What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SkyCade Weekly [Week 30]

SkyCade Weekly

i_love_my_fish
i_love_my_fish
Hello! Welcome to week 30 of skycade weekly. Like the other 30 weeks this thread lists all recent and important news. Sorry for the slightly late post.

Staff Updates
AstroStqr -> Promoted to Mod.
Gabbie -> Demoted.

Status
There is now an official status page for skycade. It includes all the gamemodes; the website; network gateways and bans site. Link: https://status.skycade.net/

Purge / Factions Reset
The purge is on Friday @ 6:00 pm UK time. The purge is an event where you can hack on factions ONLY. Fonts and chat rules still apply during the event. The reset is 24 hours after the purge. For the reset the claim limit per faction will be 500.

Punishments
Birthtobabies -> Banned for Insiding [Reduced]
TurtleXY -> Banned for Insiding [Reduced]
Heapes -> Banned for Insiding [Reduced]
ASeal9 -> Banned for Doxing Threats [Reduced]
oBabyGirl -> Banned for Disgusting behavior

Staff Interview
This week we interviewed Helper NegativeKB.

What has been the most memorable moment so far? I haven't been staff for long. But I gotta say, every time I help someone out with something, even if it's small, I feel proud of myself. Even if I don't make it past my Helper month I will have gained some experience from this. So my most memorable moment is still on-going. Doing what I'm doing now, helping this community is the best moment I've had in a long time.

Why did you apply for staff and what did you think your chances of getting accepted were? I applied for staff so I could contribute to the community and help out. Reduce the hacker problem, help people out with anything they might need help with. My expectations were kind of low for getting accepted because I applied so much and never gotten a reply so I expected nothing of it. But somehow I jinxed it and Space messaged me during class one day and I was overwhelmed.

How long was the longest time it toke to get sufficient evidence or someone breaking the rules? Again, haven't been staff long. But I'd say around 10 or so minutes to get evidence on someone.

How did you get your username? How I got my username "NegativeKB", nothing really special. I was just looking for names and thinking of stuff I could name myself and I thought of how my knockback on any server is non-existent, so I decided to think of NegativeKB, as "Negative Knockback".

How did you find skycade and when? No one believes me when I say this but, Jack did a OP-Prison series back in 2014, he came out with Skycade as his own server and I joined when I was a fan of him. And It shut down for a while, I dunno when but after it shut down I still remembered the time I was in one of his videos from back then. I came back to Skycade mid 2016 I think when I found out KitPvP was a thing back in Map 1 of KitPvP.

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
Forgot a staff update

NegativeKB

I'm back >:)))
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
Best interview

Alexanderbr0

alexanderbr0
alexanderbr0
Very short and i cant talk about how skycade daily is better but i did right there and last time I did they said not to fight about it so ima say
eh could of been better

Hydra

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Hydragyrum
Hydragyrum
Last edited:

NegativeKB

I'm back >:)))
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
No way mine last week can't be topped
My bio clearly states "The Best" so clearly anything I do is the best so you are wrong sir!!!11!

Noto1472

Big Boi
Staff member
Administrator
Senior Moderator
Noto1472
Noto1472
Senior Moderator

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
My bio clearly states "The Best" so clearly anything I do is the best so you are wrong sir!!!11!
I can change that real quick for ya

litprism

SkycadeKitpvp
SkycadeKitpvp
news was basically ded this week

MarvelDC

forgets functions I wrote yesterday
Staff member
Diamond
MarvelDC
MarvelDC
Do not argue about Skycade daily and weekly.

_xRoses

_xRoses
_xRoses
After like a year and a half of playing on Skycade and I just now get forums and find this?!?! Why didn't I get forums sooner?!?!

XXVrexzyzXX

Best AU
Emerald
Diamond
Heapes
Heapes
Emerald
yay gabbiiee is demoted, yikes she falsed me a lot LOL

Unknown

Kronnosmc
Kronnosmc
No mention of ftop at all.....