What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skycade Weekly Special [Week 52]

SkyCade Weekly

i_love_my_fish
i_love_my_fish
Welcome to Skycade Weekly.

Skyblock
Skyblock is resetting on Aug 11th @ 5 pm UK / 12 pm EST. With the reset comes minions!
Islands will be 150 x 150 and you will be able to upgrade to up to 300 x 300. Upgrading to place a spawner has been removed and some prisons enchants and times have been introduced.
The economy is going to be melon based. The last thing we know about is the factions lottery system is being introduced.
No further news has been released about skyblock thus far, we wish you the best of luck with your island and pwarps!

Store
Introducing EMERALD RANK, a new rank above all previous ones. Emerald rank is different then the rest, it’s a subscription based rank and you must have [Diamond] before you can have it. It is like Hypixel’s MVP++.

There are multiple threads on the forums with players opinions. Some people seem to like it and some don’t.

Milestones
Skycade has reached 50k player bans. Congrats ItzNoah who not only got the 40,000th ban a little while ago but the 50,000th!
http://prntscr.com/okvger

Miscellaneous Updates
  • Discord has been remodeled.
  • Staff have the white chat with emerald ranks.

SMP + Skyblock Stats
Skyblock Pwarp Top:
nurse - 1604
zim - 1577
ender - 894
share - 696
bcof - 590

Skyblock Balance Top:
JamieGirlGamer19
Zim8a
EatMyPoopyTarts
Shaydaan
TheBoncy

SMP Balance Top:
TinyCookies
MOPP4
iCarBen
Baterade
TheDankDoodler

SMP Pwarp Top:
shop - 1223
fishies - 579
hawaii - 533
pancake - 518
fish - 507

Factions FTOP
Illusion - 370k
Berlin - 113k
Origin - 26k
Unknown - 16k
Seekers - 11k
Victory - 9k
Oculus - 7k
Anomaly - 6k
Prisma - 1k

Sara7645 | Interview 2
No we do not have plans to do more then 1 interview per person. Don't ask.

How do you feel about the fact that you got to experience how it was like to be Bcof (getting demoted all the time) did you enjoy this period? Do you think it helped you become a better person? Or did it make you sad?
- Being demoted back to helper when you were previously a moderator is near the worst thing anyone could ever do to you. Having all these perms and then getting them taken away when you are used to having them is sooooooo bad. I couldnt use /v and like being helper the second time is like wayyyyyy worse and more stressful I felt like. And having Bcof in your judgment group makes everything even more stressful. Every five seconds he just goes on and on about his developer things and asks you to look at something.

Emerald Rank is supposed to be released soon, how do you feel about the fact that Skycade is adding another rank (that is supposedly subscription-based) is it a good idea or a bad one? (Asked before announced)
- I can not comment on this supposed "Emerald Rank" you so speak of.... If Skycade was to add another rank though I am sure it would be very nice and very worth the price that it is assigned to be!! It would be a good idea though cause then players would have more access to certain things!

Are you enjoying your time on the staff team? Do you reckon you'll be on it for a long time or do you think you'll leave it in the near future?
- I am enjoying my time on my staff team. I dont really know how long ill stay on the team though! With school starting I may become a bit more inactive trying to focus on certain things :D but im sure ill manage a way to stay on the server!

It’s week 52!
Let’s look at some best moments regarding Skycade Weekly.
Of course, we can’t get Week 1 on the old forums but we do have this forums.

Here is how we welcomed ourselves back to these forums.

There are a few differences about Skycade Weekly, including that we restarted at Week 1 because of the forums reset and we post them all on this account 'SkyCade Weekly'! Quick note there is some old news, all news in this thread is from the second to last thread that went up on the old forums, Anyways lets get into the news…
Also in Week 1, we did our first interview which when PigMatt was reading it making this thread, still finds it funny!
(Interview with JustNoo)

Q: What’s your Irl name or any nicknames you would like to share?
A: See my youtube channel for it, subscribe while you're at it

Q: What do you must enjoy about being staff on skycade?
A: Abusing obv

Q: Do you have another job IRL? If so, what is it?
A: Banning nerds from the lego store

Q: Do you enjoy and get along with other staff members?
A: Indeed

Q: Why did you apply for the staff role? How many times did you apply?
A. Once, because I enjoy staffing and helping out the server + BANNING NERDS

Q: What is your favorite staff role so far?
A: Mod bcuz helper bad

Q: Do you conseter yourself active?
A: No I log on once per millennium

Q: What was your favorite moment as a staff member?
A. Too many of them to pinpoint one

Q: What is your favorite hobby besides gaming
A. What's real life?

Q: Anything else you would like to share?
A: I'll share these totally serious answers

Week 2 is when laike has officially resigned and Steve became our new writer! He decided the first thread he did would have this as it’s intro.

Let's get rooiiiight into the news (ripoff from Keemstar)!
Week 2 was very long, we had a huge part about post farming witch I believe is one of our longer threads to this day (also, it’s our longest sub-topic)

https://skycade.net/threads/skycade-weekly-week-2.1236/

Week 3 was when Skycades Alert started (long ago!)

Week 5 hackedbydarkbow I mean bcof started having us put weird crap at the end of the threads. Week 8, 11 and 12 include him to, we have saved you from viewing them.

Here is a interview from DarkNinja (Week 16)

In your one year of staff what would you say has been the hardest things to do?:
Get a k/d above 0.2 on kit.

What would you say is your biggest mistake as staff?:
I dropped my mouse on my keyboard and broke my P key making it hard to tpo.

When you noticed holly had messaged you after the end of your helper period what was your reaction (prior to reading the message)?:
Well I saw it then ignored it to finish drinking my tea. Then opened it and said yes.

What would you say is your favorite thing to do as staff?:
Catching someone who's hiding that they're cheating well and mouthing at others in chat is satisfying.

Off the top of your head, how many times have you punished fellow staff?:

What would you say was your favorite season?:
S9 reapers v edaters drama on opfactions

Do you think strafe needs a nerf?:
Strafe is useless if u can't soup like me

When you first joined Skycade did you ever think you would become staff?:
No at that point I was just solo playing random servers but I got caught up in JustNoos fac and just kinda stayed then got staff a few months later \o/
Week 17 was the ban reset :eek:, Wow that was long ago.

Here is a funny moment from Week 17 (NoSkill Interview)!

Seventh Question: What in your opinion is your greatest accomplishment as staff? Not getting demoted by Taon (jokes don't ban me please)
Week 19 never got the colors we use for our topics, steve said he would change it but it never happened o_O

shit. I forgot to colourize the section areas xD
It's fine for now I'll fix it next time I hop on that account.
Week 21 was the first big faction part, we plan on bringing that back later.
Week 22 had many bans..
BANs:

-xlVen banned for Alt limit, his appeal was accepted and he is now unbanned.
-Sn1proam banned for Alt limit, his appeal was answered with "already dealt with" so I'm assuming he's been unbanned.
-Kwot banned for bug abuse, he hasn't made an appeal so I'm assuming he's still banned.
-Frappuacino banned for glitching [extended] his appeal was accepted and his ban reduced to 40d (last chance).
-HaHii banned for Alt claiming, his appeal was accepted and he is now unbanned.
-treedemolisher banned for Insiding, his appeal was accepted and he is now unbanned.
-Fractalbro banned for Insiding, I haven't seen an appeal so I assume he's still banned.
-RappingBananas extended for minor bug abuse, likewise haven't seen an appeal so I assume he's still banned.
-Chxxky extended for Malicious Hacks, no appeal as of yet so I assume he's still banned.
-DeltaBlade banned for bug abuse, he appealed and the situation has been dealt with, I assume that means he's unbanned.
-CoolGuysEgirl banned for Malicious Hacks, he evaded on MrPumkinLegend and both accounts are still banned, multiple appeals were made but all denied.
Week 29 was locked due to people fighting about skycade daily, lets skip that shall we!

SkyCade Weekly

i_love_my_fish
i_love_my_fish
Here is an amazing interview from Week 34 (w/ Lenoraa)

How did it feel getting your first punishment?
When I was about to get my first punishment my palms were sweaty, knees were weak, arms were heavy, then before I could click on the punishment my mom yelled moms spaghetti. But either way I was able to punish the hecking hacker and that’s all that matters. It had really felt that this was the start of a long anticipated journey that I will take on as being a staff member!

What’s your favourite moment of being staff so far?
My favorite moment being staff so far was when s13 had just started and the grand faction Relentless had a cane farm up. I made sure everyone knew that there’s no gain without cane. In other words I made sure everyone knew the term “No cane no gain.” Another moment that I will cherish is when I bought my very first bcof merch! Bcof if a staff member on skycade that has his own merch line! Finally one of my most top favorite moment as being staff was banning and muting my faction member synba!

What do you think your biggest mistake is so far?
The biggest mistake so far was buying Bcof merch. I really should’ve bought the bcof bikini! In all seriousness one of my biggest mistakes were probably staying up till 7AM playing hypixel with some staff members that were training!

Why did you apply for staff?
I firstly applied for staff because I obviously wanted to be #biasedforrelentlessnocanenogainfaction and to aboose. I was getting tired of minecraft in general and thought being staff would make the game more fun. I really do enjoy helping others even if it's a small thing that makes another person's day. I really never anticipated to help so many people in one day. You really have to memorize the rules and what certain things do on some game modes since that is what most players get stuck on. After a while this gets easier but if I ever find myself conflicted on what to do there's an awesome staff team that’s always there to give feedback!

Do you think staff is a chore or a fun hobby, why?

I feel that being a staff is both of these things. It's a chore when everyone in your faction is spamming “no cane no gain”, “china numba one”, woody memes, wall-e swinging a hula hoop, or wilmer spamming “vodka vodka comrade” and any other annoying stuff in faction chat. I typically find it being a chore when I’m busy with irl things and still have to fulfill my obligations. However, iiSpace is open to you taking breaks if needed! I enjoy it as a hobby because I enjoy playing this game even if it infuriates me a bit but helping other people enjoy this game that I came to enjoy for many years makes up for all the triggered moments! But let's be honest I mostly enjoy staffing as a hobby because I’m able to hit some sugarcane at the farm and also moderate chat at the same time.
Week 35 we introduced player interviews

First player interview this week! Just a reminder we vote on player interviews in our discord. Contact Xechro#6277 if you want to be nominated for an interview. You can also vote in our discord for who we should interview. DM for link. To start things off we did Smoothed… it went ‘great’...
Week 36 we interviewed Jack.

1) Why did you decide to make the network?
I felt like I finally had a good enough understanding of how servers worked to do a good job. I wanted to release the first Factions server that wasn't full of p2w ranks!

2) When the server first released did you picture the server being as big as it is now?
No, my channel was much smaller(deader) at the time, I can remember how excited we all were the first time the server hit 100 players online, now there are always at least 100 players online!

3) Where do you see the network in a couple of years?
Hopefully even more popular than it is now!

4) Who on the staff team do you hang out with the most?
In terms of who I talk to the most it's definitely Alex. Although I try to keep up to date with everything the staff are wittering on about in the #random Slack chat!
Week 38 was sara’s **first** interview!
Interview: SARA

1. Are you actually short?
The question of “are you actually short?” can mean soooo much if you think about it really what I think is that I’m actually really tall. (Quick shoutout to Astro you’re a nerd!) but if you consider 4’11 to be short then yes I’m really short.

2. Is it true that you edate?
I mean I don’t know how many times I’ve clarified this question but I guess I’ll do it again. Roses are red violets are blue I don’t edate and neither should you. Edating is icky!!!! (shoutout to angusss!!!)

3. How did you manage to get #1 on top deaths on kitpvp?
Alright top deaths is really an achievement if you think about it young man. Top deaths was me working hard 24/7 to be the best at something I could ever be (shoutout to Hope) I worked long and hard to really get the most deaths I could. But listen here Xechro. IM ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD AT PVP!!! I CAN BEAT ALL YALL IN ABOUT 2 SECONDS IN A 1v1 I JUST CHOOSE NOT TO!!!! But I guess that top deaths just kinda happened by itself in a way (shoutout to sombu you are the real egg)

4. Favorite experience on skycade as a non staff member?

My favorite experience when I wasn’t a staff member has to be when I got banned for non malicious hacks by Viking. The moments that I spent being banned was truly the best moments of my life. (Shoutout to Viking by the way) Also can we just take a minute to have a quick shoutout to Purfs. (/pwarp vote fish) vote for it or bad. But ya I guess my other favorite thing when I wasn’t a staff was probs the music events that was hosted by Alex that one time. Ezpz diamond rank ya know? Anyways what’s the next question.

5. Do they have homes in dubai?
Alright first off I’m gonna have to yell at Astro for leaking slack!!!! But after a long 30 or so minute conversation I now realize that they indeed do have homes in Dubai and it’s not all a big desert like I thought it was.... also they have camels and stuff that like act as cars that go across the roads and stuff so you can get places to go somewhere. SHOUTOUT TO SEALIEEEE

6. What was your favourite moment as a staff member so far?
My favorite moment as staff member so far..... hmmmmm uhhhhh ok so I guess that it could be when uh no not that one. Hm uh I think when I no that’s to basic. Ok I got it, favorite moment as staff member so far has to be wait not I don’t like that one. What is this question. Ok I got it I think. I think that it’s when I got to kick Alex from the server. You know the whole community felt clearer in a way that I can’t explain. But then he banned me for 15 mins for being annoying cus i WOuLdNt GiVE hIm HiS FloWEr BacK. What a nerd. (Shoutout to birbi and Zach Zach)

7. Do you miss being a normal player?
First off can I just point out how I have been trying to get a skycade weekly interview ever since I was a player. And then right when I get staff y’all start doing player interviews. Then that’s not it. Then these past 2 weeks was supposed to be my turn!! But then you choose Jack and Sourciety over me!!! I finally get my interview though so I can’t be to upset even if it is 3 months late. Whatever though. Okay so what was the question oh yes. At times being a staff can be stressful but I’ve gained so much knowledge from it I guess that I can’t be to upset with it. Being a player was fun but I can interact with the community more I feel like as a staff member. Ssssshshshshshshshouttt our to Liammm.

8. Which edating couple is your favourite in the Skycade community?
Okay first of all edating is gross and everything about it makes me want to throw up. But anyways I have more than one but I’m not going to make your eyes burn by looking at them. I think my favorite would have to be Sealie and Space because they are my parents and if I don’t say them I might actually get disowned. So let’s say them. Also this is my last question and I’m sad because I’ll never get a skycade weekly interview ever again unless something happens. But it’s okay because I know that my chances of getting another interview is way higher than Bcofs chances of getting Sr Mod so it’s okay.

MOM I MADE IT!!!!
Week 44 was the first week with smp and skyblock stats listed.

SMP + Skyblock TOP Pwarps

SMP:
bleegh - 1200
shop - 666 [was mine!]
fish - 453

Skyblock:

zim - 1.3k

nurse - 1.2k

ender - 838

SMP + Skyblock Bal Top Updates
SMP: Clam_ is in first place! Pigginess is in second and moderator carben is in 3rd
Skyblock: Zim8a is the top balance. JamieGirlGamer is second and Shaydaan 3rd.
Here is a part of Astro's interview.
What do you think about the fact that Sara7645 managed to give herself 12 stitches by stabbing herself with a crabs leg on Father's Day?
I actually have no words for this. I’m very confused on how she keeps managing to find ways to hurt herself; this is #1 so far for dumbest way. I would say “break a leg” for good luck in not finding another way to injure herself, but with her previous history of getting hurt...
Week 48 was a few days after the network hacking.
It is no secret to the forums Skycade was down a little this weekend due to a few hackers ruining the server. The server was rolled back.
And then there was Week 50,
Quickly, before we get into this. 50 threads, wow! Thanks for all the support.
-PigMatt
Which leads us to now! 52 weeks in.
Thank you.

Beaverman1

I'm like FitMC, But for SkyCade
Iron
Beaverman1
Beaverman1
Iron
second <o/
nice Thread! Always happy to be helping!

still want to become staff so I can take Sara's spot as shortest staff member

Last edited:

PigMatt