What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skycade Weekly [Week 62]

SkyCade Weekly

i_love_my_fish
i_love_my_fish
Welcome to Skycade Weekly!
Some people have said that they are disappointed that Skycade Weekly hasn't changed since we revamped, so if you have any ideas on how we could change please dm Xechro#6277!

Staff Updates
SeniorDiscount → Demoted
yakovliam → Jr. Dev
devdude → Developer
Zuts → Resigned

Punishment Updates
Miamy -> Banned for Malicious Hacks, Reach, Hitbox [report]
YOLQ -> Banned for Malicious Hacks [report]
Hampuu (EdatingIcky)-> Reduced to 6 days (until 11/10/12)
Unhealinq (Fluffymossy)-> Banned for Autosoup
xMick -> Banned for fly
Heapes -> Unbanned from Griefing, Stealing, Illegal items

Skygrid
On Skygrid, the quarry has now been opened. You can go there by using the command /warp quarry.

KitPvP
The KitPvP map is now Halloween themed! There is a new spawn area and new structures as well as new pathways within the map. This includes pumpkins, autumn / spooky trees, ghosts, a haunted mansion at the back with parkour and much more for you to discover yourself. We would like to thank the build team for yet another incredible seasonal map.

Thread of The Week
-litspere's quitting event and post:
-Fishy's stockpile of old Envy memes and his first post since his resignation
-Skycade community's list of Spotify Playlists!

Stats

Skygrid

Bal Top

1. counting_to_15 - 35,125,407
2. The_twin - 28,311,133
3. Raging_Bull_ - 12,584,629
4. Virtxual - 7,197,029
5. Ceriluxe - 6,020,927

Server total - 182,897,422

Factions

F TOP

1. Berlin - 12,642,317
2. Illusion - 1,182,786
3. Resistance - 542,116
4. Origin - 62,423
5. UnitedBroZ - 60,038
Bal Top
1. N0VUR - 5,000,000,000
2. N0VUR_alt - 4,668,452,364
3. keesie7 - 3,191,306,142
4. umadbrohh - 2,641,744,631
5. DeltaBlade - 2,439,839,677

Server total - 41,074,435,955

SMP + SKYBLOCK

Skyblock Bal-top

1. Bitcoin_ - 1,228,381,404
2. lordspooker7 - 996,821,828
3. dwayneh - 951,090,800
4. himio - 800,601,898
5. WhereAreMePants - 615,460,721

Skyblock IS Top

1. JamieGirlGamer19 - Level 2,907,704
2. Joostagram - Level 1,852,996
3. _Therunner_ - Level 1,838,498
4. NanoCraft7- Level 311,312
5. Sindhi - Level 200,413

SMP Bal-top

1. Clam_ - 23,829,944
2. MOPP4 - 14,972,708
3. iCarBen - 8,743,993
4. gorillajumpsuit - 6,637,902
5. Disrepair - 6,000,000

Server total - 234,062,690

SMP Pwarp Top

Shop: 1891 Votes
Shoppy: 785 Votes
Hawaii2: 675 Votes
Waterland: 647 Votes
Fishies: 626 Votes

Interview - Astro

If you could change one thing about Skycade, what would it be?

KitPvP map. The last good one in my opinion was the tree stump map, Christmas or Valentine’s Day edition. Without these special builds the map was flat and boring, but over time more caves and secrets were added. Cave map was the best map hand down. I seriously wish that this map was reintroduced.

Do you think that introducing Skygrid was a good decision?

I think the idea of introducing the game mode and the way it has been presented and implemented is fine, however I don’t think it’s keeping up to it’s promise. When Alex made the announcement thread for skygrid I asked if it would have the same persisting problems as did Skyblock, since he mentioned that it would be ran on the same server. He said that there would be significantly less bugs and smoother experience, however I don’t think this turned out the way he said it would. It’s been about 2 weeks (?) since it’s released and I’d dare to say there have already been more bugs in this period than skyblock has currently. Obviously, I can’t blame everything on Alex as it’s a new gamemode and obviously there’s going to be some issues, but with the amount of bugs, glitches, and dupes being found I think it’s a bit ridiculous of how it’s come so far. At least people are still enjoying it.

How and when did you find this server and who helped you at the beginning of your Skycade experience?

I found Skycade through browsing NameMC for servers as well as just trying out random servers. I originally joined in February of 2017, but I became active in April 2018. The first person I clearly remember who helped me at first was Jackel, an old staff member. I remember asking him about his giveaway and the forums specifically. We still keep in touch over snap and discord; he’s a great friend.

After resigning from mod, what made you want to apply again?

When I resigned first time around, I was still somewhat naive. I had only been moderator for less than a month and I was still getting used to the complete workings of being staff. In that short time I missed the work. I missed being able to punish rule breakers, I missed being able to to reports and appeals. Most of all I missed being part of the community to a larger extent. Many of my friends came from when I was staff. Since then I’ve lost quite a bit of these friends, and after I got demoted I’ve lost touch with some as well.

If you could tell your past self from your first day on the server something, what would it be?

I would tell myself to appreciate what’s left before criticizing everything. Recently it seems like everyone has been finding something to bitch about with the server, understandably; myself included. While many of these complaints are legitimate, I still enjoy playing on the server to the best that I can. Expecting something to be terrible before it even happens is somewhat dumb. I wish that I enjoyed playing what I could before all the negativity started. Take skygrid for example. Many people were super excited for it; I’d dare to say it’s been one of the better announcements as of recently. When it released it seemed like people enjoyed it without complaining for at least a day before all the bugs started kicking in, as mentioned above. I’ve been guilty of expecting the worst lately; sometimes I’ve been right, sometimes wrong. Really I should be enjoying what I can first.

How can the staff team make Skycade better again?

First priority is to fix the problems within the team itself. This includes bias, corruption to some extent, bad organization, etc etc. I can go on and on about this. The biggest issue right now and always will be is that most staff can’t handle being proven wrong, and will refuse to see a different side of the story. An example of this is the duels bug. Recently Alex stated that there should be no reason for duels reports to be accepted. With the state that duels are in this is an absolute joke. The hitreg is completely broken, which is the first biggest issue, along with a handful of others. Because of this there has been a significant increase in the number of false bans where you get things like this https://skycade.net/threads/ratahmed-kitpvp-hacks.32379/ being accepted. @DabOnDatCheese and I went out and recorded us fighting some famous players and staff in duels on VANILLA MC and still proved that hitreg is absolutely terrible. We also pointed out that duels reports haven’t ever been accepted unless it’s completely obvious. Any yet, many staff refuse to see any of this and will not acknowledge anything from an outside source. I said I wasn’t going to name anyone, but I’d like to recognize Icy for being in my opinion the best all round staff. She works well with everyone, is super friendly, and understanding. She dealt with everything Dab and I threw at her for 3 separate incidents, and after all that she still said she understood and that she would try to help. Every staff member needs to be like this. Right now there’s staff who ignore players simply because they don’t like them, don’t acknowledge any problems whatsoever, are staff purely to fanboy Jack, etc etc. Staff interaction with the player base is one of the primary ways to make sure that your players have an enjoyable time playing on the server. When you have things going on in the staff team like mentioned above you are only killing your player base. The staff teams from s7-11 were probably the last good ones in my opinion. This needs to be the first reason of order if skycade is to become what it was once long ago.

Last edited:

Kwuffin

no
Diamond
_____________yes
_____________yes
Diamond
Every YouTube comment section:
“FIRST!”
nice interview

Beaverman1

I'm like FitMC, But for SkyCade
Iron
Beaverman1
Beaverman1
Iron
wow thats alot of juicy news! GG

Bubble1118

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚
Diamond
Gold
Bwbble
Bwbble
Diamond
I’d like to recognize Icy for being in my opinion the best all round staff. She works well with everyone, is super friendly, and understanding. She dealt with everything Dab and I threw at her for 3 separate incidents, and after all that she still said she understood and that she would try to help. Every staff member needs to be like this.
Really agree on this one- Icy is great. I remember when she was helper, seems like such a long time ago <3

AidenLikesPancakes

Bedrock Miner
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
SMP Pwarp Top

Shop: 1891 Votes
Shoppy: 785 Votes
Hawaii2: 675 Votes
Waterland: 647 Votes
Fishies: 626 Votes

i see a problem here, there is no pwarp pancake. fix that by doing /pwarp vote pancake!

Also the interview was very epic, qt astro

Hairball

xlSparrow
xlSparrow
Skycade weekly being staff positive as always. Or then just super ignorant about the current drama around xlSupreme's perm mute

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
I FORGOT TO INCLUDE BUT SHOUTOUT TO MY BOY @AidenLikesPancakes THE EPIC GAMER HIMSELF BE SURE TO /PWARP VOTE PANCAKE

DSD373

DSD373
DSD373
Doesn’t mention xl getting muted lol

#Freexl

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
Skycade weekly being staff positive as always. Or then just super ignorant about the current drama around xlSupreme's perm mute
Doesn’t mention xl getting muted lol

#Freexl
i didn't know this because I'm not active ingame so if you want me to mention stuff like this dm me on discord Xechro#6277

Dymitri

i7Block
i7Block
Skycade weeklys ex owner was pigmatt so dont be suprised its ignoring all the bs mutes/bans

Dymitri

i7Block
i7Block
@AstroStqr✧ as always raised many valid points. Skycade must change.
Why cant any of you understand skycade will never change, I have seen people complain and complain but the managers aint listening just give up

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
Which one was the cave map? Was that the one with the mushrooms?

Dymitri

i7Block
i7Block
Classic hampuu asking "who are you???" Lmfao imagine bragging that your well known on a bad minecraft server. My main has been playing for over 2 years and i havent heard of you until recently

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
FingersAreWet
FingersAreWet
Emerald
Classic hampuu asking "who are you???" Lmfao imagine bragging that your well known on a bad minecraft server. My main has been playing for over 2 years and i havent heard of you until recently
where is Dymitri playing then? skyblock?

Dymitri

i7Block
i7Block
where is Dymitri playing then? skyblock?
I mainly have played factions and kitpvp but been on skycade a bunch of times

coolguy

Mick#6918
Diamond
Iron
coolguy
coolguy
Diamond
It's a honor to make it in the punishment updates! Finnaly I'm not classified as a rando!

Dymitri

i7Block
i7Block
It's a honor to make it in the punishment updates! Finnaly I'm not classified as a rando!
Indeed, if you have been mentioned in skycade weekly you are the most popular kid on the block