What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skycade Weekly [Week 49]

SkyCade Weekly

i_love_my_fish
i_love_my_fish
Welcome to Skycade Weekly.

Staff Updates
Sara7645 and Bcof are back as helpers.
BuckBunny has sadly resigned.
Alexzander Flores has been promoted to Developer.

Minor Changes
  • MVP’s now get custom suffixes. They can change it every seven days.
  • Discord has more event roles now! Karaoke and Minecraft events are the new roles, which means we should suspect some karaoke and Minecraft event.
  • Crate key messages are now two lines in chat and not 3. Finally, it’s a little less spammy

Prisons
A quick reminder /server prisons = not supporting Sara!! Jokes aside, prisons had multiple updates, so here's a quick list.
  • You can no longer escape combat on prisons, a wall of red glass spawns when you are in combat preventing you. Logging out in combat spawns a villager people can kill to get your stuff.
  • MysteryCrate renamed to CowboyCrate
  • /prestigeshop now has an item in it which you can buy with prestige coins
  • New joiners now get a paper reading ‘PLEASE DO /FAQ TO GET STARTED’ ( http://prntscr.com/odryns )
  • An enchantment update was also released, Alex made a guide which you should read https://skycade.net/threads/prisons-enchants-guide.27171/
  • Fishing mcMMO drops are now customized items (You can get these once you reach level 1)
  • mcMMO grinding drops have been reworked and are easier to grind.
Factions FTOP
Our weekly look at f top.
Illusion - 158k
Platinum - 153k
UseCodeHPR - 22k
Unknown - 11k
WolfPact - 8k
Victoria - 7k
HardRaidZ - 7k
Hobnobs - 4k
Oculus - 3k

Stats - Skyblock + SMP
Many people asked for us to list more pwarps so we will be doing 5 this week.

SMP BalTop
- nocookies4me
- Pigginess
- MOPP4

Skyblock BalTop
- Zim8a
- JamieGirlGamer19
- EatMyPoopyTarts

SMP Pwarps
- shop (974)
- fishies (535)
- fish (487)
- hawaii (428)
- waterland (362)

Skyblock Pwarps
- zim - 1528
- nurse - 1484
- ender - 879
- share - 695
- bcof - 588

EffNuke | Interview

What are your thoughts on the toxicity in the community?
Toxicity is in every server regardless of what type of server it is. If Alex or whoever owns the server nowadays feel2s the need to limit what players can say then that's great - but the rules have now reached the point where even saying that someone is a 'nerd' can get you a lengthy mute. Skycade's playerbase mainly consists of younger children, so it is easily understandable that Skycade has these PG christian rules, but i still believe that the rules are way too strong for a minecraft server - especially in KitPvP and Factions; which are naturally supposed to be relatively toxic. Keeping the PG rules in the more chill servers such as skyblock / creative and whatever wouldn't be an issue as there is pretty much no toxicity there, but for kit and facs i reckon they should cut the players some slack, especially since they're getting slapped by hackers all the time and they can't even say "you're a nerd" without getting a fat ban / mute.

What do you think about all the threads on the flaws of skycade? (i.e #WAKEUPSKYCADE, An open letter, etc)
Although i think they're all a bit over the top for a minecraft server, it still is a good way to get the developers attention to face the flaws and downsides of the server they own. All the threads do address the problems Skycade is having, yet nothing is publicly ever being done about fixing these problems. Although my views on skycade are very different to others, it is still a server that some people genuinely spend their time on and enjoy every day, yet there is not any care coming from devs. There are problems in every server, and it can be difficult to keep everyone happy, but some of the issues that skycade has that still haven't been fixed is a joke. Staff / Devs seem to look at these threads as a threat or just someone being unhappy, yet the threads are all true and all focus on problems which the large majority of the skycade people agree with.

What do you think the future holds for skycade?
Skycade will always have players because it is already active and the 'owner' has a popular youtube channel. But although there will be players, most of them will not be happy with the state of the server. You can already evidently see the amount of quitting threads on the forums, that the amount of unhappy players leaving is increasing a lot. If the server overall doesn't change and Jack doesn't start uploading more in the next few months, skycade will have turned to an even bigger mess than it already is in. The state the server is in right now isn't too bad, there is plenty of problems and glitches, but they can all be fixed with a bit of patience and money, which im sure they have a lot of. I just reckon anyone who has a big part in the ownership of the server should actually do something so they can continue growing and get a better server.

Beaverman1

Beaverman1
Beaverman1
whoever interviewed Effnuke is sexy

AidenLikesPancakes

goalkeeping is my life
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
Why is bcof and Sara helpers again if I may ask. Its also sad that buckbunny resigned

Good interview as usual also if you did top 7 instead of 6 in smp I would be on this list sad hours

iWIL

Diamond
Wilbort
Wilbort
Diamond

Kwuffin

Bottom text
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
Effnuke couldn’t have given any loger answers

DuckyZxe

Froppy best girl in BNHA
Iron
JesseRu
JesseRu
Iron
Hottest than the last but it's not hotter than the next one ;)

ANewHope

Random Builder
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
You guys should put the colors back on the staff updates, looked better in my opinion :)

PigMatt

powered by bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
You guys should put the colors back on the staff updates, looked better in my opinion :)
Totally forgot we did this haha, expect to see this next week!

Deorc

Deorc
Deorc
Effnuke is good interviewee! Overall good thread, I do agree on the lenience on kit and fac server as players ususally get stressed with all the competitiveness. However the nerd part is kinda scary since I do call people nerds alot :oops:

Centurion

A D M I N
Staff member
Administrator
Centurion
Centurion
Admininistrator
People shouldn’t be getting muted just for calling another player a nerd. If anyone could provide me with examples of this happening that would be greatly appreciated.

Bcof

Skycade HELPER
Staff member
Helper
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Helper
Interesting thread, prisons seems to be running okay at the moment. I like the updates which are getting brought in.

Staff Updates
and i oop-

AidenLikesPancakes

goalkeeping is my life
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
Solid Update :)

People have said they annoyed Alex, I don’t know though :/
it doesn't take much to annoy welshalex though so yikes.com

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Welcome to Skycade Weekly.

Staff Updates
BuckBunny has sadly resigned.
Alexzander Flores has been promoted to Developer.

Minor Changes
  • MVP’s now get custom suffixes. They can change it every seven days.
  • Discord has more event roles now! Karaoke and Minecraft events are the new roles, which means we should suspect some karaoke and Minecraft event.
  • Crate key messages are now two lines in chat and not 3. Finally, it’s a little less spammy

Prisons
A quick reminder /server prisons = not supporting Sara!! Jokes aside, prisons had multiple updates, so here's a quick list.
  • You can no longer escape combat on prisons, a wall of red glass spawns when you are in combat preventing you. Logging out in combat spawns a villager people can kill to get your stuff.
  • MysteryCrate renamed to CowboyCrate
  • /prestigeshop now has an item in it which you can buy with prestige coins
  • New joiners now get a paper reading ‘PLEASE DO /FAQ TO GET STARTED’ ( http://prntscr.com/odryns )
  • An enchantment update was also released, Alex made a guide which you should read https://skycade.net/threads/prisons-enchants-guide.27171/
  • Fishing mcMMO drops are now customized items (You can get these once you reach level 1)
  • mcMMO grinding drops have been reworked and are easier to grind.
Factions FTOP
Our weekly look at f top.
Illusion - 158k
Platinum - 153k
UseCodeHPR - 22k
Unknown - 11k
WolfPact - 8k
Victoria - 7k
HardRaidZ - 7k
Hobnobs - 4k
Oculus - 3k

Stats - Skyblock + SMP
Many people asked for us to list more pwarps so we will be doing 5 this week.

SMP BalTop
- nocookies4me
- Pigginess
- MOPP4

Skyblock BalTop
- Zim8a
- JamieGirlGamer19
- EatMyPoopyTarts

SMP Pwarps
- shop (974)
- fishies (535)
- fish (487)
- hawaii (428)
- waterland (362)

Skyblock Pwarps
- zim - 1528
- nurse - 1484
- ender - 879
- share - 695
- bcof - 588

EffNuke | Interview

What are your thoughts on the toxicity in the community?
Toxicity is in every server regardless of what type of server it is. If Alex or whoever owns the server nowadays feel2s the need to limit what players can say then that's great - but the rules have now reached the point where even saying that someone is a 'nerd' can get you a lengthy mute. Skycade's playerbase mainly consists of younger children, so it is easily understandable that Skycade has these PG christian rules, but i still believe that the rules are way too strong for a minecraft server - especially in KitPvP and Factions; which are naturally supposed to be relatively toxic. Keeping the PG rules in the more chill servers such as skyblock / creative and whatever wouldn't be an issue as there is pretty much no toxicity there, but for kit and facs i reckon they should cut the players some slack, especially since they're getting slapped by hackers all the time and they can't even say "you're a nerd" without getting a fat ban / mute.

What do you think about all the threads on the flaws of skycade? (i.e #WAKEUPSKYCADE, An open letter, etc)
Although i think they're all a bit over the top for a minecraft server, it still is a good way to get the developers attention to face the flaws and downsides of the server they own. All the threads do address the problems Skycade is having, yet nothing is publicly ever being done about fixing these problems. Although my views on skycade are very different to others, it is still a server that some people genuinely spend their time on and enjoy every day, yet there is not any care coming from devs. There are problems in every server, and it can be difficult to keep everyone happy, but some of the issues that skycade has that still haven't been fixed is a joke. Staff / Devs seem to look at these threads as a threat or just someone being unhappy, yet the threads are all true and all focus on problems which the large majority of the skycade people agree with.

What do you think the future holds for skycade?
Skycade will always have players because it is already active and the 'owner' has a popular youtube channel. But although there will be players, most of them will not be happy with the state of the server. You can already evidently see the amount of quitting threads on the forums, that the amount of unhappy players leaving is increasing a lot. If the server overall doesn't change and Jack doesn't start uploading more in the next few months, skycade will have turned to an even bigger mess than it already is in. The state the server is in right now isn't too bad, there is plenty of problems and glitches, but they can all be fixed with a bit of patience and money, which im sure they have a lot of. I just reckon anyone who has a big part in the ownership of the server should actually do something so they can continue growing and get a better server.
"PG Christian rules"
As a Catholic, I find this insulting there are multiple writings about Jesus' death and crucifixion and that is not PG. Please ban Effnuke for religious discrimination implying that Christianity is only PG :mad:

That is a joke in case anyone actually thinks about reporting Effnuke I do not give a shit Effnuke is a bloomin mad lad.

(Also I can pull the Christian card as Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity ;D)

Last edited: