What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skycade Discord: Frequently Asked Questions

Recalibrationaly

One act of kindness truly makes a big difference
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Buryings
Buryings
Diamond
Hello Skycade!

I am making this post to answer most frequently asked questions around the skycade discord server, there are lots of people asking similar questions and so it would be pretty good if you could find everything to their questions in one place.
If you believe that I have missed anything in this post, feel free to feedback below of what to add/edit!

faq_skycade.png

Q1: Where do i get my rank?
A:
To get your rank, message a SrMod or higher in-game, or on the forums enquiring about getting your Iron, Gold, Diamond etc. rank in the discord. If there isn't one online, feel free to message them in the discord ( https://discord.gg/skycade )

Q2: How/Why can/cant i post in #channel-name?
A: You are able to post in #channel-name if you have the correct level! The Skycade discord has a levelling system which gives you perks after every so level. Here's the list of Perks & Information: https://prnt.sc/t8isq0 ( Provided by @iiSpace + This is only discord related (https://discord.gg/skycade))

Q3: I'm banned, but don't have a forums account. How do i appeal my punishment?
A:
You can still appeal, though only if you are not also banned in the discord! Create an appeal with format linked HERE. Once your appeal is done, send it to a Mod in the skycade discord BUT, not the Moderator/Staff Member that banned you! (if you were banned by a Moderator).

Q4: How do i get self assignable roles?
A: You can get self assigned roles by heading over to the discord channel "#guidelines", then scrolling up a little should bring you a list of selectable roles which you are able to select. Note: Selecting these roles will enable Staff members to ping the relating roles. E.g. If you have selected the "Events" role, you will be pinged in #events if an event is taking place.

Q5: How do i know when movie night or an event is taking place?
A: Like the previous FaQ, you can head over to #guidelines and select the "Movie Night" or "Events" role. Movie nights are usually hosted on Saturday @ 6pm UK Time (By @Icy) and occasionally on Wednesday's by @apartmentalize or @J0NBE4R.

Q6: How do i get the “DJ” Role in the skycade discord?
A: You are able to get the discord role by having Discord nitro and then Nitro boosting the skycade discord or having “Emerald” rank.

This post will be updated, leave things in comments if i have missed any Important questions, Thank you.

Last edited:

Sai

SAI7
SAI7
cringe

apartmentalize

Epic Gamer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Apartmentalize
Apartmentalize
Senior Moderator
FYI: this’ll be in the announcement next movie night BUT I don’t generally host them. I’ve been hosting them since Jon hasn’t been able too but Jon will likely be hosting the one after Shrek (this Wednesday) and so on. I’d be happy to fill in though if he needs it sometime ❤

Nice thread though.

Celmestra

Professional KOTH Capper.
Emerald
Diamond
Celmestra
Celmestra
Emerald
Hello Skycade!

I am making this post to answer most frequently asked questions around the skycade discord server, there are lots of people asking similar questions and so it would be pretty good if you could find everything to their questions in one place.
If you believe that I have missed anything in this post, feel free to feedback below of what to add/edit!

View attachment 22021

Q1: Where do i get my rank?
A:
To get your rank, message a SrMod or higher in-game, or on the forums enquiring about getting your Iron, Gold, Diamond etc. rank in the discord. If there isn't one online, feel free to message them in the discord ( https://discord.gg/skycade )

Q2: How/Why can/cant i post in #channel-name?
A: You are able to post in #channel-name if you have the correct level! The Skycade discord has a levelling system which gives you perks after every so level. Here's the list of Perks & Information ( Provided by @iiSpace )

Q3: I'm banned, but don't have a forums account. How do i appeal my punishment?
A:
You can still appeal, though only if you are not also banned in the discord! Create an appeal with format linked HERE. Once your appeal is done, send it to a Mod in the skycade discord BUT, not the Moderator/Staff Member that banned you! (if you were banned by a Moderator).

Q4: How do i get self assignable roles?
A: You can get self assigned roles by heading over to the discord channel "#guidelines", then scrolling up a little should bring you a list of selectable roles which you are able to select. Note: Selecting these roles will enable Staff members to ping the relating roles. E.g. If you have selected the "Events" role, you will be pinged in #events if an event is taking place.

Q5: How do i know when movie night or an event is taking place?
A: Like the previous FaQ, you can head over to #guidelines and select the "Movie Night" or "Events" role. Movie nights are usually hosted on Saturday @ 6pm UK Time (By @Icy) and occasionally on Wednesday's by @apartmentalize or @J0NBE4R.

This post will be updated, leave things in comments if i have missed any Important questions, Thank you.
Some of these questions don’t make much sense to be on the forum just to point that out. It does give the impression you just copy and pasted them. That’s just my opinion though.

Nonetheless this post is still useful. Especially for people banned on the discord.

Recalibrationaly

Diamond
Gold
Iron
Buryings
Buryings
Diamond
Some of these questions don’t make much sense to be on the forum just to point that out. It does give the impression you just copy and pasted them. That’s just my opinion though.

Nonetheless this post is still useful. Especially for people banned on the discord.
Thanks and every word was written by me lol

Celmestra

Professional KOTH Capper.
Emerald
Diamond
Celmestra
Celmestra
Emerald
Thanks and every word was written by me lol
Then possibly adjust the questions to 1. Stop that impression and 2. So that they suit being on the forums. Like the self assignable roles question. Self assignable roles do not exist on the forums so that could cause some confusion, possibly either change the words used or remove that question. The why can’t I post in a channel, doesn’t really have any use to be on the forums. Nobody is going to come to the forums to figure that out. But as for question 1, 3 and 5 they seem fine.

This is just some friendly advice so please don’t take this the wrong way! This post is still really helpful!

JustNoo

PROFESSIONAL RANDO
Staff member
Emerald
Diamond
JustNoo
JustNoo
While it's nice that you took the time out of your day to write this, I don't think many players will actually use it - after all, there is a comprehensive Discord FAQ list just like this in the #links-and-faq channel, the issue is just that nobody bothers to read it before asking in #staff-help

Recalibrationaly

Diamond
Gold
Iron
Buryings
Buryings
Diamond
Then possibly adjust the questions to 1. Stop that impression and 2. So that they suit being on the forums. Like the self assignable roles question. Self assignable roles do not exist on the forums so that could cause some confusion, possibly either change the words used or remove that question. The why can’t I post in a channel, doesn’t really have any use to be on the forums. Nobody is going to come to the forums to figure that out. But as for question 1, 3 and 5 they seem fine.

This is just some friendly advice so please don’t take this the wrong way! This post is still really helpful!

Okay, thanks! though i guess it's just something if someone asks one of the questions in the discord, they can be linked this perhaps? In addition, it is titled "Skycade discord" so of course it won't relate to the forums, but where applicable, I've added the skycade discord link :p

While it's nice that you took the time out of your day to write this, I don't think many players will actually use it - after all, there is a comprehensive Discord FAQ list just like this in the #links-and-faq channel, the issue is just that nobody bothers to read it before asking in #staff-help
Yeah true, but linking back to what i said to Celmestra above ^, they could be linked this in advance?

I dont see a list of perks and information D:
Will add it haha!

To all: Thanks for your feedback :)

JustNoo

PROFESSIONAL RANDO
Staff member
Emerald
Diamond
JustNoo
JustNoo
Yeah true, but linking back to what i said to Celmestra above ^, they could be linked this in advance?
They could be linked this, but I mean we could also just link #links-and-faq which is what I've started doing lately

Recalibrationaly

Diamond
Gold
Iron
Buryings
Buryings
Diamond
They could be linked this, but I mean we could also just link #links-and-faq which is what I've started doing lately
Yeah, oh well lol

JoelSucksAtMC

100 MESSAGES :PogChamp:
Emerald
Diamond
J_el
J_el
Emerald
good thread by mr buryings and 100th message PogChamp