it will be like factions

Scrumpy

I love space. Both personal and outter space.
Diamond
Scrumpy__
Scrumpy__
Diamond
Sounds awesome! Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.