What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skycade is going downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
Hello there, I wonder if you knew that skycade is going downhill and what is causing it and how the server is turning to a bad server. What is causing skycade to go downhill and what should change to fix it:

Reason No.1) The staff team. Currently I dont like the NEW staff members as they just dont know what was the server back in 2017 (When I first joined and yes I do state that I joined in 2018 but I tried to keep it a secret that I am an OLD player of skycade even in applications), then we have the Managers who have removed everything fun on this server and made it more boring so that needs a fix.

No.2) Addition of ranks. The addition of ranks wasnt needed and + all you needed to do was remove a few permissions. Read this article it states these following rules of what you cannot sell for hard cash (irl cash) and what cosmetics skycade sold which werent allowed and arent to this day.

a) set the time of day or weather, for yourself or others, other than in places where the intended server's gameplay does not occur, such as the lobby of a minigame server.
b)see the crafting recipe for an item, or the ability to craft an item automatically.
c) fly in places where the intended server's gameplay occurs
and thats all you could have kept the pets and everything if you read properly.

No.3) the community. The community of the server used to be:
2017-2018: player 1 "HA I killed you can I join the faction" Player 2 "I guess so since you killed me"

NOW: player 1 "I killed you can I join the faction now" player 2 "NO, because you dont have a rank"

No.4) The rules. The rules are strict now I can see that we have 9yr olds on this server but hackusating is allowed on bigger servers (Lite hackusating is allowed which is that you dont caps and spam). Then you also have No Redstone Crop Farms (Factions/Skyblock) which is a bad move for a non P2W server some ppl like me dont wanna spend hard cash on mystery crate keys to get some soft cash.

5.) Jack,WelshAlex and iiSpace. Now I know that the managers are hard working but they are not like the previous ones LIKE Holly or Turkeydinasour WHO listened to us all but you dont care you only want to attract people to the server to buy ranks and etc... Remember welsh all you are doing is making me and others want to FIND a BETTER SERVER than this one.

6.) Some staff members lie in such a way to get a person banned or muted for a single word Yes I am sometimes this person but only when the person has done something wrong like breaking a rule several times so I try my best to find them and get only like a 15second video of them breaking a rule but please be fair.

I am ready for negative replies and honestly IDC about them I have found a better community which likes me more and all the negative comments will do nothing to me + if this gets removed I will keep on posting it even if you ip ban my account or whatever I do know how to get around with this.

ephrat

Weeeeeee 🙃 • 13
Diamond
JustNahh
JustNahh
Diamond
Bruh, you obviously are not a long term player. There was a whole incident with Turkey and also, who tries to keep it a secret that they are an old player? Lol, you obviously no nothing about skycade and it’s history. Please refrain from making posts like this if you don’t have enough info.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
I know very well I did was a player in 2017 but I didnt just play much abd I know this because I was still living in moscow.

MarvelDC

forgets functions I wrote yesterday
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
MarvelDC
MarvelDC
Senior Moderator
I am ready for negative replies and honestly IDC about them I have found a better community which likes me more and all the negative comments will do nothing to me + if this gets removed I will keep on posting it even if you ip ban my account or whatever I do know how to get around with this.
Threatening to evade a punishment is one of the reasons why you will receive negative replies. If you don't care about Skycade, why this post?

All I see from this thread is that you are living in the past. Yes, Skycade has changed, and there have been decisions that some players may not like, but that is reality - it's inevitable. Saying that you 'don't like the new staff' or 'don't want to spend money' is not suggestions - they are just silly rants.
Please, create some proper suggestions, with actual fixes that can help, else this thread is useless.
(sorry if I come off being rude, but there have been so many of these types of threads, but none of them seem to 'help', even with good intention).

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
i agree skycade is going downhill but your reasons are dumb
No.1) The staff team. Currently I dont like the NEW staff members as they just dont know what was the server back in 2017 (When I first joined and yes I do state that I joined in 2018 but I tried to keep it a secret that I am an OLD player of skycade even in applications), then we have the Managers who have removed everything fun on this server and made it more boring so that needs a fix.
ok, i dont like some staff but deal with it.
why are u lying in ur app to get accepted lol

No.2) Addition of ranks. The addition of ranks wasnt needed and + all you needed to do was remove a few permissions. Read this article it states these following rules of what you cannot sell for hard cash (irl cash) and what cosmetics skycade sold which werent allowed and arent
Skycade had to also had to remove crates. They needed a way to earn money if they couldn't have so many things they did and so they did.

2017-2018: player 1 "HA I killed you can I join the faction" Player 2 "I guess so since you killed me"

NOW: player 1 "I killed you can I join the faction now" player 2 "NO, because you dont have a rank"
skycade cant fix this.

No.4) The rules. The rules are strict now I can see that we have 9yr olds on this server but hackusating is allowed on bigger servers (Lite hackusating is allowed which is that you dont caps and spam). Then you also have No Redstone Crop Farms (Factions/Skyblock) which is a bad move for a non P2W server some ppl like me dont wanna spend hard cash on mystery crate keys to get some soft cash.
then dont spend ur money here

5.) Jack,WelshAlex and iiSpace. Now I know that the managers are hard working but they are not like the previous ones LIKE Holly or Turkeydinasour WHO listened to us all but you dont care you only want to attract people to the server to buy ranks and etc... Remember welsh all you are doing is making me and others want to FIND a BETTER SERVER than this one.
no, i do not want joe back. Holly left on choice because they wanted to move on.

6.) Some staff members lie in such a way to get a person banned or muted for a single word Yes I am sometimes this person but only when the person has done something wrong like breaking a rule several times so I try my best to find them and get only like a 15second video of them breaking a rule but please be fair.
they need evidence for everything?

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
how can you not like the new staff team? ( you mean helpers right )
senior and mat are great girls :)

YS8

Ex helper
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
The staff team. Currently I dont like the NEW staff members as they just dont know what was the server back in 2017 (When I first joined and yes I do state that I joined in 2018 but I tried to keep it a secret that I am an OLD player of skycade even in applications), then we have the Managers who have removed everything fun on this server and made it more boring so that needs a fix.
I really dont get what you are saying here, how do they make it boring at all? You can play

Addition of ranks. The addition of ranks wasn't needed and + all you needed to do was remove a few permissions. Read this article it states these following rules of what you cannot sell for hard cash (irl cash) and what cosmetics skycade sold which weren't allowed and aren't to this day.
If you don't want to buy one don't, they aren't ruining your experience in any way

the community. The community of the server used to be:

It really isn't like that, nobody is bias towards ranks and if you log on to factions right now there's very few ranked players and most prefer not to buy anything, yet they are still in very big factions

The rules. The rules are strict now I can see that we have 9yr olds on this server but hackusating is allowed on bigger servers (Lite hackusating is allowed which is that you dont caps and spam). Then you also have No Redstone Crop Farms (Factions/Skyblock) which is a bad move for a non P2W server some ppl like me dont wanna spend hard cash on mystery crate keys to get some soft cash.
Hackusating is there to stop people ruining your experience and toggling hacks so they can stay on the server longer it's not bad for anyone.

Jack,WelshAlex and iiSpace. Now I know that the managers are hard working but they are not like the previous ones LIKE Holly or Turkeydinasour WHO listened to us all but you dont care you only want to attract people to the server to buy ranks and etc... Remember welsh all you are doing is making me and others want to FIND a BETTER SERVER than this one.
If you look in to what some of the old managers did you really wouldn't be praising them

Some staff members lie in such a way to get a person banned or muted for a single word Yes I am sometimes this person but only when the person has done something wrong like breaking a rule several times so I try my best to find them and get only like a 15second video of them breaking a rule but please be fair.
Ok so i have pretty much given up on being able to understand you at this point, never heard of a staff member doing that to be honest.

Kwuffin

誰もが旅持ってる。
Diamond
_____________yes
_____________yes
Diamond
Late 2017, early 2018 was Skycade's prime with up to 1.6k players online at the same time iirc.
After summer 2018 it really went downhill with sometimes not more than 200 players online, but I feel like Skycade is getting more popular now with an average of 400-500 players.

ephrat

Weeeeeee 🙃 • 13
Diamond
JustNahh
JustNahh
Diamond
how can you not like the new staff team? ( you mean helpers right )
senior and mat are great girls :)
May is a girl??!!!!

YS8

Ex helper
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
Late 2017, early 2018 was Skycade's prime with up to 1.6k players online at the same time iirc.
After summer 2018 it really went downhill with sometimes not more than 200 players online, but I feel like Skycade is getting more popular now with an average of 400-500 players.
Yeah I really hope this server doesn't decline i have put so much time into skycade and I generally love the server so much lol

Orange

Alex (Quit)
Diamond
OrangeArrow
OrangeArrow
Diamond
Poorly written, you could have at least been more specific, included things that haven't already been addressed, and you could have also not included redundant information.

Beaverman1

You've seen my voiceover video's
Iron
Beaverman1
Beaverman1
Iron
i'm about to end this man's whole career

Reason No.1) The staff team. Currently I dont like the NEW staff members as they just dont know what was the server back in 2017 (When I first joined and yes I do state that I joined in 2018 but I tried to keep it a secret that I am an OLD player of skycade even in applications), then we have the Managers who have removed everything fun on this server and made it more boring so that needs a fix
I don't even get what your point is here. Sure we have lost alot of good staff members but we still have competent staff members.
No.2) Addition of ranks. The addition of ranks wasnt needed and + all you needed to do was remove a few permissions. Read this article it states these following rules of what you cannot sell for hard cash (irl cash) and what cosmetics skycade sold which werent allowed and arent to this day.
Skycade needs money to keep running, I bet you skycade isn't a thing today without ranks. 100% needed

We can't do anything about that! thats not our fault.
Hackusating is annoying and hard for staff, if you want to know why in an extra explained way read this
As Pigmatt said, we don't want Joe back, he was a disgusting human being. Holly was good i'll give you that.
If they break a rule even with a word, then they can be muted. I think the staff team need more training but this isn't a big issue

Soapy

Diamond
Soapywag
Soapywag
Diamond
Bruh, you obviously are not a long term player. There was a whole incident with Turkey and also, who tries to keep it a secret that they are an old player? Lol, you obviously no nothing about skycade and it’s history. Please refrain from making posts like this if you don’t have enough info.
I mean hes not wrong

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
XmasCookie
XmasCookie
Diamond

Which planet are you living on?

SmexyTeemo

RinTosaka
RinTosaka
Lol what the heck is this thread all about. Complaining is not going to change anything... Trust me I have done that for god knows how many times.

Materializing

@erhip is cuter
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
First of all this thread was so incredibly hard to read and it’s obvious to me that you didn’t put much effort in... anything written here.
Now for my response.

1) In my opinion, not liking new staff members is understandable, but also not smart. Helpers and new mods are new to the staff team - they aren’t going to do everything right, first time. We learn. That’s what we do. If you have a conflict with a staff member, as well, that’s fine, but it’s just not enough to say that Skycade is going downhill because of your personal opinion on someone.

2.) Cosmetic ranks were absolutely needed. Not for the players, but for the server. It costs a lot of money to keep a server like Skycade up and running. Most rank items aren’t pay to win, they’re purely cosmetic and are an easy way to support the server with a large amount of money and still get something out of it.

3.) I don’t play factions often, but this honestly seems ridiculous. It’s not that non-ranked players don’t get invited to factions - it’s that a lot of the good factions players have ranks. A big difference. This happens for every other gamemode as well, like prison gangs, Skyblock teams, etc.

4.) Hackusating isn’t allowed for a good reason. Hackers toggle when people call them out in chat, and it’s generally annoying and spammy. The rules are pretty fair imo, if not needing some clarification.

5.) Holly had to leave due to school, and we all miss her, but Space is doing her best as manager, and she’s super busy too. The managers are fine, imo.

6.) This just isn’t true. Staff get tons of evidence before punishing (sometimes a little too much, hah

R

realoliver9912

First of all this thread was so incredibly hard to read and it’s obvious to me that you didn’t put much effort in... anything written here.
Now for my response.

1) In my opinion, not liking new staff members is understandable, but also not smart. Helpers and new mods are new to the staff team - they aren’t going to do everything right, first time. We learn. That’s what we do. If you have a conflict with a staff member, as well, that’s fine, but it’s just not enough to say that Skycade is going downhill because of your personal opinion on someone.

2.) Cosmetic ranks were absolutely needed. Not for the players, but for the server. It costs a lot of money to keep a server like Skycade up and running. Most rank items aren’t pay to win, they’re purely cosmetic and are an easy way to support the server with a large amount of money and still get something out of it.

3.) I don’t play factions often, but this honestly seems ridiculous. It’s not that non-ranked players don’t get invited to factions - it’s that a lot of the good factions players have ranks. A big difference. This happens for every other gamemode as well, like prison gangs, Skyblock teams, etc.

4.) Hackusating isn’t allowed for a good reason. Hackers toggle when people call them out in chat, and it’s generally annoying and spammy. The rules are pretty fair imo, if not needing some clarification.

5.) Holly had to leave due to school, and we all miss her, but Space is doing her best as manager, and she’s super busy too. The managers are fine, imo.

6.) This just isn’t true. Staff get tons of evidence before punishing (sometimes a little too much, hah
I don't see how space is doing her best as manager... But I agree this thread is absolute garbage

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
all fairness it is kinda bull shitty how we cant have redstone farms also there was a lot more uniqueness and community with the former administrator in mention (joe was never considered a manager or a owner more of a high ranking admin)
Now for my response.

thats bullshit ive been punished for bs things with hardly any evidence which only reason i saw was because a staff leaked it to me

Also if a high level player on Kitpvp were to get killed while almost getting the highest kill streak on the server and they called the guy out for hacking and they are would he get muted?
(example)

Status
Not open for further replies.