A
D
E
.net
???

Skycade Weekly [Week: 9]

Skycade Weekly

Skycade Weekly Week 9

Hello! Sorry about the extremely late post last week, the main editors had some IRL stuff to deal with. Thanks to @TheGreenBanner for posting the previous edition.
We'd like to hear your feedback on what we could change / add to this version of Skycade Weekly. It could anything from format changes to new sections or even events. Replying to this thread would be great for the feedback. For Week 10 of Skycade Weekly, we'd love to do something with all of you guys. The plan is to let some people write different parts of the next edition to change it up a little. Please DM this account and we'll give you a link to our Discord where you will be briefed by one of our editors!

BUT, on with this week. This edition is going to be full of news!

Thread of the week

The Factions Season 20 Trailer

Notable Punishments:
  • BallT was banned for Bug Abuse
  • Dogyy was Blacklisted
  • Obs_Is_Very_Hot was muted for Inappropriate Language
  • xFqncy was muted for Targeted Disrespect
  • Nophi was muted for Targeted Disrespect
  • iSlaveTrade was banned for Malicious Hacks

Staff Movements:
  • HotDawger was promoted to Admin
  • Bcof was promoted to Admin
  • Zim8a was promoted to SrMod
  • hypews was promoted to SrMod & KitPVP Manager
  • NegativeKB formally resigned from KitPVP Manager
  • MarvelDC was promoted to JrDev

Notable Content Updates:
SMP:
  • Two new rules have been officially added to the SMP Specific Rules. You can read more at:
    • No boosting in duels/events
    • No cheating in events
  • Beacon prices have been increased to $10,000
  • DynMap now shows the chat

Factions:
Factions Season 20
has been confirmed to release on the 3rd April @ 6pm UK / 12pm EST! This season will be like no other, with revamped events, new items and a general overhaul in the gamemode itself. Here is a small, condensed list of the major changes and additions: - Read more at
  • Payouts - All payouts will be accumulated and given out at the end of the season:
    • Ftop 1: $60 USD & 60 Buycraft - $30/30 per week
    • Ftop 2: $30 USD & 30 Buycraft - $15/15 per week
    • Ftop 3: $16 USD & 16 Buycraft - $8/8 per week
  • Added the factions pass
  • Revamped outpost, printer, sand bots, throwable creeper eggs
  • Added a new cannoning jar. Factions has switched from Stellar to WineSpigot
  • Added HarvesterHoes. These will replace Sell Wands
  • Added Chunk Collectors, Chunk Busters, Chunk Loaders, Conquest and Upgrade Crate, Gen Blocks
  • Removed IG Spawners
  • Added Squid and Villager spawners
Creative:
Creative
has reset! Taon has been working on this behind the scenes and it has finally released with a few new features. Read more here:
  • Updated to 1.16.5
  • A new upgrade is available on the store! You can now upgrade to 16plots.
  • You now have access to the Head Database
  • You can now use /playerhead without a cooldown
  • Added goPaint and goBrush
  • Lava will be enabled a few weeks after release to stop cobble monsters
  • Build Competitions may be making a return! ANewHope might be starting these in April
Gamemode Stats:
Skyblock:
Baltop:

Server Total: $12,453,827,128,731.30
1 - Vikimycio - $2,212,432,133,851
2 - Bitcoin_ - $1,602,119,779,081
3 - JamieGirlGamer19 - $1,343,223,703,772
4 - SilverHawk - $1,137,378,615,283
5 - prchica2 - $610,576,981,761

Is-top:
1 - CoffeeForFlea - 1000000
2 - TeamIkea - 881809
3 - JamieGirlGamer19 - 420009
4 - saffue - 242883
5 - Bitcoin_ - 225747

Pwarp top:
1 - kindred - Kindredcashew98 - 800
2 - ghosted - Kermit_Doritos - 522
3 - criticalz - ilyminne - 492
4 - exp - RagingBull - 410
5 - jamie - JamieGirlGamer19 - 276

SMP:
Baltop:

Server Total - $2,816,076,437
1 - Clam_ - $1,100,415,926
2 - TinyVik1ng - $410,115,739
3 - Caliar - $386,162,876
4 - JamieGirlGamer19 - $369,089,762
5 - R3tr0sWG -$100,000,000

Pwarp-top:
1 - jamie - JamieGirlGamer19 - 1572
2 - monies - SkycadeNetwork - 1377
3 - shoppy - Solqr - 1255
4 - shop - Clam - 1206
5 - bee - MineOfSabine - 1126

KitPVP:
Top Gang Points
:
1 - what - 42,005
2 - holegang - 7,324
3 - CarmineReg - 3,483
4 - CBA - 2,961
5 - Heaven - 2,616

Kitmap:
Faction-kill-points
:
1 - Horsemen - 1,003
2 - FemBoys - 341
3 - oAmin - 190
4 - DogServer - 102
5 - Dotz - 52

Faction Balance:
1 - Berlin - $21,900
2 - DogServer - $5,350
3 - Creep - $3,000
4 - Horsemen - $2,501
5 - ooo - $2,500

Faction Kills:
1 - Horsemen - 1,584
2 - FemBoys - 633
3 - oAmin - 450
4 - DogServer - 294
5 - ooo - 194

We have an interview with Bcof!
How do you feel the development of Factions Season 20 went?
All of us have worked extremely hard for this map, the suggestions provided by the reps were crazy, which definitely helped us in finding out what players wanted, so the process went pretty good
What reaction do you think this season will get?
With the addition of so many new modernised features, and the new crate keys people can buy of the store, I believe players will love it.
What made you decide on making a trailer?
The trailer idea has been suggested countless of times throughout Factions history. We wanted to test out the process and see its effectiveness.
How long did planning take?
Started planning around the 5th of march? but the pace has picked up the past 2 weeks.
How many ducks is too many ducks?
Too many ducks is 2 ducks, :(
-
@Negative we must demote

We also have an interview with Xechro!
When did you first start playing Skycade?
I first joined the server towards the end of Season 8 or Factions/OP Factions, if I remember correctly this was either the very end of 2017 or in the first few months of 2018.

What do you think of Skycade Weekly v2?
First off, while I am far more invested in this than I should be, considering that this interview is being posted on a weekly news thread which itself is being posted to the forum of a Minecraft server whose active player base is about 150 on a good day (When it once peaked at 1200+ concurrent). I shall try to give my honest opinions. In my mind “Skycade Weekly v2” is not an accurate name. None of the staff or writers who were (as far as I know) part of the “original” Skycade Weekly contribute to the threads. Nor was anyone who was a part of the team asked if the name could be used for a new weekly news thread. (Again, this is afaik). Lastly, I wouldn’t call it a “v2” if there is no improvement on the original. This brings me to my next point; I suppose the name is accurate in one way, considering all the threads are blatant ripoffs of Skycade Weekly. Ripoffs, which are, quite frankly, not even done that well, with worse formatting and the same exact sections. I’m not saying Skycade Weekly was a masterpiece of human creation (it definitely was not) but if you’re gonna claim to be a “v2” either change at least something, or don’t infer that you're a continuation. When I say change, I mean something for the better, not for the worse. I would also like to point out at this point that I don’t actually care about what happens on this fast-dying Minecraft server. This is all for the sake of a good laugh and gives some feedback. In case anyone got the wrong impression. (Also shoutout to my boy Astro :]]) There was a reason Skycade Weekly ended; it got repetitive and boring due to the server declining. Trust me, in a few months writing the same thread with slightly different numbers, won’t be a fun task.

What would you change about Skycade?
I haven’t played in a while, so this will be shorter. From what I can see there are a few things that need to be addressed, mainly server performance and lag, but also gamemode related things. I used to be a factions rep so I could probably have rattled off quite a few things before I stopped playing, but I think at the essence is just listen, consider and act on player feedback. Taon, (who is, by the way, an absolute machine), has done a great job especially with the rep system over the past year or so, for example collecting player ideas//feedback in docs and holding meetings to discuss them, and with reps testing gamemodes before they release. I also think Skycade needs to find a way to bring the player count back up, it’s not entirely their fault that older players have left, I personally go into my last year of school in September, so I quite frankly do not have the time to play, I assume many other “older” players also have the same situation, that or they just lost interest in Minecraft as a whole. KitMap, for example, brought back a few older players (even if it was just for a short amount of time) and that’s already a good start. Alternatively, try and attract new players.

Do you think Factions Season 20 will go well, with all the new changes?
Even without the changes, the fact that they made a trailer and a system to get rewarded for sharing the trailer is already a step in the right direction. Sure, the new features help, but you need players to actually play in order for them to be worth anything. Another thing would be that hopefully there won’t be any issues in terms of lag or exploits, Bcof did already mention that TPS didn’t go below 18 when testing cannons, but Skycade has a bit of a history with cannoning issues so we will see. Personally, I will probably not be playing due to school but I may hop on to see how it’s going from time to time.

We would like to say a big thank you to Xechro for your opinion on Skycade Weekly V2. We really appreciate it!

also a frog for some reason

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGreenBanner

master of running
Iron
ItsGren
ItsGren
Iron
FIRST. THANK YOU FOR THE MENTION. I AM THE FACE OF SKYCADE WEEKLY

Last edited:

Norvd

Norvd
Diamond
Norvd
Norvd
Diamond
I should be skycade weekly secritaty

Louise

frogs are religion confirmed
Diamond
Iron
zoviel
zoviel
Diamond
AYO THE FROG

Buryings

Events Manager
Diamond
Buryings
Buryings
Diamond
Pog

Duckified

iiPoof
iiPoof
jacob stinks why would you interview him

AstroStqr✧

Skycade Influencer
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
I will never understand why you are trying to revive something that Xechro wanted to die out

Xechro

skycade influencer
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
I will never understand why you are trying to revive something that Xechro wanted to die out
preach

i wouldn't want to be revived and end up in a worse state than before????

at least they probably won't make it to week 100, because either:
-they'll burn out
-skycade will be dead
-the world will be dead

also how come bcof with his one sentence answers gets priority over my paragraph ones? smh

Last edited:

stonercanoe

Iron
Stoner2008
Stoner2008
Iron
Thread of the week just isn't thread of the week there are legit 5 better.

Time

Diamond
TimeOutErrorr
TimeOutErrorr
Diamond
hey its me again

hetti301

You're AWESOME
Diamond
Hetti301
Hetti301
Diamond
lets go mentioned 2 times, Im basically famous at this point

stonercanoe

Iron
Stoner2008
Stoner2008
Iron
isn’t it in most views or replys? Idk
These all have more views but maybe they didn;t want a reset announcment because that is covered and the other isn't that related to skycade

Mineralz

youtube.com/c/mineralz1
Diamond
iMinz
iMinz
Diamond
@THE_GH0ST you fat simp u give her 2t just like that? lemme be ur egirl

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.