What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SkyCade needs money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange

Alex (Quit)
Diamond
OrangeArrow
OrangeArrow
Diamond
I'm pretty sure somewhere I read that SkyCade is in need of money and possibly not able to continue staying up due to financial reasons.
I got a simple solution:
-make a one time unban purchasable
-remove hosting of dead gamemodes(prison. kitmap, etc...)
And obviously if there's a lot of backlash from the community about the removal of gamemodes, they can always be added back...

MarvelDC

forgets functions I wrote yesterday
Staff member
Diamond
MarvelDC
MarvelDC
It doesn't cost anything to host prisons and kitmap as it runs from another server on Skycade, furthermore, allowing even onetime unbans is not a good idea in my opinion. We just had the unban all, which gave everyone who wasn't extremely bad a second chance, allowing them to join again.

If they decide to hack and buy the unban, it makes the unban all irrelevant. There are other points such as players who can afford the unban compared to the ones who can't.

ClanMitchell

The time is 5:46 for anyone who is wondering
Diamond
Gold
Iron
ClanMitchell
ClanMitchell
Diamond
Wait, skycade is in need of money? I’ll buy Christmas kit if my mum lets me

erhip

Dolphins are just sea dogs
Staff member
MVP
Diamond
czpella
czpella
Wait, skycade is in need of money? I’ll buy Christmas kit if my mum lets me
I’ve been wanting Christmas kit since start of December now , still to be released :(

kci66

We Have Probably Raided You
Diamond
kci66
kci66
Diamond
Hackers are less likely to ban if they buy a unban on the server, many servers sell unban and its not like a unban would be pay to win this idea would be a good idea to help the server earn more money

kci66

We Have Probably Raided You
Diamond
kci66
kci66
Diamond
It doesn't cost anything to host prisons and kitmap as it runs from another server on Skycade, furthermore, allowing even onetime unbans is not a good idea in my opinion. We just had the unban all, which gave everyone who wasn't extremely bad a second chance, allowing them to join again.

If they decide to hack and buy the unban, it makes the unban all irrelevant. There are other points such as players who can afford the unban compared to the ones who can't.

Just So You Are Aware, Hostin KitMap And Prisons Servers That Have Like 2 Players On Them, Does Cost, The Resources, Ram/Disc Space ETC Network Usage All Add Up And Could Be Better Used On Factions Which Lags Whenever Anyone PVP's, KOTH Is Just A Lag-A-Thon, and breaking blocks such as obi can sometimes take 3 times breaking it to actually break, they need to start working on the server lag rather than adding more useless Gamemodes

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Just So You Are Aware, Hostin KitMap And Prisons Servers That Have Like 2 Players On Them, Does Cost, The Resources, Ram/Disc Space ETC Network Usage All Add Up And Could Be Better Used On Factions Which Lags Whenever Anyone PVP's, KOTH Is Just A Lag-A-Thon, and breaking blocks such as obi can sometimes take 3 times breaking it to actually break, they need to start working on the server lag rather than adding more useless Gamemodes
Actually no, Alex himself said that prisons runs of the kitpvp server and kitmap with SMP. But yes, I do agree that the major lag is an issue that needs resolving.

Artistblock

Artistblock
Artistblock
Typing Like This Doesn't Make You Look Smart Also Use Periods They Are Good For Sentences

Th3VIk1ng

Weekend Warrior
Staff member
Th3Vik1ng
Th3Vik1ng
I'm pretty sure somewhere I read that SkyCade is in need of money and possibly not able to continue staying up due to financial reasons.
I got a simple solution:
-make a one time unban purchasable
-remove hosting of dead gamemodes(prison. kitmap, etc...)
And obviously if there's a lot of backlash from the community about the removal of gamemodes, they can always be added back...

You heard it from here: https://skycade.net/threads/store-changes.11577/

And making unbans purchasable is a bad idea as it can/will turn into a lot of refunds and time consuming problems we don't need.

They just had their second chance if they get banned is their own fault.

And as Astro said that the diff game modes runs on the same boxes so removing the game modes with low player count wouldn't really change a thing.

benjyboing

An ounce a day, to escape the pain.
Diamond
Iron
benjyboing
benjyboing
Diamond

Anything added to a server cost more. Network Usage, Ram/Disk Space which could be used on more popular servers such as Factions and SMP... I wish running two whole maps wouldn’t cost anything otherwise everyone would be doing it...

Actually no, Alex himself said that prisons runs of the kitpvp server and kitmap with SMP. But yes, I do agree that the major lag is an issue that needs resolving.
And as Astro said that the diff game modes runs on the same boxes so removing the game modes with low player count wouldn't really change a thing.
So what? Just because it runs alongside other game modes doesn’t magically make that usage disappear... you still need the resources to run the servers. You guys high or Sumin?

Last edited:

Pablo Escobar

KTA
KTA
1. $15 1st unban/unmute
$30 2nd unban/unmute
$50 3rd/more unban/unmute

2.Make a new online agreement just for the unbans so that it is nonrefundable

3.Make an unban cooldown (1 week).

2 options: A) Either have the cooldown, so one could not keep buying unbans then hacking again immediately.
B) Only allow 3 unbans for each IP

Orange

Alex (Quit)
Diamond
OrangeArrow
OrangeArrow
Diamond
Anything added to a server cost more. Network Usage, Ram/Disk Space which could be used on more popular servers such as Factions and SMP... I wish running two whole maps wouldn’t cost anything otherwise everyone would be doing it...

So what? Just because it runs alongside other game modes doesn’t magically make that usage disappear... you still need the resources to run the servers. You guys high or Sumin?
Exactly my point. They don't seem to understand that hosting gamemodes still costs money, sure maybe not a lot, but over time adds up to a lot of wasted money.
You heard it from here: https://skycade.net/threads/store-changes.11577/

And making unbans purchasable is a bad idea as it can/will turn into a lot of refunds and time consuming problems we don't need.

They just had their second chance if they get banned is their own fault.

Also it is my understanding that Moderators do not deal with purchases and refunds. Also you can argue that same argument for every single item in the shop(suffixes,keys,ranks,etc...). A lot of players tend to get false banned constantly and a purchasable unban would be an easy way to avoid the lengthy appealing process. Also from personal experience(and I'm sure many other players would agree) Staff tend to not fully read or even care about appeals so a purchasable unban would be a lifesaver. Also I understand there was an unban all, but this doesn't mean all players being banned right now are previously banned players. It would be unfair to not give a new player a second chance just as all the old players also, you are suggesting all players who would be purchasing unbans are players who were banned previously and then unbanned during the unban all.

erhip

Dolphins are just sea dogs
Staff member
MVP
Diamond
czpella
czpella
The issue with removing prisons is you’re taking a community away completely wiping it, just because you don’t play it doesn’t mean it’s dead. removing kitmap however wouldn’t have a negative effect. The people who play kitmap are majority faction players so they’d just move over to facs similar to when OPfac shut down all of the players just moved to classic

Th3VIk1ng

Weekend Warrior
Staff member
Th3Vik1ng
Th3Vik1ng
Exactly my point. They don't seem to understand that hosting gamemodes still costs money, sure maybe not a lot, but over time adds up to a lot of wasted money.

Also it is my understanding that Moderators do not deal with purchases and refunds. Also you can argue that same argument for every single item in the shop(suffixes,keys,ranks,etc...). A lot of players tend to get false banned constantly and a purchasable unban would be an easy way to avoid the lengthy appealing process. Also from personal experience(and I'm sure many other players would agree) Staff tend to not fully read or even care about appeals so a purchasable unban would be a lifesaver. Also I understand there was an unban all, but this doesn't mean all players being banned right now are previously banned players. It would be unfair to not give a new player a second chance just as all the old players also, you are suggesting all players who would be purchasing unbans are players who were banned previously and then unbanned during the unban all.

The chance between a a unban getting refunded and a suffix/key/rank getting refunded is way difference. As someone who pay for a unban and then get banned against is likely more to charge back than someone who bought a suffix or keys.

And many of the people who i banned now were banned for the same thing before unban all.

1. $15 1st unban/unmute
$30 2nd unban/unmute
$50 3rd/more unban/unmute

2.Make a new online agreement just for the unbans so that it is nonrefundable

3.Make an unban cooldown (1 week).

2 options: A) Either have the cooldown, so one could not keep buying unbans then hacking again immediately.
B) Only allow 3 unbans for each IP

With PayPal there is something called "Buyers protection" you can't make anything nonrefundable as people always have the right to charge back.

The usage are ofc there but it doesn't affect the main game modes and we do have players who play them so they are not getting removed.

benjyboing

An ounce a day, to escape the pain.
Diamond
Iron
benjyboing
benjyboing
Diamond
The usage are ofc there but it doesn't affect the main game modes and we do have players who play them so they are not getting removed.
Oh yeah I agree with you that they shouldn’t be removed I was just making the point that it still effects the other gamemodes which you guys seemed to disagree with. As a well behaved player i think the buying unban is a bad idea just because I don’t want players being able to buy there way out of a ban.

Last edited:

Pablo Escobar

KTA
KTA
Only reasons why OG's still play IS THE COMMUNITY OF other OG's. Other than that, skycade is a bunch of young and gullible kids looking up to Jack, staff members that are idiotic, or staff members that are tools and idiotic.

Th3VIk1ng

Weekend Warrior
Staff member
Th3Vik1ng
Th3Vik1ng
And with the smart comment from KTA i will lock this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.