What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skycade Changes for 2019

Good Ideas?

• yes

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes and no

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolguy

Mick#6918
Diamond
Iron
coolguy
coolguy
Diamond
25 people
0 allies

Trucing is bannable
All factions for themselves
Period.

Scrumpy

I love space. Both personal and outter space.
Diamond
Scrumpy__
Scrumpy__
Diamond
If my knowledge is correct (please correct me if I am wrong) OVH was the website hosting company so that would not have affected the servers region, There is most likely a good reason they have moved the location of the server, Whatever that be.

t3rminallyg33ky

Diamond
t3rminallyg33ky
t3rminallyg33ky
Diamond
OVH are definitely servers as well. As far as I know bad things happened with billing with OVH, which resulted in the forums data being lost.

I'm also keen to see a move back to North America. I run a hosting company myself and can help with quality US based servers if that's of any interest to staff, no profit for me, just want better pings!

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
25 people
0 allies

Trucing is bannable
All factions for themselves
Period.
here here

If my knowledge is correct (please correct me if I am wrong) OVH was the website hosting company so that would not have affected the servers region, There is most likely a good reason they have moved the location of the server, Whatever that be.
From what i have been told it was because when the OH incident happened Skycade needed to find a host to get the server back up and the fastest and best possible spot was Germany so they moved there i reckon now seemings theyre is time they should move back to the USA :)

OVH are definitely servers as well. As far as I know bad things happened with billing with OVH, which resulted in the forums data being lost.

I'm also keen to see a move back to North America. I run a hosting company myself and can help with quality US based servers if that's of any interest to staff, no profit for me, just want better pings!
Yeah thankyou for the feedback vote on the poll and like the post if you agree with a bunch of stuff here the more awareness we spread the more likely we can get these ideas pushed to a possibility of them happening :)

Scrumpy

Diamond
Scrumpy__
Scrumpy__
Diamond
here here

From what i have been told it was because when the OH incident happened Skycade needed to find a host to get the server back up and the fastest and best possible spot was Germany so they moved there i reckon now seemings theyre is time they should move back to the USA :)

Yeah thankyou for the feedback vote on the poll and like the post if you agree with a bunch of stuff here the more awareness we spread the more likely we can get these ideas pushed to a possibility of them happening :)
Ah okay, Didn't realize OVH was also the Minecraft host, Thanks for the info.

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Ah okay, Didn't realize OVH was also the Minecraft host, Thanks for the info.
np OVH is a web hosting and VPS service i believe so \o-o/

Scrumpy

Diamond
Scrumpy__
Scrumpy__
Diamond

t3rminallyg33ky

Diamond
t3rminallyg33ky
t3rminallyg33ky
Diamond
They do cloud, dedicated, VPS, all kinds of servers and services relating to the Internet really.

The issue with an international user base is you can't get it perfect for everyone. North America or Singapore are the best for Worldwide in my experience, especially if you get a provider that is well peered with other providers around the world.

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
They do cloud, dedicated, VPS, all kinds of servers and services relating to the Internet really.

The issue with an international user base is you can't get it perfect for everyone. North America or Singapore are the best for Worldwide in my experience, especially if you get a provider that is well peered with other providers around the world.
ye thats why i recommended united states central as that is the fairest across the board for all regions of the world. With the dedicated and the vps skycade use a vps to host the servers except third party programs such as recaptcha or cloudflare

PuLsE_Cotton

play.kaicade.net (joke plz no ban)
Diamond
Diagonalem
Diagonalem
Diamond
Hello thought i might mash everything which i have seen players request or talk about into one feel free to leave comments on these matters.

Servers
-
Reset the "Prisons" server and make a list of possible things you are going to add/implement/remove and get community feedback on how it should be made as Prisons lasted about a week or 2 until it died i believe if Prisons is revamped properly and how the community wants it it'll be a lot more profitable for Skycade and a lot more enjoyable for players as they will be willing to spend money on the server to keep its upkeep.
- Remove "Kitmap" and make a Kitmap as a event after the purge at the end of every factions map which lasts for 1-2 weeks and possibly in replace of Kitmap bring back OP-Factions as i know that actually had active players these days Kitmap is more like that game-mode which no one remembers from Season 5 which was a horrible idea and got cancelled after like a month basically Kitmap is dead bring back OP-Factions as it-ll be profitable as people will actually play it.
- Invest in a cannon test server so that players can test cannons on Skycade instead of on a server such as Oneshot and this server is only accessible to people who have proved to Staff they can cannon to avoid abuse of the server and still allows people to test Skycade's cannoning limits while in a safe environment + it will also help you guys with how cannons work and possibly help optimise cannoning on the server :) (I said optimise not fix just remember BD)

Factions
-
Nerf the economy specifically towards Cactus as you said you nerfed it but well its how everyone made their millions.
- Fix the general lag when cannons are firing or even when the server has max players online
- Disable Regens like most Factions servers do then people will have to be active to make sure they are not getting raided instead of going offline with the chance that the cannon wont bust the Regen. Essentially just disable em so people have to be actively playing to defend and it will make cannoning a lot easier and make cannons easier so therefore more raiding and more competition.
- Make the TNT limit for cannons 1500
- Add "Outpost" as a permanent event so Factions are always trying to keep it captured such as the Outpost gives you say a 1.5x increase in sell profits for iron golems for example meaning all the Factions on the server who use Iron Golems will be trying to capture it and sell they're profit before it gets captured again. (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/outpost-premium-1-8-x-1-12-x-under-recode.38657/)
- Increase the Hopper limit to 128 and add a feature so you can possibly check how many Hoppers are in a chunk
- Add Proper Cannoning rules (Will add a example of rules myself and a cannoner made (Wino))
- Add KB Sticks so we can hit Creepers obviously add a way so that they cannot be used against players only Creepers

- Make 25 man factions and 2 allies if you do the above suggestions the server will actually be a active competition server and people will actually fill 25 man Factions. or even get rid and make it no allies so its a free for all with all the factions to heavily increase competitiveness and raiding
- Ban Senior Moderators+ From playing the server in a faction that is on /f top 1 this will avoid Staff bias between the Factions which has been seen with high ranking Staff purposely ignoring players from enemy Factions when they need help Senior Moderator+ is being nice personally it should be like SaicoPvP where no Staff are allowed to be in a Faction.

KitPvP
-
Make the Kit refresh command 1500 coins not 2500 coins to make it fair for newer players.

SMP
- Fix the portal at spawn to actually go to the mining world
- Increase the total amount of claim blocks that are available to users
- Fix the bug that allows you to fly in other worlds
- Add some crates like the Mystery Crates to SMP with items that would be useful for SMP or rare items in SMP
- Possibly add a tutorial section when people first join SMP to explain how to play SMP and use its functions this will reduce people having to askin chat how to play instead they learn how to play from the server itself!
- Add Cactus to the shop in SMP if it is not added yet
- The suggestions above were from @TessieBear76 now moving on to suggestions from other SMP players
- Add Ender Pearls to the shop for selling
- Make a shop sign so you can just sell your entire inventory instead of selling one stack at a time and so on
- Also so you do not have to have 64 of a item to sell at the shop you can have however many you want and it will figure out the price and sell it
- Add other items to the shop eg wood
- Add more homes
- Implement a way so you can have chests public but still in a users claim
- Make it so you can trust people in only certain parts of your claims kind of like owner claims on Factions
- Make a way so you can Teleport to your claims as a lot of new players do not set homes at their claims

Network
-
Change or at least modify the Anti-cheat for different settings on Different servers so that it is optimised for each different Server. Also if it is not already make it so say someone is using Kill-aura on Factions it notify's a Staff member on SMP so they can come check it out. Or even try using a different anti-cheat and configuring that and seeing if it works better its not a matter of "no it wont work AAC (Advanced Anti-Cheat) is the best paid etc etc" its more a "Hey we might as well give it a try testing out a new anti-cheat to see if we get better performance with equal detection of players" at least try to make it better you have to discover not go off prices
- Change the server location back to North America (was in Canada)
Firstly the server being in Europe, Germany not only gives Australians a incredibly horrible ping and connection but also makes any Australian Staffs footage for punishments very questionable.
Secondly the rough ping estimations for each of the 4 major regions of the world are as follows these connections look very one sided and unfair for a majority of the world.
Rough Ping Estimations on European Server.
Oceania (Australia): 300-450ms
North America: 150-250ms
South America: 200-400ms
Europe: 5-80ms

Thirdly here is a rough ping estimation of connections from the 4 Major regions if the Server was hosted in around Central United States of America.
Rough Ping Estimations on Central USA Server.
Oceania (Australia): 200-300ms
North America: 5-100ms
South America: 175-275ms
Europe: 120-220ms

As you can clearly see having a server hosted in the Central USA is much fairer for anyone within the 4 major regions in the world with all the locations having connections which are relatively playable as you know i am a Australian player and would be very happy to get anywhere near just below 300ms
I do not see why the Staff even moved the server to Europe and Germany in the first place when clearly the USA was essentially the fairest for everyone yes i know what happened with OVH but i am sure you could have found a new hosting company that could host the server within the USA if you wish to debate this feel free in the reply's section as i will be more than happy to talk about this with anyone especially Staff.
- Add a one time ReCaptcha on the server for the very first log in off a user to confirm they are not a bot this will prevent Bot Attacks this can be done by showing on someones very first join and if they pass it they never have to do it again if they fail within say 30 seconds they get kicked from the server and when they rejoin they have to do it again till they can confirm it is a actual person doing the ReCaptcha and ill prevent Bots from even getting past Hub (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/captcha-50-off-beta-version.36057/)

Discord
- Add Mee6 as a Auto Moderation in the discord to delete Spam, Chat flood and swearing within the server it takes no effort to setup and would take at most 10 minutes to setup including adding permissions for Staff.
- Add a way for users to skip songs on the auto-play in case a rubbish song comes up which no one wants to hear but add the DJ Permission so
that players cannot add songs of their own

Ranks
- Give ranks the ability to have a Bold "OOF" in chat

Cannon Rules
No left or right shooting allowed
No Roof cannoning allowed above y:255
No Overlay Cannons allowed
Autos are not allowed a player must be at the cannoning shooting it manually
all nuking types allowed at any Y-level
You cannot use more than 2 cannons during a raid
Midairs are allowed
No wall removers allowed

Thankyou for reading

Dictator_Alideen

(ALSO REMEMBER TO POST WHAT YOU LIKE AND DISLIKE SO THE ADMINS CAN SEE THE COMMUNITY'S VIEWS ON THESE IDEAS AND TO SPREAD AND PROMOTE THIS THREAD SO EVERYONE HAS A VOICE ON THE MATTER ON ALL SERVERS SKYBLOCK TO SMP TO FACTIONS ETC)
Mostly good ideas

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
As always lots of good ideas, lots of ill-informed bad ideas and lots of ideas that might benefit you personally but won't benefit others.

Really awful thread, though. There is absolutely no way to reasonably discuss these ideas because they span several gamemodes and actual ideas.
If I wanted to address the thread I couldn't possibly do so in a way that would be useful because it'd get massively confusing, and then when anyone replies to my reply it'd be even more confusing.

Because of that I'm locking the thread, I recommend you keep it to 1 suggestion per thread so that way it can be discussed properly. Feel free to make several more useful threads concerning what you've written about here.

So people are aware, despite this thread not mentioning it, the next gamemode we're focusing on is Skyblock so we're looking for those ideas specifically atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.