C
A
D
E
.net
???

SkyCade Weekly [Week 12]

SkyCade Weekly

Hello and welcome to the 12th edition of Skycade Weekly, the original news thread that strides to give the community the news that matters.

Staff Updates!
rk0660 -> got Helper

Creative
The first ever creative building contest with the theme Halloween is coming to an end soon! Only seven days until the contest is over. To submit your build just reply to iiSpace’s thread with your submission. The price is the Halloween Kit and the Designer Suffix. Users who already purchased the kit are able to get something else if they win! Good luck to all participants.

Factions
• Skycade has implemented the Skyblock crop hoppers on to Factions. Players will be able to do /hopper convert to convert their hopper into a crop hopper. /converthopper has been disabled.
• Factions also have KOTHs enabled! KOTHs are every day at 4 AM, 10 AM, 4 PM, 11 PM BST (British Summer Time). You can find all the event times in this forums thread by ex-manager Holly https://skycade.net/threads/factions-events-timetable.1140/#negative. If you have a Punch 1 bow you received from a kit or from AH, get rid of them. Punch bows are supposed to be obtainable by KOTHs only and Non-KOTH punch bows are now illegal items that will result in a temp-ban.
• There is a fancy scoreboard which has been added to the Factions server, it displays your current balance along with upcoming events. This can be disabled with /scoreboard.
• Party Votes have been added to Factions. Vote for Skycade while online Factions! Once Factions reaches 500 votes from it everybody will receive a Mystery Key and the counter resets to 0.
• There is a hopper limit on Factions now, factions are limited to 64 total hoppers. You may be worried that 64 is not enough but using the crop hoppers you should be fine.

General News
The store site has a limited edition suffix that will not be returning ever again, its name? The "Skull Trooper" suffix.

Art Of The Week

Made by Reddit user Sock_sock_sock.

Staff Interview
We got special questions again!! This week we decided to not do like normal and interview someone who's above helper but instead, we interviewed a helper known as ProfessorSlimez. Here's what she had to say! helper is joke

So, considering you applied 10 times for staff, what was it that kept you applying?:
I think at the beginning I didn't really take the applications seriously and put very little effort into them, I wasn't really bothered whether I was accepted or not. After about 6 months of playing skycade I genuinely wanted to become staff so that I could help more than just reporting on the forums. I then put so much more effort into them, probable about 4 or 5 of them I actually tried to make a good application and put a lot of effort into them. I kept applying because I was determined not to give up, I changed my application slightly everytime and I guess it payed off

What would you say is your greatest achievement as a staff member?:
I think my biggest achievement was probably making it though my helper stage without any false bans (Well as far as I know none were false xD) or getting 5k total bans

Why are you named ProfessorSlimez:
Well, I wanted to start a youtube channel about 2 years ago and have no imagination so I went onto a random name generator and it came out with the name Professor Slime, so I named my channel that at the time, but to be 'cool' I added a z instead of a s and got ProfessorSlimez

If you could give one tip to members applying for staff what would you tell them?:
Never give up with it xD If you get rejected on your fist application its not the end of the world. I'd suggest writing the last question answer in a word document seen as it's the most important, and improve it every time you apply. Don't use the same application over and over. I don't really know what space looks for in apps so I guess that's all I can say

What are your opinions on minimods?:
They can helpful, when staff aren't around to answer question in chat or on discord, having people to answer them is nice. However some people take it too far and it get's annoying. Like if I'm helping someone and then other people start repeating what I say to them to be 'helpful' it's just annoying or there can be times players give out false information. Also I just hate the word minimod xD I don't think people should be labelled as a minimod just because they reported someone for being mean or cheating

How long were you a member on the network before you became staff?:
I joined skycade april 2017 (ish) then got helper Febuary 2018, so about 10 months

———
Thanks for reading this week of Skycade Weekly! Make sure to check back next Wednesday for Week 13 our Spooky Skycade Weekly with a very special interview! Also we are in need of reporters! If you are interested fell free to DM this Forums account, Steve1Killer, PigMatt or Xechro! Here to end off the thread is a selfie by Bcof who keeps getting us to put things at the end here...
Keep Calm and Love Bcof

———

Last edited:

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
Great! But... What's wrong with punch bows? What happens if I enchant one with a table and get punch? Also can the staff tell if it's a KOTHs or not?

You cant do that, its disabled. Besides, if you are seen w/ punch its a ban from the network
But what's so bad about punch bows? And how can staff knows if it's a KOTHs one or not? 🎃

But
Staff will give you a warning and time to give them the now as some people may not realize they had(me) or didn't know it was illegal.
But why did they make it illegal? Thx

Last edited by a moderator:

rk0660

Diamond
rk0660
rk0660
Diamond
Great interview with Slimez :) When you doing a drawing steam though?

Also good information about all the new Factions stuff. It’ll be quite helpful to quite a few people.

Good job again :)

Bcof

my heels are higher than your future
Staff member
Administrator
MVP
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Senior Moderator
Can’t see the attachment, please update it!!

EddieStobart

I love you I think
Diamond
Gold
Elytras
Elytras
Diamond
What happens if I enchant one with a table and get punch? ?
You cant do that, its disabled. Besides, if you are seen w/ punch its a ban from the network

Matt6785

SolrFlare
SolrFlare
But what's so bad about punch bows? And how can staff knows if it's a KOTHs one or not? 🎃
Staff will give you a warning and time to give them the now as some people may not realize they had(me) or didn't know it was illegal.

Bcof

my heels are higher than your future
Staff member
Administrator
MVP
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Senior Moderator
@DrJacoby12 Edit your posts together, use the edit button. Reply one more time without the use of edit i will add a warning point to your account.

xDartz

Senior Mod
Diamond
xDartz
xDartz
Diamond
I really like Skycade Weekly Keep it up!!

TheFoodie

nothing much
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Diamond
Aside from that selfie at the end which I've seen way too much today another great weekly today. Keep it up!! 👍

apartmentalize

I used to be SrMod 💜
Diamond
Apartmentalize
Apartmentalize
Diamond
You're forgetting that @HugoDoesStuff got builder!
sadly, Builder promotions are not included but still gg too them <3

Hello and welcome to the 12th edition of Skycade Weekly, the original news thread that strides to give the community the news that matters.

Staff Updates!
rk0660 -> got Helper

Creative
The first ever creative building contest with the theme Halloween is coming to an end soon! Only seven days until the contest is over. To submit your build just reply to iiSpace’s thread with your submission. The price is the Halloween Kit and the Designer Suffix. Users who already purchased the kit are able to get something else if they win! Good luck to all participants.

Factions
• Skycade has implemented the Skyblock crop hoppers on to Factions. Players will be able to do /hopper convert to convert their hopper into a crop hopper. /converthopper has been disabled.
• Factions also have KOTHs enabled! KOTHs are every day at 4 AM, 10 AM, 4 PM, 11 PM BST (British Summer Time). You can find all the event times in this forums thread by ex-manager Holly https://skycade.net/threads/factions-events-timetable.1140/#negative. If you have a Punch 1 bow you received from a kit or from AH, get rid of them. Punch bows are supposed to be obtainable by KOTHs only and Non-KOTH punch bows are now illegal items that will result in a temp-ban.
• There is a fancy scoreboard which has been added to the Factions server, it displays your current balance along with upcoming events. This can be disabled with /scoreboard.
• Party Votes have been added to Factions. Vote for Skycade while online Factions! Once Factions reaches 500 votes from it everybody will receive a Mystery Key and the counter resets to 0.
• There is a hopper limit on Factions now, factions are limited to 64 total hoppers. You may be worried that 64 is not enough but using the crop hoppers you should be fine.

General News
The store site has a limited edition suffix that will not be returning ever again, its name? The "Skull Trooper" suffix.

Art Of The Week

Made by Reddit user Sock_sock_sock.

Staff Interview
We got special questions again!! This week we decided to not do like normal and interview someone who's above helper but instead, we interviewed a helper known as ProfessorSlimez. Here's what she had to say! helper is joke

So, considering you applied 10 times for staff, what was it that kept you applying?:
I think at the beginning I didn't really take the applications seriously and put very little effort into them, I wasn't really bothered whether I was accepted or not. After about 6 months of playing skycade I genuinely wanted to become staff so that I could help more than just reporting on the forums. I then put so much more effort into them, probable about 4 or 5 of them I actually tried to make a good application and put a lot of effort into them. I kept applying because I was determined not to give up, I changed my application slightly everytime and I guess it payed off

What would you say is your greatest achievement as a staff member?:
I think my biggest achievement was probably making it though my helper stage without any false bans (Well as far as I know none were false xD) or getting 5k total bans

Why are you named ProfessorSlimez:
Well, I wanted to start a youtube channel about 2 years ago and have no imagination so I went onto a random name generator and it came out with the name Professor Slime, so I named my channel that at the time, but to be 'cool' I added a z instead of a s and got ProfessorSlimez

If you could give one tip to members applying for staff what would you tell them?:
Never give up with it xD If you get rejected on your fist application its not the end of the world. I'd suggest writing the last question answer in a word document seen as it's the most important, and improve it every time you apply. Don't use the same application over and over. I don't really know what space looks for in apps so I guess that's all I can say

What are your opinions on minimods?:
They can helpful, when staff aren't around to answer question in chat or on discord, having people to answer them is nice. However some people take it too far and it get's annoying. Like if I'm helping someone and then other people start repeating what I say to them to be 'helpful' it's just annoying or there can be times players give out false information. Also I just hate the word minimod xD I don't think people should be labelled as a minimod just because they reported someone for being mean or cheating

How long were you a member on the network before you became staff?:
I joined skycade april 2017 (ish) then got helper Febuary 2018, so about 10 months

———
Thanks for reading this week of Skycade Weekly! Make sure to check back next Wednesday for Week 13 our Spooky Skycade Weekly with a very special interview! Also we are in need of reporters! If you are interested fell free to DM this Forums account, Steve1Killer, PigMatt or Xechro! Here to end off the thread is a selfie by Bcof who keeps getting us to put things at the end here...
Keep Calm and Love Bcof

———
I also love the post :) Its Great...except for bcof's bad selfie, that might need to be edited out :wink:

Last edited:

TheFoodie

nothing much
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Diamond
Lovely little interview ^-^

Also that photo of bcof seems to be everywhere xD
Ikr. It's so annoying. If I had a pound for everytime I saw it today I'd be rich.

D

Deleted member 210

Ikr. It's so annoying. If I had a pound for everytime I saw it today I'd be rich.
lmao its the image form of rick rolling, legit I said I found some great jack fanart and asked if people wanted to see and when they said yes I said JK and sent the bcof pic xD

Fancy

Default Settings 😎
Iron
xFqncy
xFqncy
Iron
nice work :)

Hairball

xlSparrow
xlSparrow
Nice work. Keep up the good work

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.