What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skycade Weekly [Week 64]

SkyCade Weekly

Welcome to Skycade Weekly!
Staff updates
Duckowap - Demoted
aCup - Resigned

Punishment Updates
Bootub (Batub_) reduced to 14 days (until 31/10)
Slaavic banned for malicious hacks ( range )
RinTosaka (SmexyTeemo) banned for doxing
Stomache (Sazo) network banned for doxxing, VPN evasion, botting (no unban)
Mr_ducky_duck muted for inappropriate language
Skipped (8oq) mute reduced to 14 days (until 03/11)
Legeaf unbanned
JustAstro muted for targeted disrespect
Unhealinq (fluffymossy) reduced to 14 days (until 03/11)
dlyn (birbi) ban reduced to 40 days (until 30/11)
Unblatant banned for reach
xlSupreme banned for minor bug abuse
Beggings banned for autosoup
Many people have been banned 2-4+ times for not listening to staff and going on top of the barriers in kitpvp. Some of these people include vLea, TutionalDigi and Quackel

Store Update + GG Jack!
A new 1Mill suffix has been released today on the store for Jack hitting 1 million subscribers. At the moment it isn’t clear how long the suffix will be up on the store for exactly. However, we have been told that it will be a few days.

Staff / Ranks building competition
Last Saturday, a building competition was held for staff with 2 rounds of 7 staff each. The first rounds building theme was space, with some of the best builds coming from NattThePanda, Sara7645 and NegativeKB. The second rounds theme was steampunk, (after originally being superheroes). Many struggled with this theme and didn’t know what it really was. The best builds from this round where from Icy and IArePanda. To watch the full live stream of the event, see the spoiler
There is expected to be another building competition for ranked players soon, estimated to be at the end of November. More information about this is likely going to be announced within the next few weeks

Thread of the Week
This thread https://skycade.net/threads/the-return-of-dinos-t2nas-and-kevins-cave.33286/ by _itz_dino_ showing the story of their caves and how a another one was recently created, but then deleted

/Report change?
It is highly likely that there will be a change in the /report system within the next week or two. This comes after developer Taon2 responded to this thread https://skycade.net/threads/report-cooldown.33649/ saying that “Within the next week (likely) there’s quite a few nice changes coming to the /report system. You’ll look forward to them.” We can assume that this means that the reporting cooldown down will be reduced as this is what the thread was about. Also, there are likely to be a few more changes that will be announced soon.

Kitpvp
It has been speculated that Kitpvp will reset in the next 1-2 months. There will be at least a revamp coming to the gamemode that will bring 14 new kits, fix many bugs and balance out the kits. More is said by Taon2 at the end of this thread https://skycade.net/threads/hydra-kit.33651/
Also, we are being told that there will be one or two kits that use pots instead of soup when this happens, and wizard kit will be removed. This update will include a stats wipe as kits are being removed and added

Showcase

Four nice drawings from GECKO.com

Another great but creepy piece of art by ProfessorSlimez just in time for Halloween!

A very detailed piece by /PWARPVOTESHOP

More lovely art from Sombu

Stats

Skygrid

Bal top
1. counting_to_15 - 107,081,704
2. The_twin - 90,070,622
3. Raging_Bull_ - 26,528,354
4. Bad_Cat - 22,471,299
5. Fishofrank - 17,395,056
Server total - 502,695,574

Factions
F Top
1. Berlin - 20,053,169
2. Illusion - 2,304,501
3. Illusion2 - 1,932,559
4. UnitedBroZ - 550,751
5. Origin - 166,576

Bal Top
1. N0VUR - 10,000,000,000
2. keesie7 - 3,191,306,141
3. umadbrohh - 2,641,744,631
4. DeltaBlade - 2,184,538,314
5. umadbrahh - 1,801,556,136
Server total - 43,160,606,838

Skyblock

Bal Top
1. boomio - 1,500,120,104
2. Bootub - 772,509,127
3. Markury - 510,909,580
4. WhereAreMyPants - 480,758,051
5. brokeboicrabby - 437,579,654

IS Top
1. JamieGirlGamer19 Level 3,946,410
2. Joostagram Level 2,767,373
3. _Therunner_ Level 2,408,242
4. bluedreamcx Level 320,000
5. KickLouis Level 272,370

SMP

Bal Top
1. Clam_ - 25,727,917
2. M0PP4 - 14,972,708
3. iCarBen - 9,484,095
4. gorillajumpsuit - 8,376,093
5. Disrepair - 6,000,000
Server total - 249,138,743

Pwarp Top

Shop: 2019 Votes
Shoppy: 835 Votes
Hawaii2: 688 Votes
Waterland: 686 Votes
Fishies: 645 Votes

Prisons

Top kills
1. candy_cane_kid - 5976 kills
2. vortixs - 5173 kills
3. ethreal_being - 4588 kills
4. ScythOfTheAngel - 4165 kills
5. oGodly - 3979 kills

SkyCade Weekly

Interview - Hornet

Do you still play Skycade? And if not, why?

I wouldn't say that I "play" Skycade but I do come on ever so often mostly due to memories of past seasons.

Is there anything special you want to see in kitpvp or in factions after the reset?

There's already several great threads in suggestions for things to be included in kitpvp and factions. In my humble opinion, I want to see better kit balancing in kitpvp since right now there are some kits that go against the very thing that kitpvp is meant to be (cough hydra and verb). For factions, I want to see competition and said competition maintained throughout the season. This last season especially (being incredibly long) demonstrates how competition falls off gradually to the point where playing the game is obsolete. This has been the trend in factions for a while: one faction would dominate, the f top 2 faction would be their ally or, if their enemy, far far behind in points. This means that less people play as they don't see a point if there's no possible way they can win. Unfortunately, this problem is somewhat out of Skycade's hands as they can't force people to play but I believe they could be doing more to keep the season interesting and keep competition high.

What is your favorite gamemode and why?

Right now, my favourite gamemode would have to be kitpvp due to the fact that, although repetitive, it's interesting and testing of your own ability. Sometimes it can be irritating due to bowspammers and others but that's just part of the challenge.

What would you say the worst gamemode is in your opinion and why? How can they make it better?

The worst game mode, in my opinion, is SMP but that's mainly because I don't play it and don't find it appealing. Nothing Skycade can do about that. Out of game modes I play and like, the worst would have to be factions. There's way too many bugs, at some points it's unplayable due to lag and, as stated previously, there is a distinct lack of competition that leads to boring seasons after a month or so.

Is there anything new or anything old that you want to see in Skycade again?

The one old thing that I miss and wish was back is Skycade's community. Of course, it's still here but it seems much different now. Skycade's appeal for me in S7 and around that time was how close together the community was. Recently, Skycade has become more and more like a corporation and to me at least, that sense of community is dead. One thing I liked about S7 time was how even though staff are obviously above players in the grand scheme of things, when talking to a staff member, it was like talking to a real person and it felt like a level playing field whereas now the disconnect between staff and players seems much greater in the sense that the management has become faceless and doesn't seem to care anymore. This worsens the ties between players and staff since staff can act how they want with less integrity than before. I would want it so that the sense of community and belonging is reinstated since, as humans, one of our main goals and wants is to belong and especially to belong to something broader than ourselves. The Skycade community satiated this list. Now it isn't just the staff and management that are to blame for this. Every group has some foot in this. I do believe that the community made S7 era a better and far more enjoyable time and thus would like it restored.

What was the best season / time or year on Skycade for you and why?

S7 - S9 without a shadow of a doubt. Staff seemed like real people; the community was closer; things were generally simpler. It was nice to be able to run around as a complete random and just explore and have fun.

Beaverman1

You've seen my voiceover video's
Iron
Beaverman1
Beaverman1
Iron
So many staff members resigning, this is actually sad. Not sure what the staff team will look like soon but I'm weirdly excited I guess

vortixs

#FREEDAB
Emerald
Diamond
vortixs
vortixs
Emerald
When kitpvp resets do we lose our kits we bought

Kwuffin

If you do anything, you might as well do it good.
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
When kitpvp resets do we lose our kits we bought
ofcourse we do, a reset is when a season of a gamemode ends, so everyone's kills, deaths, assists, kits, etc. get reset

PigMatt

Social Distancing
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond

Matty

awh shucks
Staff member
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
mattyuwu
mattyuwu
taon2 best staff yaes

vortixs

#FREEDAB
Emerald
Diamond
vortixs
vortixs
Emerald
ofcourse we do, a reset is when a season of a gamemode ends, so everyone's kills, deaths, assists, kits, etc. get reset
Thanks. Ik that was prolly it. Double checking

xChocobear

Map Art Maker, Random, Idiot
Diamond
Iron
ILikeDogz
ILikeDogz
Diamond
I've been scammed the person who checks the top pwarps on smp didn't read the names
Hawaii2 was renamed to ILikeDogz (its been renamed for like a week) nerd also waterland is the pwarp with 688 votes when u checked

Last edited:

Terpoint_yt

I am MiniMod
Iron
CoHutt
CoHutt
Iron
You forgot my false ban......
@SkyCade Weekly
(Still not unbanned btw)

Last edited:

Realtra

Diamond
Iron
Realtra
Realtra
Diamond
So many staff members resigning, this is actually sad. Not sure what the staff team will look like soon but I'm weirdly excited I guess
I'm happy at least. It's about time the old generation rots away.

yebany

yebany
yebany
Lol wtf beggings banned for autosoupin

vortixs

#FREEDAB
Emerald
Diamond
vortixs
vortixs
Emerald
lol i am kinda well known, but not on the level of pigmatt or dicator
You aren’t well known. Neither and I so stop saying you are.